I think i just ruined my wifes iphone 3GS - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
A+
would read again

I think i just ruined my wifes iphone 3GS

i was gonna JB it for her using purplera1n that i DL'd a while back but when it got into recovery mode, i dont think the purplrain worked. so now the phone is stuck on recovery mode. im gonna take it to att tomorrow. any suggestions?

***TrueStreet cars run A/C***
"I JUST WANT TO BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM," -kanye west

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Does it make me gay if I stick my finger in another mans ass on a daily basis?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 01:10 AM
11-05-09

You have to run a restore through iTunes. You can JB it easiest using blackra1n.

Edit: It's a bitch with the 3gs. You have to run blackra1n everytime you reboot the iphone.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
A+
would read again

turns out we had old versions of iTunes. The phone is fully restored now but it took her WAY back........yeah, shes pissed. Scared the shit out of me. I thought i bricked it. FYI, i dont think purplerain works.

"I JUST WANT TO BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM," -kanye west

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 10:03 AM
How you doin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
You have to run a restore through iTunes. You can JB it easiest using blackra1n.

Edit: It's a bitch with the 3gs. You have to run blackra1n everytime you reboot the iphone.
that's not true. the "tethered jailbreak" is on the newer version of the itouch, not any version of the iphone. once you jailbreak the iphone with blackra1n, you don't need blackra1n anymore.

A+, if you run into a situation like this again, try holding the "home" and the "power" buttons at the same time until it restarts. a lot of times, that will clear out the "recovery mode" situation. are you running blackra1n or purplerain to jailbreak? honestly, i haven't even tried the purplerain jailbreak, but the blackra1n jailbreak is as simple as it gets...and it doesn't matter what version of itunes that you have, because the jailbreak doesn't use itunes. (blackra1n)
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Sonic Blue :O

Bro your supposed to use blackra1n for 3gs

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
A+
would read again

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANGGT40 View Post
that's not true. the "tethered jailbreak" is on the newer version of the itouch, not any version of the iphone. once you jailbreak the iphone with blackra1n, you don't need blackra1n anymore.

A+, if you run into a situation like this again, try holding the "home" and the "power" buttons at the same time until it restarts. a lot of times, that will clear out the "recovery mode" situation. are you running blackra1n or purplerain to jailbreak? honestly, i haven't even tried the purplerain jailbreak, but the blackra1n jailbreak is as simple as it gets...and it doesn't matter what version of itunes that you have, because the jailbreak doesn't use itunes. (blackra1n)
i did do a soft reset but it didnt work. when it would power on, the usb screen would come back up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
Bro your supposed to use blackra1n for 3gs
then wtf was purplrain for? i dl'd it a while back cause i thought that was the one? After i updated my itunes, it let me fully restore her phone but under my name. i know it lost alot of her info. but at least i got her phone back. I got rid of my iPhone in Oct. and completely forgot about how the whole thing works.

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:

Last edited by A+; 12-29-2009 at 05:56 PM.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 06:43 PM
Sonic Blue :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by A+ View Post
i did do a soft reset but it didnt work. when it would power on, the usb screen would come back up.

then wtf was purplrain for? i dl'd it a while back cause i thought that was the one? After i updated my itunes, it let me fully restore her phone but under my name. i know it lost alot of her info. but at least i got her phone back. I got rid of my iPhone in Oct. and completely forgot about how the whole thing works.
purplera1n was for the 3g blackra1n is for the 3gs

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 06:46 PM
11-05-09

Quote:

That's odd. I used Blackra1n for my buddies 3gs, and whenever it rebooted after the jailbreak, it would go into recovery mode. I had to run blackra1n every time afterwards to recover it. If the phone is never rebooted, then it won't need blackra1n.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
A+
would read again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
purplera1n was for the 3g blackra1n is for the 3gs
hmm...see, when i first JB my 3g, i used redsn0w. Im done messing with her phone but do you have a link for blackrain?

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 09:38 PM
11-05-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by A+ View Post
hmm...see, when i first JB my 3g, i used redsn0w. Im done messing with her phone but do you have a link for blackrain?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=blackra1n

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 09:41 PM
DERP DERP DERP

Try greensn0w, works well. Or p1nkd1rt.

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 10:01 PM
Texas Rangers #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GT50 View Post
Try greensn0w, works well. Or p1nkd1rt.
What about 0rang3mud or y3ll0wdust?

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 10:14 PM
DERP DERP DERP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_Stang View Post
What about 0rang3mud or y3ll0wdust?
Also great for iphone warranty voiding.

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
A+
would read again

Quote:
i was gonna do that but wanted a link you guys used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GT50 View Post
Also great for iphone warranty voiding.
whats a warranty?
i used s1lvrp0wdr btw.....its teh easiest.

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 10:46 AM
How you doin'

Quote:
That's odd. I used Blackra1n for my buddies 3gs, and whenever it rebooted after the jailbreak, it would go into recovery mode. I had to run blackra1n every time afterwards to recover it. If the phone is never rebooted, then it won't need blackra1n.
Something is up. The only device that requires a tethered jailbreak via blackrain is the 3rd gen iPod touch. My wife and I both have 3gs iPhones as well as several friends and they're all currently jailbroken on 3.1.2 via blackrain and none have the issue that your friend is having. Without seeing it, I would suggest that your friend download the 3.1.2 firmware and restore to it via iTunes, then jailbreak again and put all of his apps back on.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 10:55 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Something is up. The only device that requires a tethered jailbreak via blackrain is the 3rd gen iPod touch. My wife and I both have 3gs iPhones as well as several friends and they're all currently jailbroken on 3.1.2 via blackrain and none have the issue that your friend is having. Without seeing it, I would suggest that your friend download the 3.1.2 firmware and restore to it via iTunes, then jailbreak again and put all of his apps back on.
iirc apple changed the bootrom about 5 months after the 3gs came out. these phones with the new bootrom can only do a tethered jailbreak.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 11:13 AM
Lifer

I'll get an Iphone when Apple quits playing this game of locking up the phone that YOU OWN!!! I'll stick with my Nokia E75 thank you.

FUCK Canada
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 12:22 PM
How you doin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by dville_gt View Post
iirc apple changed the bootrom about 5 months after the 3gs came out. these phones with the new bootrom can only do a tethered jailbreak.
i appreciate the info...that's good to know. i've restarted mine several times since i've upgraded to the new 3.1.2 firmware, and it seems to be working fine and i haven't had to re-jailbreak it. i guess that this new bootrom is not in the new firmware? i got mine in october and my wife got hers in november, so i guess that we both got the ones before this new bootrom was installed...
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Adrenaline is my ABS.

damn I think I have the new bootrom on my new iphone

anyway around it? every time I restart my phone I have to boot with the program...

1985 Mustang GT "MNM"
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 07:22 PM
11-05-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Osh10 View Post
damn I think I have the new bootrom on my new iphone

anyway around it? every time I restart my phone I have to boot with the program...

Not as of yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement