Xbox 360 users - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

Xbox 360 users

I'm getting a Xbox 360 and I'm looking at the different bundles and such out there but my big question is how much do you actually need the hard drive? Is it really necessary to have a 60 or 120Gb hard drive for normal game play? Or is the normal built in memory enough?

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 12:35 AM
Time Served

At the very least, I would get a 60. When you have a game you would like to play online multiplayer alot, save it to your hard drive. I was told the disc doesn't spin all the time while playing.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 08:23 PM
老师

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmuskie View Post
At the very least, I would get a 60. When you have a game you would like to play online multiplayer alot, save it to your hard drive. I was told the disc doesn't spin all the time while playing.
That shit hardly justifies taking up 4+ gigs of hard drive space.

You need the harddrive for demos, music, it's handy for game saves, and you need it for downloadable content for multiplayer games like map packs and shit like that. I would never buy one without the hard drive.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Time Served

I got an Elite but I play aolot online and download movies and such and its worth it..

6.87 @100.08MPH in the 1/8
Getting quicker everytime.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 09:27 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
I've got a 40g and hardly put a dent in it. But I don't watch or DL movies on it at all. Just online gaming like MW2 and Creed II.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Formerly 5.0Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan View Post
I'm getting a Xbox 360 and I'm looking at the different bundles and such out there but my big question is how much do you actually need the hard drive? Is it really necessary to have a 60 or 120Gb hard drive for normal game play? Or is the normal built in memory enough?
There is no built in memory for game saves etc. I have a 20 GB and only have 100 MB left. Get at least a 60 gig. Btw, I don't watch/download movies on mine, this is all saved games and downloaded content for the games.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 11:02 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangstang View Post
There is no built in memory for game saves etc. I have a 20 GB and only have 100 MB left. Get at least a 60 gig. Btw, I don't watch/download movies on mine, this is all saved games and downloaded content for the games.
thats not entirely true. the one i got has no hard drive and you have a very tiny amount you can save game info too thats built in... of course its only like 200mb but its there on mine... buying a hard drive this week

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 11:11 PM
Formerly 5.0Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgaijin View Post
thats not entirely true. the one i got has no hard drive and you have a very tiny amount you can save game info too thats built in... of course its only like 200mb but its there on mine... buying a hard drive this week
200 mb? I can't think of a single game other than halo2 where that would've "gotten me by". That's not even a 360 game either.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 11:16 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

I would get the biggest hard drive I could. After 2 years, my 360's DVD drive is crapping out and causes some games to lock up. If I want to make it through a session without locking up, I have to save it to and run it from the hard drive. yeah, it still requires the disc to start the game, but load times are faster and it really saves the wear and tear on the drive. I am still running the 20 GB hdd that came with mine. So, if anyone knows where to get an inexpensive 120 GB unit, please let me know.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 11:32 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangstang View Post
200 mb? I can't think of a single game other than halo2 where that would've "gotten me by". That's not even a 360 game either.
just correcting the "no built in memory" thing because its technically incorrect...and it pretty much just saves my info for tiger and mw2 at the moment ... but of course its getting smaller and smaller which is why i'm picking up a hard drive

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 11:47 PM
Young Mustang Owner

any Hard drive, xbox 360 elite cd drive, upgrade the fan and you got a good xbox imo

2011 Ford Mustang V6 *DD* ([email protected])
1992 Ford Mustang Gt *Project* ([email protected])
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2847379

DO WHAT YOU LOVE, BUT LOVE WHAT YOU DO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement