Mw2 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Mw2

Any tips for a first timer? Got this game for Christmas.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 10:57 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

I just got it too for the PC. My advice, run around like a maniac and shoot everything you see. If you dont like getting killed a lot, don't take my advice.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 11:41 PM
Formerly 5.0Vert

While you're getting used to the game I'd play team deathmatch, use the famas or any assault rifle you can find, if you can get kills with the famas(3 rnd burst) then you'll do great, also until you get good.... don't go running around, it'll get you killed. And learn the maps as best you can as quick as you can. What system you playin it on?

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 12:22 AM
Time Served

Don't really have any tips, but as far as guns, I use the iron sighted and silenced SCAR. Not sure when the Scavenger perk 1 is available, but it helps since the SCAR runs out of bullets fast. Stopping Power on perk 2 and Ninja for perk 3.

They all won't be available from the start, but you'll get them soon. Good luck and have fun.

Last edited by bigmuskie; 12-26-2009 at 12:30 AM.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 12:29 AM
Time Served

Also, the game Sabotage adds alot of points to your score, which in turn will help you rank up faster. Don't rush to the bomb, just camp on it and rack up the kills.

Forgot, I do have a tip. Don't stand on the smoke canister after calling in an air drop. The crate falling from the sky will kill you and has been known to take a couple of bounces in your direction and killing you aswell. I know from experience.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 01:08 AM
Formerly 5.0Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmuskie View Post
Also, the game Sabotage adds alot of points to your score, which in turn will help you rank up faster. Don't rush to the bomb, just camp on it and rack up the kills.

Forgot, I do have a tip. Don't stand on the smoke canister after calling in an air drop. The crate falling from the sky will kill you and has been known to take a couple of bounces in your direction and killing you aswell. I know from experience.
for game types you get a lot of points for demolition and headquarters.

3 nukes so far tonight, 2 were back to back.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 07:36 AM
Lifer

Be prepared for days of frustration as you level up. Luckily MW2 has some cool features like copycat so if your getting your ass handed to you, you can get teh same guns as the higher level guys kicking your ass.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 03:46 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
Any tips for a first timer? Got this game for Christmas.
If you're a first timer, play through the campaign first. It teaches you all the controls, primary weapons, secondary weapons, equipment, etc.

If you go online without knowing much you're gonna get fucked in the ass pretty hard and that's not fun.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm over it!

Yeah don't play it...apparently you will get addicited.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 05:13 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Best tips I can offer are ;

Learn the maps the best you can. Start your own private match and lock everyone else out. Run around the maps to learn the layouts.

Start with Free-For-All at first for multiplayer games. There is only 8 players per game allowed. So it's less people to deal with, but will give you an idea how the maps are played while learning. Pay attention high traffic areas. Always good for a few kills.

Watch kill cams for where the campers sit in the corners hiding to learn where the camp spots are at.

Stay moving. Staying in one place (camping) doesn't work very well in this game. It's very high paced, the people who have been playing it awhile already know the places to look. So don't bother trying to be slick camping in one spot, it doesn't work. The people who do camp alot, tend not to rack up as many point (which is point of the game and not kill count depending what game you are playing).

If you want to work on your sniping skills, try Ground War on big maps. You will still die alot, but it will give you alot more targets to shoot at so you don't have to grind it out forever.

Use your knife and use it often! It wil save your ass on many occasions.

Lastly, get used to dying - alot. No way to really avoid it until you have time to get better at it. Even then, you will have days it seems like you can't buy a kill to save your life.

Good luck!

If you are playing on Xbox Live, send me a friend invite and I will help you out.

tag: JKDsteve

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 06:06 PM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

if you dont care about your kill/death ratio, run about like a chicken with your head cut off and be quick on the trigger, i average 15-20 kills a match but also die about 15-20 times... headquarters for score, and dont prestige up, it sucks having to start all over with crappy weapons... im level 70 and been there for weeks and doubt i will ever prestige, one day ill just cheat anf prestige to 10... which console you on? if ps3 hit me up crooked_i_killa...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 10:56 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez View Post
if you dont care about your kill/death ratio, run about like a chicken with your head cut off and be quick on the trigger, i average 15-20 kills a match but also die about 15-20 times... headquarters for score, and dont prestige up, it sucks having to start all over with crappy weapons... im level 70 and been there for weeks and doubt i will ever prestige, one day ill just cheat anf prestige to 10... which console you on? if ps3 hit me up crooked_i_killa...
Anyone else play it on ps3 online if so look me up l98sohc281

98sohc281 w/an 03 motor swap with hitech stage 2 cams,jlt intake,c and l upper, longtube headers,o/r x-pipe with cat back,4:10 gears and a 3k stall w/a lil spray
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 10:59 AM
Resident Epicurean

Geof, if you're on ps3, send me a friend request. Same name as on here.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 05:44 PM
Lifer

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Geof, if you're on ps3, send me a friend request. Same name as on here.
I'll add you, fred and that other dude the next time I fire it up -- probably tomorrow sometime. Mine is my name on here are well, but with a shitload of E's in it.

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 10:03 PM
Now in the ATX!!

Iam buy mine tomorrow if game stop is open. Been playing a lot of cod4 mw1

LZRREDGT FOR PS3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement