Xbox 360 users - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard
 
MotoMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: back in the gym.
Posts: 9,936
Xbox 360 users

I'm getting a Xbox 360 and I'm looking at the different bundles and such out there but my big question is how much do you actually need the hard drive? Is it really necessary to have a 60 or 120Gb hard drive for normal game play? Or is the normal built in memory enough?

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
MotoMan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 12:35 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 424
At the very least, I would get a 60. When you have a game you would like to play online multiplayer alot, save it to your hard drive. I was told the disc doesn't spin all the time while playing.
bigmuskie is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 08:23 PM
老师
 
Neiladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: OKC
Posts: 12,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmuskie View Post
At the very least, I would get a 60. When you have a game you would like to play online multiplayer alot, save it to your hard drive. I was told the disc doesn't spin all the time while playing.
That shit hardly justifies taking up 4+ gigs of hard drive space.

You need the harddrive for demos, music, it's handy for game saves, and you need it for downloadable content for multiplayer games like map packs and shit like that. I would never buy one without the hard drive.
Neiladin is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Saginaw
Posts: 609
I got an Elite but I play aolot online and download movies and such and its worth it..

6.87 @100.08MPH in the 1/8
Getting quicker everytime.
85Stanger is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 09:27 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
I've got a 40g and hardly put a dent in it. But I don't watch or DL movies on it at all. Just online gaming like MW2 and Creed II.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Formerly 5.0Vert
 
Tangstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 9,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan View Post
I'm getting a Xbox 360 and I'm looking at the different bundles and such out there but my big question is how much do you actually need the hard drive? Is it really necessary to have a 60 or 120Gb hard drive for normal game play? Or is the normal built in memory enough?
There is no built in memory for game saves etc. I have a 20 GB and only have 100 MB left. Get at least a 60 gig. Btw, I don't watch/download movies on mine, this is all saved games and downloaded content for the games.
Tangstang is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 11:02 PM
Lifer
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: longview, tx
Posts: 2,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangstang View Post
There is no built in memory for game saves etc. I have a 20 GB and only have 100 MB left. Get at least a 60 gig. Btw, I don't watch/download movies on mine, this is all saved games and downloaded content for the games.
thats not entirely true. the one i got has no hard drive and you have a very tiny amount you can save game info too thats built in... of course its only like 200mb but its there on mine... buying a hard drive this week

Shaun is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 11:11 PM
Formerly 5.0Vert
 
Tangstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 9,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgaijin View Post
thats not entirely true. the one i got has no hard drive and you have a very tiny amount you can save game info too thats built in... of course its only like 200mb but its there on mine... buying a hard drive this week
200 mb? I can't think of a single game other than halo2 where that would've "gotten me by". That's not even a 360 game either.
Tangstang is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 11:16 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET
 
HOOCBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DFW MUSTANGS . NET
Posts: 3,771
I would get the biggest hard drive I could. After 2 years, my 360's DVD drive is crapping out and causes some games to lock up. If I want to make it through a session without locking up, I have to save it to and run it from the hard drive. yeah, it still requires the disc to start the game, but load times are faster and it really saves the wear and tear on the drive. I am still running the 20 GB hdd that came with mine. So, if anyone knows where to get an inexpensive 120 GB unit, please let me know.

HOOCBB is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 11:32 PM
Lifer
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: longview, tx
Posts: 2,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangstang View Post
200 mb? I can't think of a single game other than halo2 where that would've "gotten me by". That's not even a 360 game either.
just correcting the "no built in memory" thing because its technically incorrect...and it pretty much just saves my info for tiger and mw2 at the moment ... but of course its getting smaller and smaller which is why i'm picking up a hard drive

Shaun is offline  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 11:47 PM
Young Mustang Owner
 
ldecharmoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: McKinney
Posts: 3,113
any Hard drive, xbox 360 elite cd drive, upgrade the fan and you got a good xbox imo

2011 Ford Mustang V6 *DD* ([email protected])
1992 Ford Mustang Gt *Project* ([email protected])
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2847379

DO WHAT YOU LOVE, BUT LOVE WHAT YOU DO
ldecharmoy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome