getting a HTC Hero friday - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
que?

getting a HTC Hero friday

can't freaking wait to get rid of my palm centro(froze all the time). i would like to get another provider besides sprint but i pay $62(after all taxes) and i have unlimited everything, so i doubt i can get the same thing for that price anywhere else.

i would have had it last night but i have to make some changes with the plan but i had to talk to the account holder to make sure it was cool.

anyway, who here had one already? i read that the battery life and speaker sucks but that's about it. this will be my phone where i have to txt with a touchscreen, not sure how hard that is going to be...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 10:32 AM
Lifer

The phone is alright, but it still has some bugs. Right now it is a lil laggy, but with future updates it should be a cool little phone. The coolest thing over the iPhone is the widgets. They update automatically which is really neat. I had the iPhone for about a year and switched back to sprint to save alot of cash that was being wasted. It was not worth the extra 140 bucks a month when the Hero has everything the iPhone has. I have said it before, if they would make a super phone by taking the good from the goggle and good from the iphone, that would be the PHONE.

Cowboys to the Super Bowl!!!!!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Big Rooster Racing

Ive always had problems with HTC products. i even called into HTC and the support guy was like.....yea the only way to fix it is take the battery out about 5 times a day.....apparently he had the same phone and thats how he "fixed" it lol

BIG ROOSTER RACING , we aint cluckin around !
RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN ...... AND WIRING GURU

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 08:39 PM
KJ94GT

I bought a Hero and used it for 12 hrs. Returned it the next morning for a Samsung Moment.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 08:48 PM
Time Served

it takes a few days to get used to. but overall it was a cool little phone

now i have a blackberry tour (9630)
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
que?

i've had it since friday and like it so far. like all phones it will take a week or so to get really used to it but so far so good
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 10:49 PM
DERP DERP DERP

I kinda want one, but I dont want sprint.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 10:59 PM
$uper $low

i've got one and love it. Welcome to the group.
What was your previous phone?
Still working myself up to rooting it some day.
Let me know if you find any cool exclusive shit for it.

Search the marketplace for TaskKiller x. It'll be your friend.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
que?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GT50 View Post
I kinda want one, but I dont want sprint.
yea i still hate sprint but i pay $60(after taxes) for unlimited everything. can't get that for that price anywhere else...except metropcs..lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
i've got one and love it. Welcome to the group.
What was your previous phone?
Still working myself up to rooting it some day.
Let me know if you find any cool exclusive shit for it.

Search the marketplace for TaskKiller x. It'll be your friend.
i had a palm centro, i loved all the features of it but it froze all the time
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 09:17 AM
<Insert Title Here>

My wife was torn between the Hero and the Palm Pre.

The Palm Pre just has a better interface, and she hates not having a physical keyboard (although typing on the Hero wasn't that bad, but I fat finger alot)

I have the HTC Touch Pro, and other than Touch Flow 3d crashing whenever I flip through my photos, I have no qualms with HTC's products

Except the 6800/TITAN - THAT PHONE SUCKS BALLS

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 07:32 PM
emg
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by grove rat View Post
yea i still hate sprint but i pay $60(after taxes) for unlimited everything. can't get that for that price anywhere else...except metropcs..loli had a palm centro, i loved all the features of it but it froze all the time
my wife got one and now i want one. thinking about the Moment cause of the keyboard, but in the past ive hated Samsung phone. right now im with T-Mobile and have a Blackberry 8900, but after playing with the Hero, i want something with the Android OS. plus i like sprints new plans, unlimited calling to any cell phone.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
que?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emg View Post
my wife got one and now i want one. thinking about the Moment cause of the keyboard, but in the past ive hated Samsung phone. right now im with T-Mobile and have a Blackberry 8900, but after playing with the Hero, i want something with the Android OS. plus i like sprints new plans, unlimited calling to any cell phone.
the hero is a damn good phone. only thing that sucks is sprints network

when it comes to sending/receiving txt messages don't expect them to send/receive instantly or within a few seconds. i sent my buddy a txt msg and he got it like 2 days later in the middle of the night. also i can send someone a txt that is sitting right next to me and they will get it a second later...but when they send one it takes minutes, or sometimes hours till it shows up

i will be moving to a place with free rent and once i get some extra cash saved up i plan on paying the huge fees and ending my contract early with sprint and switiching to tmobile or att
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 10:13 AM
emg
Time Served

Quote:
the hero is a damn good phone. only thing that sucks is sprints network

when it comes to sending/receiving txt messages don't expect them to send/receive instantly or within a few seconds. i sent my buddy a txt msg and he got it like 2 days later in the middle of the night. also i can send someone a txt that is sitting right next to me and they will get it a second later...but when they send one it takes minutes, or sometimes hours till it shows up

i will be moving to a place with free rent and once i get some extra cash saved up i plan on paying the huge fees and ending my contract early with sprint and switiching to tmobile or att
i have tmobile now, their ok, but the phones arent the best. i use to be with at&t, you over pay with them, but they worked just about everywhere i went.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
que?

oh hell no, i tried to type in "Ivan" and fucking "Obama" came up in the predictive text window thing
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 11:51 PM
KJ94GT

Quote:
oh hell no, i tried to type in "Ivan" and fucking "Obama" came up in the predictive text window thing
LOL! Those damn HTC engineers!
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 12:24 AM
still here

Quote:
can't freaking wait to get rid of my palm centro(froze all the time). i would like to get another provider besides sprint but i pay $62(after all taxes) and i have unlimited everything, so i doubt i can get the same thing for that price anywhere else.

i would have had it last night but i have to make some changes with the plan but i had to talk to the account holder to make sure it was cool.

anyway, who here had one already? i read that the battery life and speaker sucks but that's about it. this will be my phone where i have to txt with a touchscreen, not sure how hard that is going to be...

same here, I have unlimited everything pretty much for $62 per month. got the Hero when I switched to sprint and I love it. I have a feeling my battery life woulda been fine, but I always kept pluggin it back in before it was even dead to always have it charged since I was staying out so much and didn't want it dying on me. now, I found a cheap ass battery charger plus 2 batteries on ebay and ordered them. so, I always keep an extra battery in the car in case the one I'm using dies all the way.

haven't had any probs with the phone yet

www.androidcentral.com is a cool site I frequent for stuff about phones with the Android OS.

'08 CSRT-4
'06 Yamaha FZ1
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 11:11 AM
You never go full retard

I picked up the HTC Eris from Verizon and I it's a freaking sweet phone. The only downside being it came with Droid 1.5 OS but Verizon is supposed to be putting out the 2.0 or 2.0.1 software update for it in January. I'd highly recommend getting the "Advanced App Killer", it'll save the battery life big time. I also have everything set to where it won't update unless I go into it, I don't need to know everytime someone farts or posts a msg on my FB.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement