DFW Mustang Forums banner

"No Signal" to Monitor

688 views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  That_Is_My_El_Camino 
#1 ·
I just swapped monitors to a Vision V221WD and have a Radeon X600 graphics card, connected with a DVI cable. The monitor works fine except when I turn it off (and leave the computer on) and then turn it back on, I get the "No Signal" message, and the monitor goes into standby mode. I've got Winodws 7 64-bit and downloaded and updated drivers, but it still does it.

#2 ·
Check your power settings sounds like it might be set it have the monitor turn off auto and perhaps nothing setup to turn it back on

#4 ·
Ya, I've checked that. Originally was set to turn off display after 10-15 minutes; changed that to never, but same problem.

And I'm not talking about turning it off and turning it back on a few hours later; I mean if I turn it off and try to turn it back on anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes, I get "no signal."

This is an issue with the monitor imo, because the monitor I just replaced, although the picture was fucked up, would turn off and on with no problems.

#10 ·
Liar! You're posting here, it must work fine!

#15 ·
The only reason I think it's the monitor is that the other monitor never had this problem, and I changed them out within just a few minutes (same cable, too). Other than the picture going to shit on the old monitor and this one not coming back after turning it off, everything's working fine.

#16 ·
check the monitor for a setting called "input wake" or something of that nature. Some displays have settings to not actively seek input. The second thing I would do is unplug the DVI cable from the back of your video card while the computer is running, and then plug it back in, see if the monitor lights back up, or if it remains off. Another thing I suggest you do, is open up your control panel for your video card, and select a different resolution and then tab to "apply" then go ahead and turn the monitor off, turn it back on, when it's on the "no input" dialog, hit enter on your keyboard to switch resolutions - see if the monitor responds when a new signal is sent to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.