Tv question... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Tv question...

If I was playing on a 720 60htz LCD, would that cause my ps3 to look like it was lagging while playing?

306 w/ two little bitty turbos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 10:51 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Sorry, I miss read your post. I think the 60 hz may cause some blur in the picture. I got a 42" LCD for a Christmas/House warming gift from my family. After some shopping, I decided to get the 120hz because the blur during fast action scenes. If you are seeing a lag, it may have nothing to do with the refresh rate of the tv. Hope this help.

Last edited by 4.0x3.48; 12-30-2009 at 10:58 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0x3.48 View Post
Sorry, I miss read your post. I think the 60 hz may cause some blur in the picture. I got a 42" LCD for a Christmas/House warming gift from my family. After some shopping, I decided to get the 120hz because the blur during fast action scenes. If you are seeing a lag, it may have nothing to do with the refresh rate of the tv. Hope this help.
I pretty sure thats what it is... Yeah, mine was a gift from my mother-in-law and I wish I would have just paid to up grade myself...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 01:15 PM

There is no game on any console that is faster than 60hz. While it may be the tv that's causing the lag it is not because it is a 60hz television.

It will help reduce the lag if you set the output resolution on the ps3 the same as the native resolution of the tv so that it doesnt have to do upscaling, so make sure that the game is being played at 720p (i'm sure it probably already is). If there is motion blur it is because the tv has a poor response rate (the speed that the pixels change colors).

What brand is the televsion? I'm expecting to hear something like Emerson, Vizio, Westinghouse or some other lower tier brand. I would stick to larger names like Sony, Panasonic, or Samsung.

Also, I assume you are using HDMI or component.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkalchthaler View Post
There is no game on any console that is faster than 60hz. While it may be the tv that's causing the lag it is not because it is a 60hz television.

It will help reduce the lag if you set the output resolution on the ps3 the same as the native resolution of the tv so that it doesnt have to do upscaling, so make sure that the game is being played at 720p (i'm sure it probably already is). If there is motion blur it is because the tv has a poor response rate (the speed that the pixels change colors).

What brand is the televsion? I'm expecting to hear something like Emerson, Vizio, Westinghouse or some other lower tier brand. I would stick to larger names like Sony, Panasonic, or Samsung.

Also, I assume you are using HDMI or component.
Its a Sony Bravia 32" LCD, I will look into the resolution coming out of the ps3. It may be that I just started to suck at MW2 and Im making excuses for my kill/death ration coming down... thanks for the advise...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement