Is there an app to... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 02:10 AM Thread Starter
Ide fuck her in the ass..

Is there an app to...

speed up the opening of applications... i swear when i get a text and i hit messages to get to my text, it can take a full 20 seconds before it opens up my messages... what could cause this? phone is jailbroken if that matters...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 04:03 AM

right there with you, the lag on opening messages on my iphone is getting ridiculous
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 08:40 AM
How you doin'

which iphone do you have? i have the 3gs, and my messages and apps open very quickly. i also use bitesms for all text messages...i don't even open the "messages" app anymore. if your trial is up, it's ~$8.00 or so for a lifetime subscription. if all else fails, you may want to save all of your apps, clean the phone off completely, then re-install the firmware and apps (and jailbreak) again. maybe that will clean everything up for you. also, try downloading "sbsettings" from cydia, icy, or rock and check the "processes" button to see what you're running. after you download sbsettings, just go to the homescreen and slide your finger across the very top of the screen and the sbsettings menu will drop down and the "processes" button looks like a skull and cross-bones. you can kill all processes that are running that you don't need from there. also, it will tell you how much memory is being used and how much you have available, which will clue you into what processes you need to kill.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 09:50 AM
is chilaxing

Only other thing I can think of is if your box has a shit load of messages. I clean out my inbox about every other month or so. Then again, I don't text very much. I think you text like a crazy mofo(hahaha), I would clean out your inbox and try that.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 09:54 AM
Lifer

hold down power and home button and reset your phone until it shuts off, you wont lose anything, you probably are using alot of ram and this will restart it all.

Cowboys to the Super Bowl!!!!!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 10:09 AM
How you doin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
Only other thing I can think of is if your box has a shit load of messages. I clean out my inbox about every other month or so. Then again, I don't text very much. I think you text like a crazy mofo(hahaha), I would clean out your inbox and try that.
i never delete text messages, so i have quite a few...every single one that has been sent and received since i got the phone in october in fact, so i don't think that's the issue. i don't know for sure, though.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Time Served

3GS is much faster than 3g and original iphone.

I have a 3gs and my wife has a 3g, her phone feels painfully slow now.

'01 Bullitt #0054
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 12:48 PM
How you doin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt54 View Post
3GS is much faster than 3g and original iphone.

I have a 3gs and my wife has a 3g, her phone feels painfully slow now.
my wife had a 16gb 3g for over a year and she upgraded a couple of months ago to the 32gb 3gs (same thing i have) just for the additional storage for music, but i really didn't see much of an increase in speed. on the other hand, i have a friend with a 16gb 3g that is painfully slow, so i guess that she just didn't have a bunch of stuff bogging it down like he does. hers was jailbroken and she was always switching between different themes, so i expected it to be much slower than it was as well. when i first got my 3gs, i got hers and opened the same apps on both phones to see if mine would open faster, and they seemed to be pretty close.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Ide fuck her in the ass..

I have the 3g, and I delete my texts daily... I do have a subscription to bite, which is awesome... but I still open messages to get to different messages at times and it's just horrible... and it's not just messages, iPod, all my folders, everything is fucking slow...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement