I am now hosting websites fulltime. - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
\(_o)/
 
AbecX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Las Colinas
Posts: 25,373
I am now hosting websites fulltime.

If you need a cheap hosting solution I will do it within reason as I need some customers to get off the ground, I am more looking to do dedicated solutions such as people that need a full time site admin to maintain their uptime as their primary business or a large chunk of their income is from online revenue. I have a fairly proven track record and I'm extremely helpful on things. You can talk to daprez, claudette, nicolle, hunt4m3x, nick, and others that I have or continue to host their sites in the future. You take care of me with cash and I'll make sure to take care of you.

For anyone with small sites and some email its $10 a month with no contract or $100 a year. If you are wanting to use my services to host large files/warez or music, go somewhere else. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Also let me know if I need to pay for site advertisement, I emailed chris and sent some message through the site but I never got a response, I don't really want an ad logo, just this post. Thanks dfwstangs community.

http://abecx.net/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=1

Use promocode dfwstangs for 50% off as normal prices are $20/$200 for a year of services.


Last edited by AbecX; 01-10-2010 at 07:40 AM.
AbecX is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 10:05 AM
Very Interesting
 
The Big Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Around the World
Posts: 9,856
IBTL

Buy a banner asshole

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
The Big Matt is offline  
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
\(_o)/
 
AbecX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Las Colinas
Posts: 25,373
Tell me how much! I'm not a hater, I just wasn't able to find the info and I went out of my way to do it. How much do posts cost ^_^

AbecX is offline  
 
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Very Interesting
 
The Big Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Around the World
Posts: 9,856
$_/(_o)\_$

Put money in hand!

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
The Big Matt is offline  
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 09:12 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
So this is unlimited unlimited? No bandwidth caps or storage limits? What do you consider large files? What do you offer in the way of traffic monitoring?
CJ is offline  
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
\(_o)/
 
AbecX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Las Colinas
Posts: 25,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
So this is unlimited unlimited? No bandwidth caps or storage limits? What do you consider large files? What do you offer in the way of traffic monitoring?
No service offers unlimited, its all unlimited with exceptions whether it be from inode limitations or file size and resource limitations. What I am offering is the pretty much the same, I am not hosting dropboxes, filesharing, or photodumps available to all ( ie flicker, rapidshare etc ). Everyone has a bandwidth cap as well, you're limited to the connection speed I have which is 100MB, large files are files over 2Gb. Traffic monitoring as far as log parsing awstats and webalizer, however I would highly recommend using a google analytics account. If you need more indepth than that I can assist. I also offer PCI compliance, and assistance on coding and other issues that you may have. I do not offer support for ASP until I have a Windows solution. If you're wanting to a host a site the requires a dedicated server I can do that for you as well and admin it.

AbecX is offline  
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!
 
White_lightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: SMackdownville,TX
Posts: 13,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbecX View Post
No service offers unlimited, its all unlimited with exceptions whether it be from inode limitations or file size and resource limitations. What I am offering is the pretty much the same, I am not hosting dropboxes, filesharing, or photodumps available to all ( ie flicker, rapidshare etc ). Everyone has a bandwidth cap as well, you're limited to the connection speed I have which is 100MB, large files are files over 2Gb. Traffic monitoring as far as log parsing awstats and webalizer, however I would highly recommend using a google analytics account. If you need more indepth than that I can assist. I also offer PCI compliance, and assistance on coding and other issues that you may have. I do not offer support for ASP until I have a Windows solution. If you're wanting to a host a site the requires a dedicated server I can do that for you as well and admin it.
What about setting up a secure UBB? https access only?

D.
Pain, is weakness leaving the body.
White_lightning is offline  
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
\(_o)/
 
AbecX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Las Colinas
Posts: 25,373
I have a shared SSL certificate incase you dont want to buy your own.

https://abecx.net/~wuthapn/

Or whatever your username is will goto your site and use the SSL key for abecx.net. If you want to purchase your own SSL key np, I can install that as well for your board.

AbecX is offline  
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 06:05 PM
fuckcanada
 
Roliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: fuckcanada
Posts: 5,325
Abec, you know anyone who does small 2~3 page websites? I don't need a host, I got a server already.

Roliath is offline  
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
\(_o)/
 
AbecX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Las Colinas
Posts: 25,373
wordpress and joomla sites are super easy to create and there is a billion themes out there. My webdeveloper was a flake, i'm trying to find a new one at the moment.

AbecX is offline  
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 09:22 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbecX View Post
No service offers unlimited, its all unlimited with exceptions whether it be from inode limitations or file size and resource limitations. What I am offering is the pretty much the same, I am not hosting dropboxes, filesharing, or photodumps available to all ( ie flicker, rapidshare etc ). Everyone has a bandwidth cap as well, you're limited to the connection speed I have which is 100MB, large files are files over 2Gb. Traffic monitoring as far as log parsing awstats and webalizer, however I would highly recommend using a google analytics account. If you need more indepth than that I can assist. I also offer PCI compliance, and assistance on coding and other issues that you may have. I do not offer support for ASP until I have a Windows solution. If you're wanting to a host a site the requires a dedicated server I can do that for you as well and admin it.
I've been hosted on fileshack for 11 years, I average 10-25gb a month in transfers, never even received an e-mail from them or any contact in that time. The only limitation they have is 2GB max content, which is why I'd like to switch. Most of what I host is images/photos.
CJ is offline  
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 12:03 AM
fuckcanada
 
Roliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: fuckcanada
Posts: 5,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbecX View Post
wordpress and joomla sites are super easy to create and there is a billion themes out there. My webdeveloper was a flake, i'm trying to find a new one at the moment.
I'll look into it, thanks!

Out of curiosity, where are you currently hosting? I've been getting good deals at the planet lately, dell r210's intel g6950 @ 2.8ghz 4gb 250gb + 1tb for 99 bucks a month with 2tb of bw. I "downgraded" from my dell 1950 (dual, dual core, 8gb ram, dual 250gb, 3tb of bw) to this server mainly to save cost and I wasn't using no where near the power the 1950 had and thus far i've been impressed.

Roliath is offline  
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 03:44 AM Thread Starter
\(_o)/
 
AbecX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Las Colinas
Posts: 25,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
I've been hosted on fileshack for 11 years, I average 10-25gb a month in transfers, never even received an e-mail from them or any contact in that time. The only limitation they have is 2GB max content, which is why I'd like to switch. Most of what I host is images/photos.
As long as you are not exceeding your shared server resources I doubt you'll ever get a complaint from your provider. I've seen users having 750k files on a site, over 300 domains attached to an account paying $8 a month. That's that kind of crap I wont host. If you're using enough resources for a dedicated server, I don't want to host your site. 10-25GB transfer a month is a drop in the bucket in for me, I'm able to do ~40TB's of transfer a month. When I say 2GB, I'm referring to a single file.

AbecX is offline  
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 04:00 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 144
Agreed on the wordpress and what not as a website creator. I have been using Expression Web 3 and it's not bad at all, but I am not sure of the cost of the software.

In regards to the web hosting I don't mean to put a rain on your non-paid for parade but you can't go wrong with godaddy.com they offer too much for too little.
Kadumel is offline  
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
\(_o)/
 
AbecX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Las Colinas
Posts: 25,373
The support from godaddy is atrocious, if you need simplistic webhosting at $15 a month for unlimited then by all means. I'm offering $100 a year which is far cheaper and WAY better support. I work in the industry and deal with some of the top companies on a daily basis from GoDaddy, 1&1, bluehost, hostgator and many others. I'm not trying to compete with them but I am offering a far better deal money wise for a different genre. Do you really think that GoDaddy is going to help you when your wordpress plugin destroys your site or when you cant figure out why your php sessions are not holding across domains? What about setting up caching to speed up your site that gets digged, or helping you progress as a company if you need support for say 100k visits a day. The scope of my support is far greater, and I'm offering it in limited quantities to a few people at a extremely fair price. To each his own.

AbecX is offline  
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 09:40 PM
you stinky bitch
 
inline 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: go fuck yourself
Posts: 3,728
I want to run a game server, can you help with that?

Best something in Texas.... just don't know what it is yet....
inline 6 is offline  
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 11:23 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by inline 6 View Post
I want to run a game server, can you help with that?
that would be one of those resource intensive things he would need a dedicated server for, most likely.

Abec, would you possibly consider hosting a backup for me? About 5GB of data I'd like to have at a non-local location, no monthly transfer, only upload on occasion.
CJ is offline  
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 05:03 AM Thread Starter
\(_o)/
 
AbecX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Las Colinas
Posts: 25,373
I'm working on building another server as well soon that will have 4TB of space, I have 2 remote locations available, my server, and a local server here on a uverse connection.

As for a game server, it depends on what you want. Alot of them are fairly low on resource requirements.

AbecX is offline  
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 02:56 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke
 
8mpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: id rather be cummin than strokin
Posts: 19,068
Im with CJ.. Id like to backup to an online site just for peace of mind. Dont want to lose all my photos for the last 8 years. Would need more than 5gb though.

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
8mpg is offline  
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
\(_o)/
 
AbecX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Las Colinas
Posts: 25,373
The new box I'm putting together has far more redundancy and space than my current box. When I have it up I'll update my services in this post.

AbecX is offline  
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 11:43 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 993
I'm interested in getting a website to showoff/sell some of my CNC'd parts and services. Is this something you could help with?

4.0x3.48 is offline  
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 08:50 AM
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbecX View Post
Tell me how much! I'm not a hater, I just wasn't able to find the info and I went out of my way to do it. How much do posts cost ^_^
You better enjoy this why it lasts. I think Chris charges like $100/mo. for advertising rights + banner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 09:15 AM
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mpg View Post
Im with CJ.. Id like to backup to an online site just for peace of mind. Dont want to lose all my photos for the last 8 years. Would need more than 5gb though.
Or walk into Fry's and spend like $15 on a 8 GB Thumbnail USB Drive. Or walk into Best Buy and spend $60 and get a Seagate 500GB external USB HD.

I wrote a simple batch file for my laptop. Any time I add something new to the laptop like work files, photos, music, installers, etc...I just click on the batch file and it copies all new files/folders over the home wifi network to a external Seagate USB drive that is set up as a shared drive on my desktop. And I just mapped it and used the net use command in the batch to make the batch file access the network drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 09:15 AM
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
And on my hosted websites with HostGator. I just run a .php based Cron Job in CPanel to auto back up my entire account on Linux CentOS in the form of a .tar.gz file and it auto forwards to a different secured server. Unlimited Bandwidth, Unlimited Disk Space, Shared SSL, Unlimited sub domains, Unlimited e-mail accounts, Unlimted SQL databases, Unlimited FTP accounts, 250,000 Inodes, Awstats, 24/7 tech support, etc.. $8.95/mo.

If you can beat that with your new service, let me know. I'm always looking for a cheaper alternative. And a guaranteed 99%+ up time or and have the account discounted if up time guarantee is not met.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.

Last edited by Mustangman_2000; 06-20-2010 at 09:21 AM.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 01:15 PM
fuckcanada
 
Roliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: fuckcanada
Posts: 5,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
And on my hosted websites with HostGator. I just run a .php based Cron Job in CPanel to auto back up my entire account on Linux CentOS in the form of a .tar.gz file and it auto forwards to a different secured server. Unlimited Bandwidth, Unlimited Disk Space, Shared SSL, Unlimited sub domains, Unlimited e-mail accounts, Unlimted SQL databases, Unlimited FTP accounts, 250,000 Inodes, Awstats, 24/7 tech support, etc.. $8.95/mo.

If you can beat that with your new service, let me know. I'm always looking for a cheaper alternative. And a guaranteed 99%+ up time or and have the account discounted if up time guarantee is not met.
I know hostgator hosts the majority of their servers at the planet, and I can garuantee you that its not unlimited. They say it is, but it isn't. They also hosts 1000's of customers on a farm of 840's (that's what we provisioned primarily for them when i worked there). 99% uptime pretty much means you'll get paid (albeit not alot) if they go down. I used to be dedicated support for them at the planet, so I had to deal with alot of the HG guys.
I've seen many cases where their customers start to abuse the unlimited nature of their account and they get shut down or suspended.

Roliath is offline  
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 06:18 PM
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath View Post
I know hostgator hosts the majority of their servers at the planet, and I can garuantee you that its not unlimited. They say it is, but it isn't. They also hosts 1000's of customers on a farm of 840's (that's what we provisioned primarily for them when i worked there). 99% uptime pretty much means you'll get paid (albeit not alot) if they go down. I used to be dedicated support for them at the planet, so I had to deal with alot of the HG guys.
I've seen many cases where their customers start to abuse the unlimited nature of their account and they get shut down or suspended.
Yes, The Planet, Houston, TX is where my server resides.

They certainly claim it's unlimited in my CPanel. However, I'm also a pretty small customer. I probably only pull down roughly 8 - 10 GB bandwidth monthly.

And, yes, they will suspend your account if you abuse resources consistenly. I've known a few video streaming sites that have been suspend just because I myself got them in trouble. Logging in and see a Server Load of 25 - 30 And my site is crawling....I'll immediately contact support and they suspend the offender(s). It's always video or gaming sites that get shut down. I've never been suspended and when I rebuild my thumbnail cache it'll use 40% CPU resources on my server for a good 10 minutes. I haven't been suspended yet. Outside of that, I'm always using less than 5% CPU resources on average. And never get anywhere near my RAM usage cap. However, they've been pretty cool with me. vBulletin is coded in such a way where it makes a lot of db queries. And they white-listed me because some of my necessary queries on my main forum index take a bit to process during high server loads. They extended me a courtesy for being a long time customer. My previous host was HostNine. And they were a total nightmare. Totally inept customer service with about a 85% up time. My up time monitor showed me at 99.1% last month on HostGator. That's what is most important to me as a customer.

Also, I'm not trying to take anything away from AbecX's thread here. I was just talking about my package. I think this field is cool and potentially profitable. I've considered being a reseller down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 06:46 AM
duh...duh....duh
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ES BEER
Posts: 9,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
Also, I'm not trying to take anything away from AbecX's thread here. I was just talking about my package. I think this field is cool and potentially profitable. I've considered being a reseller down the road.
It's saturated and competitive.

My '03 Sold.
ceyko is offline  
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 05:18 AM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: london
Posts: 4
This link is not working. I use Namecheap hosting company over 6 years and i am satisfied with its mind blowing performance. It gives 100% uptime and cost effective prices than others.
sabiraslam is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome