DFW Mustang Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I am now hosting websites fulltime.

11K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  sabiraslam 
#1 · (Edited)
If you need a cheap hosting solution I will do it within reason as I need some customers to get off the ground, I am more looking to do dedicated solutions such as people that need a full time site admin to maintain their uptime as their primary business or a large chunk of their income is from online revenue. I have a fairly proven track record and I'm extremely helpful on things. You can talk to daprez, claudette, nicolle, hunt4m3x, nick, and others that I have or continue to host their sites in the future. You take care of me with cash and I'll make sure to take care of you.

For anyone with small sites and some email its $10 a month with no contract or $100 a year. If you are wanting to use my services to host large files/warez or music, go somewhere else. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Also let me know if I need to pay for site advertisement, I emailed chris and sent some message through the site but I never got a response, I don't really want an ad logo, just this post. Thanks dfwstangs community.

http://abecx.net/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=1

Use promocode dfwstangs for 50% off as normal prices are $20/$200 for a year of services.

#3 ·
Tell me how much! I'm not a hater, I just wasn't able to find the info and I went out of my way to do it. How much do posts cost ^_^

#6 ·
No service offers unlimited, its all unlimited with exceptions whether it be from inode limitations or file size and resource limitations. What I am offering is the pretty much the same, I am not hosting dropboxes, filesharing, or photodumps available to all ( ie flicker, rapidshare etc ). Everyone has a bandwidth cap as well, you're limited to the connection speed I have which is 100MB, large files are files over 2Gb. Traffic monitoring as far as log parsing awstats and webalizer, however I would highly recommend using a google analytics account. If you need more indepth than that I can assist. I also offer PCI compliance, and assistance on coding and other issues that you may have. I do not offer support for ASP until I have a Windows solution. If you're wanting to a host a site the requires a dedicated server I can do that for you as well and admin it.

#8 ·
I have a shared SSL certificate incase you dont want to buy your own.

https://abecx.net/~wuthapn/

Or whatever your username is will goto your site and use the SSL key for abecx.net. If you want to purchase your own SSL key np, I can install that as well for your board.

#10 ·
wordpress and joomla sites are super easy to create and there is a billion themes out there. My webdeveloper was a flake, i'm trying to find a new one at the moment.

#12 ·
I'll look into it, thanks!

Out of curiosity, where are you currently hosting? I've been getting good deals at the planet lately, dell r210's intel g6950 @ 2.8ghz 4gb 250gb + 1tb for 99 bucks a month with 2tb of bw. I "downgraded" from my dell 1950 (dual, dual core, 8gb ram, dual 250gb, 3tb of bw) to this server mainly to save cost and I wasn't using no where near the power the 1950 had and thus far i've been impressed.

#14 ·
Agreed on the wordpress and what not as a website creator. I have been using Expression Web 3 and it's not bad at all, but I am not sure of the cost of the software.

In regards to the web hosting I don't mean to put a rain on your non-paid for parade but you can't go wrong with godaddy.com they offer too much for too little.

#15 ·
The support from godaddy is atrocious, if you need simplistic webhosting at $15 a month for unlimited then by all means. I'm offering $100 a year which is far cheaper and WAY better support. I work in the industry and deal with some of the top companies on a daily basis from GoDaddy, 1&1, bluehost, hostgator and many others. I'm not trying to compete with them but I am offering a far better deal money wise for a different genre. Do you really think that GoDaddy is going to help you when your wordpress plugin destroys your site or when you cant figure out why your php sessions are not holding across domains? What about setting up caching to speed up your site that gets digged, or helping you progress as a company if you need support for say 100k visits a day. The scope of my support is far greater, and I'm offering it in limited quantities to a few people at a extremely fair price. To each his own.

#17 ·
that would be one of those resource intensive things he would need a dedicated server for, most likely.

Abec, would you possibly consider hosting a backup for me? About 5GB of data I'd like to have at a non-local location, no monthly transfer, only upload on occasion.

#18 ·
I'm working on building another server as well soon that will have 4TB of space, I have 2 remote locations available, my server, and a local server here on a uverse connection.

As for a game server, it depends on what you want. Alot of them are fairly low on resource requirements.

#19 ·
Im with CJ.. Id like to backup to an online site just for peace of mind. Dont want to lose all my photos for the last 8 years. Would need more than 5gb though.

#23 ·
Or walk into Fry's and spend like $15 on a 8 GB Thumbnail USB Drive. Or walk into Best Buy and spend $60 and get a Seagate 500GB external USB HD.

I wrote a simple batch file for my laptop. Any time I add something new to the laptop like work files, photos, music, installers, etc...I just click on the batch file and it copies all new files/folders over the home wifi network to a external Seagate USB drive that is set up as a shared drive on my desktop. And I just mapped it and used the net use command in the batch to make the batch file access the network drive.

#20 ·
The new box I'm putting together has far more redundancy and space than my current box. When I have it up I'll update my services in this post.

#24 · (Edited)
And on my hosted websites with HostGator. I just run a .php based Cron Job in CPanel to auto back up my entire account on Linux CentOS in the form of a .tar.gz file and it auto forwards to a different secured server. Unlimited Bandwidth, Unlimited Disk Space, Shared SSL, Unlimited sub domains, Unlimited e-mail accounts, Unlimted SQL databases, Unlimited FTP accounts, 250,000 Inodes, Awstats, 24/7 tech support, etc.. $8.95/mo.

If you can beat that with your new service, let me know. I'm always looking for a cheaper alternative. And a guaranteed 99%+ up time or and have the account discounted if up time guarantee is not met.

#25 ·
I know hostgator hosts the majority of their servers at the planet, and I can garuantee you that its not unlimited. They say it is, but it isn't. They also hosts 1000's of customers on a farm of 840's (that's what we provisioned primarily for them when i worked there). 99% uptime pretty much means you'll get paid (albeit not alot) if they go down. I used to be dedicated support for them at the planet, so I had to deal with alot of the HG guys.
I've seen many cases where their customers start to abuse the unlimited nature of their account and they get shut down or suspended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.