What is your "windows experience" score? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
you stinky bitch
 
inline 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: go fuck yourself
Posts: 3,728
What is your "windows experience" score?

here is my breakdown.....


Best something in Texas.... just don't know what it is yet....

Last edited by inline 6; 11-24-2010 at 02:58 PM.
inline 6 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 11:34 PM
Taliban can SUCK IT!
 
Whitesmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Plano
Posts: 3,145
mine is a measly 5.9



Whitesmoke is offline  
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 11:51 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET
 
HOOCBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DFW MUSTANGS . NET
Posts: 3,771


<--Still using XP at home

At the office is like mid 5s.

HOOCBB is offline  
 
post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 12:01 AM
KJ94GT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mine is a 6.6 avg and the wife's is a 7.6

Last edited by KJ94GT; 12-08-2009 at 02:51 AM.
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 12:09 AM
El Camino
 
Stang2be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: in front of the keyboard
Posts: 3,432
why not post specs too?

2007 Taurus SEL - daily driver
1974 El Camino SS - 400sb

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrrfectstang
Umm.. what is the ID-10T settings?
Stang2be is offline  
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 12:31 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,915
Wow, I thought my PC kicked ass. You bunch of braggers!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	95780
Spec5alive is offline  
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 12:37 AM
Pilgrim
 
Phillystang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,086
3.4
Phillystang is offline  
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 02:14 AM
Taliban can SUCK IT!
 
Whitesmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Plano
Posts: 3,145
Here is my current set up

Component Details Subscore Base score
Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 940 Processor 5.9 5.9
Determined by lowest subscore

Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB 5.9
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 5.9
Gaming graphics 2559 MB Total available graphics memory 5.9
Primary hard disk 302GB Free (466GB Total) 5.9
Windows Vista (TM) Ultimate

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer System manufacturer
Model System Product Name
Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
System type 32-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4
64-bit capable Yes

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 466 GB
Disk partition ( C: ) 302 GB Free (466 GB Total)
Media drive ( D: ) CD/DVD
Media drive ( E: ) CD/DVDCD/DVD

Graphics
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
Total available graphics memory 2559 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 1535 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.16.11.9107
Primary monitor resolution 1920x1080
DirectX version DirectX 10

Network
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Network Adapter Realtek RTL8187B Wireless 802.11b/g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter
Network Adapter Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter
Network Adapter NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet



Whitesmoke is offline  
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 02:27 AM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
lulz, my graphics card might be bringing me down a little...

More details about my computer


Component Details Subscore Base score
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9650 @ 3.00GHz 7.3
Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB 7.3
Graphics RADEON X600 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) 2.6
Gaming graphics 2939 MB Total available graphics memory 3.4
Primary hard disk 66GB Free (100GB Total) 5.9
Windows 7 Professional

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer System manufacturer
Model System Product Name
Total amount of system memory 8.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 1546 GB
Disk partition (C 66 GB Free (100 GB Total)
Disk partition (D 693 MB Free (15 GB Total)
Disk partition (E 420 GB Free (451 GB Total)
Disk partition (F 99 GB Free (832 GB Total)
Disk partition (G 149 GB Free (149 GB Total)
Media drive (H CD/DVD

Graphics
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Display adapter type RADEON X600 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)
Total available graphics memory 2939 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 128 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 2811 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.56.1.15
Primary monitor resolution 1600x1200
DirectX version DirectX 9.0 or better

Network
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 04:32 PM
Licking the windows!
 
MireFire 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: In the tall grass with Snake Doctor
Posts: 3,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillystang View Post
3.4
x2

"Friends" help you move......."Real Friends" help you move bodies!

GIFSoup
MireFire 2.0 is offline  
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 12:15 AM
R.E.N.G.
 
Turd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: E = MC Vagina
Posts: 2,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by inline 6 View Post
here is my breakdown.....


what HD are you using to achieve that throughput, I assume SSD but which manuf/model

1990 Ford Ranger - SOLD
1988 American Eagle Twin Prop - rode in
1984 Chevy Suburban - Mom's car
1989 Chevy S10 - SOLD
1985 Three Wheeler - flipped over
1996 Ford Ranger - SOLD
1985 Limo - Rode In Once
1975 BMW - Rode in a few times
2000 Ford Mustang - Totalled
1999 Ford F150 - SOLD
2007 BMW 750 'PAID' plates - passed on road
2005 Dodge Ram - Burning Gas for someone else
2008 Honda Accord - Slow as Fugg

fight sig abuse-nobody cares about your old cars
Turd is offline  
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 08:02 AM
老师
 
Neiladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: OKC
Posts: 12,120
My laptop is a solid 6, held back by the hard drive.
Neiladin is offline  
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
you stinky bitch
 
inline 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: go fuck yourself
Posts: 3,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd View Post
what HD are you using to achieve that throughput, I assume SSD but which manuf/model
Here it is, The intel x25 SSD

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820167016

Best something in Texas.... just don't know what it is yet....
inline 6 is offline  
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 10:33 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: At the Dexter Lake Club
Posts: 12,422
5.9

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
BP is offline  
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 11:35 AM
WTF is Zed?
 
UserX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: www.dfwmustangs.net
Posts: 10,374
4.7 for me. Not bad for a $300 laptop

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer Dell Inc.
Model Inspiron 1520
Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
System type 32-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 2
64-bit capable Yes

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 74 GB
Disk partition (C 38 GB Free (74 GB Total)
Media drive (D CD/DVD

Graphics
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
Total available graphics memory 1791 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 256 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 1535 MB
Display adapter driver version 7.15.11.7597
Primary monitor resolution 1280x800
DirectX version DirectX 10

Network
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Network Adapter Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card

Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The gaming graphics score is based on the primary graphics adapter. If this system has linked or multiple graphics adapters, some software applications may see additional performance benefits.
Caution: Based on the results of the WinSAT Disk assessment, your system drive may have slower response times under some workloads. Performance results will depend on the specific applications used and the amount of memory available. If your experience is satisfactory, no action is needed.
UserX is offline  
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 02:12 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS
 
Geor!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HERE WE GO!!!
Posts: 18,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
lulz, my graphics card might be bringing me down a little...

More details about my computer


Component Details Subscore Base score
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9650 @ 3.00GHz 7.3
Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB 7.3
Graphics RADEON X600 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) 2.6
Gaming graphics 2939 MB Total available graphics memory 3.4
Primary hard disk 66GB Free (100GB Total) 5.9
Windows 7 Professional

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer System manufacturer
Model System Product Name
Total amount of system memory 8.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 1546 GB
Disk partition (C 66 GB Free (100 GB Total)
Disk partition (D 693 MB Free (15 GB Total)
Disk partition (E 420 GB Free (451 GB Total)
Disk partition (F 99 GB Free (832 GB Total)
Disk partition (G 149 GB Free (149 GB Total)
Media drive (H CD/DVD

Graphics
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Display adapter type RADEON X600 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)
Total available graphics memory 2939 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 128 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 2811 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.56.1.15
Primary monitor resolution 1600x1200
DirectX version DirectX 9.0 or better

Network
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Partition F = Porn space. Only 99 gigs free out of 832 lol

Geor! is offline  
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 05:11 PM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
Partition F = Porn space. Only 99 gigs free out of 832 lol
Porn, (non-porn) movies, music, and (non-porn) pictures.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 05:58 PM
The Janitor
 
32VfromHell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Sacred Heart Hospital
Posts: 16,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
5.9
You wont get above a 5.9 without a Solid-State Hard Drive. From what CJ told me, it auto checks to see if you have a SSD and if you dont it just scores it 5.9
32VfromHell is offline  
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 06:34 PM
R.E.N.G.
 
Turd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: E = MC Vagina
Posts: 2,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32VfromHell View Post
You wont get above a 5.9 without a Solid-State Hard Drive. From what CJ told me, it auto checks to see if you have a SSD and if you dont it just scores it 5.9
i believe it, this is from raptor
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	exper.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	95801  

1990 Ford Ranger - SOLD
1988 American Eagle Twin Prop - rode in
1984 Chevy Suburban - Mom's car
1989 Chevy S10 - SOLD
1985 Three Wheeler - flipped over
1996 Ford Ranger - SOLD
1985 Limo - Rode In Once
1975 BMW - Rode in a few times
2000 Ford Mustang - Totalled
1999 Ford F150 - SOLD
2007 BMW 750 'PAID' plates - passed on road
2005 Dodge Ram - Burning Gas for someone else
2008 Honda Accord - Slow as Fugg

fight sig abuse-nobody cares about your old cars
Turd is offline  
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 06:38 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
you can not score over a 5.9 unless you have a solid state drive.

I score a 7.9 on all except my harddrive, which max's out at 5.9, and it's a seagate barracuda. AMD 965 black overclocked @ 3.913GHz at 1.5v and memory speeds of 1689MHz at 7-7-7-20 timings.
CJ is offline  
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Taliban can SUCK IT!
 
Whitesmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Plano
Posts: 3,145
i was wondering why my barracuda was being rated at 5.9 thats kinda gay. i my eyes a 1TB barracuda is better than an 80GB SSD. it may not access as quick as an SSD but it still does it as fast as i can keep up and stores a hell of a lot more



Whitesmoke is offline  
post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 07:37 PM
fuckcanada
 
Roliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: fuckcanada
Posts: 5,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
you can not score over a 5.9 unless you have a solid state drive.

I score a 7.9 on all except my harddrive, which max's out at 5.9, and it's a seagate barracuda. AMD 965 black overclocked @ 3.913GHz at 1.5v and memory speeds of 1689MHz at 7-7-7-20 timings.
How do you get 7.9 on your cpu? I can't get higher than a 7.7 on my Intel Core I7 running at 4.2Ghz w/HT. Everything else for me is at a 7.9.


========================
More details about my computer


Component Details Subscore Base score
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz 7.7 7.7
Determined by lowest subscore

Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB 7.9
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 7.9
Gaming graphics 3835 MB Total available graphics memory 7.9
Primary hard disk 131GB Free (224GB Total) 7.9
Windows 7 Ultimate

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer OEM
Model OEM
Total amount of system memory 6.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 2156 GB
Disk partition (C 131 GB Free (224 GB Total)
Media drive (D CD/DVD
Disk partition (E 587 GB Free (1863 GB Total)
Media drive (F CD/DVD
Disk partition (S 63 GB Free (69 GB Total)

Graphics
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285
Total available graphics memory 3835 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 2811 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.16.11.9107
Primary monitor resolution 1920x1200
DirectX version DirectX 10

Network
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The gaming graphics score is based on the primary graphics adapter. If this system has linked or multiple graphics adapters, some software applications may see additional performance benefits.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesmoke View Post
i was wondering why my barracuda was being rated at 5.9 thats kinda gay. i my eyes a 1TB barracuda is better than an 80GB SSD. it may not access as quick as an SSD but it still does it as fast as i can keep up and stores a hell of a lot more

Mechanical drives cannot touch SSD's. When you bring SSD's in the mix, its assumed that your storing most media/etc on another drive or network share. SSD's are night and day difference in access times when you compare the two.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wei.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	95807  


Last edited by Roliath; 12-06-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Roliath is offline  
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 07:40 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath View Post
How do you get 7.9 on your cpu? I can't get higher than a 7.7 on my Intel Core I7 running at 4.2Ghz w/HT. Everything else for me is at a 7.9.


========================
More details about my computer


Component Details Subscore Base score
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz 7.7 7.7
Determined by lowest subscore

Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB 7.9
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 7.9
Gaming graphics 3835 MB Total available graphics memory 7.9
Primary hard disk 131GB Free (224GB Total) 7.9
Windows 7 Ultimate

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer OEM
Model OEM
Total amount of system memory 6.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 2156 GB
Disk partition (C 131 GB Free (224 GB Total)
Media drive (D CD/DVD
Disk partition (E 587 GB Free (1863 GB Total)
Media drive (F CD/DVD
Disk partition (S 63 GB Free (69 GB Total)

Graphics
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285
Total available graphics memory 3835 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 2811 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.16.11.9107
Primary monitor resolution 1920x1200
DirectX version DirectX 10

Network
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The gaming graphics score is based on the primary graphics adapter. If this system has linked or multiple graphics adapters, some software applications may see additional performance benefits.
My i7 system scored a 7.6.. I honestly do not understand why the amd system scored higher, the i7 should be faster. I think it might be the memory bandwidth, but I'm not sure. I didn't however get scores like these until I updated my chipset drivers with the most recent amd release.
CJ is offline  
post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 07:43 PM
fuckcanada
 
Roliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: fuckcanada
Posts: 5,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
My i7 system scored a 7.6.. I honestly do not understand why the amd system scored higher, the i7 should be faster. I think it might be the memory bandwidth, but I'm not sure. I didn't however get scores like these until I updated my chipset drivers with the most recent amd release.
Whether I have 6gb installed or 12gb installed I get 7.7, with HT on and off I get a 7.7. It makes no sense, even with Turbo on which nets me 4.4Ghz (I don't run turbo btw, i'm just saying this for reference) WEI still rates it at a 7.7.

Weird

Roliath is offline  
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 01:22 AM
R.E.N.G.
 
Turd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: E = MC Vagina
Posts: 2,919
which SSD are you running Roliath?

1990 Ford Ranger - SOLD
1988 American Eagle Twin Prop - rode in
1984 Chevy Suburban - Mom's car
1989 Chevy S10 - SOLD
1985 Three Wheeler - flipped over
1996 Ford Ranger - SOLD
1985 Limo - Rode In Once
1975 BMW - Rode in a few times
2000 Ford Mustang - Totalled
1999 Ford F150 - SOLD
2007 BMW 750 'PAID' plates - passed on road
2005 Dodge Ram - Burning Gas for someone else
2008 Honda Accord - Slow as Fugg

fight sig abuse-nobody cares about your old cars
Turd is offline  
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 09:52 AM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET
 
HOOCBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DFW MUSTANGS . NET
Posts: 3,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post


<--Still using XP at home

At the office is like mid 5s.
I thought my work PC was mid 5s, but I stand corrected.

It is a 3.0.


Component Details Subscore Base score
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 4.8 3.0
Determined by lowest subscore

Memory (RAM) 1.93 GB 4.9
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE 3.2
Gaming graphics 335 MB Total available graphics memory 3.0
Primary hard disk 80GB Free (139GB Total) 5.6
Windows Vista (TM) Business

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer Dell Inc
Model Dimension E521
Total amount of system memory 1.94 GB RAM
System type 32-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 2
64-bit capable Yes

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 149 GB
Disk partition (C 80 GB Free (139 GB Total)
Disk partition (D 7 GB Free (10 GB Total)
Media drive (E CD/DVD

Graphics
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE
Total available graphics memory 335 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 64 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 271 MB
Display adapter driver version 7.15.10.9746
Primary monitor resolution 1440x900
DirectX version DirectX 9.0 or better

Network
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Network Adapter Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller
Network Adapter Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter

HOOCBB is offline  
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 11:52 AM
KJ94GT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
you can not score over a 5.9 unless you have a solid state drive.

I score a 7.9 on all except my harddrive, which max's out at 5.9, and it's a seagate barracuda. AMD 965 black overclocked @ 3.913GHz at 1.5v and memory speeds of 1689MHz at 7-7-7-20 timings.
7.9 on what RAM? I've got 6Gb of Corsair DominatorGT CMG6GX3M3A2000C7, and at it's price, I'm only pulling a 7.6 on the wife's machine with it and it's 2000Mhz at 7-8-7-20. I'm curious what you have.
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Lifer
 
FATHERFORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Katy and Waco
Posts: 1,932
I too would like to know what yall have...

I'm running abou 7.3-7.7 on everything but my hard drive, to WD's in Raid 0.

"His tricked out trans am guzzles every dime he brings home"

2004 RC SWB F150 5.4 - Saleen S/C'd 5.4 3V
1979 Pace Car - Not the usual mods
1984 Gt-350 - Trickflow'd 302
1992 Coupe - Vortech'd 393
1997 Viper GTS - H/C and Giggles

Buy my F-150 Vortech Setup! - Link
FATHERFORD is offline  
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Young Mustang Owner
 
ldecharmoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: McKinney
Posts: 3,113
is this for windows 7 or something?

2011 Ford Mustang V6 *DD* ([email protected])
1992 Ford Mustang Gt *Project* ([email protected])
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2847379

DO WHAT YOU LOVE, BUT LOVE WHAT YOU DO
ldecharmoy is offline  
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 02:00 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ94GT View Post
7.9 on what RAM? I've got 6Gb of Corsair DominatorGT CMG6GX3M3A2000C7, and at it's price, I'm only pulling a 7.6 on the wife's machine with it and it's 2000Mhz at 7-8-7-20. I'm curious what you have.
I'm running the A-DATA DDR3-2200. I'm not utilizing the potential of the memory because I can't quite swing the higher strap. Like I said, I didn't get these settings until I updated to the latest AMD chipset drivers - It might not be legit, wouldn't be the first time AMD played with some settings. A lot of people are reporting the same things after the latest chipset drivers. The dominatorGT is very fast memory, what is the system overclocked to?
CJ is offline  
post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 02:06 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET
 
HOOCBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DFW MUSTANGS . NET
Posts: 3,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldecharmoy View Post
is this for windows 7 or something?
started with Vista...just a number that rates your system's abilities.

HOOCBB is offline  
post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Young Mustang Owner
 
ldecharmoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: McKinney
Posts: 3,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
started with Vista...just a number that rates your system's abilities.
o ok, well my vista took a shit so i have xp again, i like that more

2011 Ford Mustang V6 *DD* ([email protected])
1992 Ford Mustang Gt *Project* ([email protected])
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2847379

DO WHAT YOU LOVE, BUT LOVE WHAT YOU DO
ldecharmoy is offline  
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
you stinky bitch
 
inline 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: go fuck yourself
Posts: 3,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
I'm running the A-DATA DDR3-2200. I'm not utilizing the potential of the memory because I can't quite swing the higher strap. Like I said, I didn't get these settings until I updated to the latest AMD chipset drivers - It might not be legit, wouldn't be the first time AMD played with some settings. A lot of people are reporting the same things after the latest chipset drivers. The dominatorGT is very fast memory, what is the system overclocked to?
Where can I check or update the drivers for my processor?

Best something in Texas.... just don't know what it is yet....
inline 6 is offline  
post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 06:44 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by inline 6 View Post
Where can I check or update the drivers for my processor?
it's chipset drivers, essentially how your motherboard/chipset interact with windows. If you are using an Intel based system, you usually check with the motherboard manufacturer you're using. If you have an AMD, you get them from AMD's main website.
CJ is offline  
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 02:50 AM
KJ94GT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
I'm running the A-DATA DDR3-2200. I'm not utilizing the potential of the memory because I can't quite swing the higher strap. Like I said, I didn't get these settings until I updated to the latest AMD chipset drivers - It might not be legit, wouldn't be the first time AMD played with some settings. A lot of people are reporting the same things after the latest chipset drivers. The dominatorGT is very fast memory, what is the system overclocked to?
System is not OC'd at all. These are basically default settings and the memory is unreal. But at their price, I wouldn't expect any less
Was just curious because you said you had memory speeds of 1689MHz at 7-7-7-20 timings, and at a lower bandwidth, you outperformed my 2000MHz Corsairs at 7-8-7-20 and scored higher.

Last edited by KJ94GT; 12-08-2009 at 02:59 AM.
post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 11:55 AM
fuckcanada
 
Roliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: fuckcanada
Posts: 5,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd View Post
which SSD are you running Roliath?
my specs are as follows

i7 @ 4.2ghz w/ ht no turbo 24/7
(4.4 with turbo/ht; 4.6 is bootable without ht and temps are "okay" but still on the high side)

6gb ocz gold xtc 1600 (i have a 12gb kit as well, but I don't use more than 6gb so it just sits aside as a spare)
evga x58 sli
2x evga gtx 285
three intel 80gb g1's in raid 0 (maxes out the throughput of the board, adding a fourth does nothing for reads except increase write speeds a bit)
one single 80gb intel g2 as well as a scratch drive (aka the firmware tester)

and that's really only the important stuff

Roliath is offline  
post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mesquite
Posts: 213
Get a mac

96 COBRA

bbenitez03 is offline  
post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 01:28 PM
fuckcanada
 
Roliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: fuckcanada
Posts: 5,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbenitez03 View Post
Get a mac
(got one)

Roliath is offline  
post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Formerly 5.0Vert
 
Tangstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 9,823
Component Details Subscore Base score
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz 7.1 3.4
Determined by lowest subscore

Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB 7.1
Graphics Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.0) 3.6
Gaming graphics 256 MB Total available graphics memory 3.4
Primary hard disk 537GB Free (561GB Total) 5.9
Windows 7 Ultimate

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer LENOVO
Model IDEACENTRE K23010016
Total amount of system memory 6.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 1166 GB
Disk partition (C 537 GB Free (561 GB Total)
Disk partition (D 11 GB Free (233 GB Total)
Media drive (E CD/DVD
Disk partition (J 131 GB Free (373 GB Total)

Graphics
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Display adapter type Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.0)
Total available graphics memory 256 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 0 MB
Dedicated system memory 64 MB
Shared system memory 192 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.15.10.1749
Primary monitor resolution 1024x768
DirectX version DirectX 9.0 or better

Network
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Network Adapter Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection
Network Adapter Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter



Thought my old vid card would be compatible but its not, looks like I'll have to hold off on that
Tangstang is offline  
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 11:50 PM
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
Mine HP laptop score is abysmal due to the on board shared memory video card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 04:49 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lowell Arkansas
Posts: 1,100
My score is only 5.4 why so low???

More details about my computer


Component Details Subscore Base score
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz 5.9 5.4
Determined by lowest subscore

Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB 5.5
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 5.9
Gaming graphics 3070 MB Total available graphics memory 5.4
Primary hard disk 249GB Free (582GB Total) 5.9
Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer Gateway
Model LX6810-01
Total amount of system memory 8.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 726 GB
Disk partition (C 249 GB Free (582 GB Total)
Media drive (D CD/DVD
Disk partition (I 119 GB Free (144 GB Total)

Graphics
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GT 120
Total available graphics memory 3070 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 2046 MB
Display adapter driver version 7.15.11.7824
Primary monitor resolution 1440x900
DirectX version DirectX 10

Network
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Network Adapter NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
Network Adapter Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter

bmxerbrett is offline  
post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 10:32 AM
老师
 
Neiladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: OKC
Posts: 12,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxerbrett View Post
My score is only 5.4 why so low???

More details about my computer


Component Details Subscore Base score
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz 5.9 5.4
Determined by lowest subscore

Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB 5.5
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 5.9
Gaming graphics 3070 MB Total available graphics memory 5.4
Primary hard disk 249GB Free (582GB Total) 5.9
Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer Gateway
Model LX6810-01
Total amount of system memory 8.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 726 GB
Disk partition (C 249 GB Free (582 GB Total)
Media drive (D CD/DVD
Disk partition (I 119 GB Free (144 GB Total)

Graphics
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GT 120
Total available graphics memory 3070 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 2046 MB
Display adapter driver version 7.15.11.7824
Primary monitor resolution 1440x900
DirectX version DirectX 10

Network
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Network Adapter NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
Network Adapter Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter
You need to check the individual statistics to see what's holding you back, but my first guess on why it's so low would be it's a Gateway
Neiladin is offline  
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lowell Arkansas
Posts: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiladin View Post
You need to check the individual statistics to see what's holding you back, but my first guess on why it's so low would be it's a Gateway
I'm not sure how to look up individual statistics.

lol I hear yea about it being a gateway. It used to have overheating problems. Gateway only put one fan in the computer... So I went out and bought three others just so it wont happen again. I also paid 800 for it a douche buy and it came with a monitor and printer. Not to shabby.
it an LX6810-01

bmxerbrett is offline  
post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Formerly 5.0Vert
 
Tangstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 9,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxerbrett View Post
My score is only 5.4 why so low???

More details about my computer


Component Details Subscore Base score
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz 5.9 5.4
Determined by lowest subscore

Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB 5.5
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 5.9
Gaming graphics 3070 MB Total available graphics memory 5.4
Primary hard disk 249GB Free (582GB Total) 5.9
Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer Gateway
Model LX6810-01
Total amount of system memory 8.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 726 GB
Disk partition (C 249 GB Free (582 GB Total)
Media drive (D CD/DVD
Disk partition (I 119 GB Free (144 GB Total)

Graphics
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GT 120
Total available graphics memory 3070 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 2046 MB
Display adapter driver version 7.15.11.7824
Primary monitor resolution 1440x900
DirectX version DirectX 10

Network
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Network Adapter NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
Network Adapter Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter
anyone else notice better scores with windows 7? I have the same cpu as this guy and with vista scored a lowly 5.9, with w7 its now a 7.1? This "experience" score is kinda wack lol.
Tangstang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome