MW2 Multiplayer: What's your favorite map? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Big "foot"

MW2 Multiplayer: What's your favorite map?

Team Deathmatch:

I will own your ass on Terminal. It's a great size for run-and-gun fun, and it doesn't matter where you spawn, there's good opportunity to kick ass wherever you are.

Honorable mention goes to Quarry and Scrapyard.

Least favorites:
Wasteland (I just seem to die on that map. Not sure what the problem is, besides low visibility and lack of cover)

How 'bout you?

Edit: handy link...
http://www.modernwarfare247.com/multiplayer/maps/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Resident Epicurean

Once I unlocked it, I've been playing Headquarters pretty much exclusively. Don't really care for deathmatch or team deathmatch. I'm more about having objectives than your typicall bullshit spray and pray (one of my biggest gripes about COD). And those goddamn bomb shields.

Oh, and I don't know all the maps yet. I do like Terminal though.
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Big "foot"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Once I unlocked it, I've been playing Headquarters pretty much exclusively. Don't really care for deathmatch or team deathmatch. I'm more about having objectives than your typicall bullshit spray and pray (one of my biggest gripes about COD). And those goddamn bomb shields.

Oh, and I don't know all the maps yet. I do like Terminal though.
I feel exactly the opposite. Objectives like dash blindly across the map to desperately hold down a room praying you don't get grenade spammed to death before having to wait until your whole team gets wiped out annoys the hell outta me.

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Lifer

Yeah Im not a fan of objectives either. I prefer team deathmatch and my LEAST favorite maps have been skidrow and Quarry. One of my favorites for quick run-n-gun is wasteland and my favorite sniper map is either Estate or highrise. I had pretty decent luck on those maps.
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKE View Post
I feel exactly the opposite. Objectives like dash blindly across the map to desperately hold down a room praying you don't get grenade spammed to death before having to wait until your whole team gets wiped out annoys the hell outta me.
Who says you have to dash blindly? And if you run blindly in to a room, without fragging, smoking, or tossing stun grenades, you deserve to get grenade spammed to death.

I just don't get it. If I wanted to run around and shoot people, I'd do it in real life. I guess I'm just not easily amused by kill/death ratios. I feel no sense of accomplishment when it's over. I much prefer a set of objectives, that takes skill and strategy to complete. I like teamwork, and people that have mics on and don't communicate, piss me the fuck off. There's no need to communicate in Deathmatch.

There's no skill or strategy by running and gunning, or camping and sniping.

I'll say this though, if it's not your cup of tea, or you don't know what the fuck you're doing, please stay the fuck out of the objective games, and leave it to the people that know what they are doing. That's a big pet peeve of mine, too. Some fucking moron, running around aimlessly. It only puts the rest of the people who know how to play at disadvantage.
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Who says you have to dash blindly? And if you run blindly in to a room, without fragging, smoking, or tossing stun grenades, you deserve to get grenade spammed to death.

I just don't get it. If I wanted to run around and shoot people, I'd do it in real life. I guess I'm just not easily amused by kill/death ratios. I feel no sense of accomplishment when it's over. I much prefer a set of objectives, that takes skill and strategy to complete. I like teamwork, and people that have mics on and don't communicate, piss me the fuck off. There's no need to communicate in Deathmatch.

I'll say this though, if it's not your cup of tea, or you don't know what the fuck you're doing, please stay the fuck out of the objective games, and leave it to the people that know what they are doing. That's a big pet peeve of mine, too. Some fucking moron, running around aimlessly. It only puts the rest of the people who know how to play at disadvantage.
Sounds like just about everyone that plays COD pisses you off huh?

Personally I gave up on headsets alooooooooooooooooong time ago. Somethine about 12 year olds trying to cuss you out or making annoying sounds the whole game just straight up pisses me off. I agree, this game would be fun with some strategy but that always turns into "DUDE!!??!! WTF was that? blah blah blah, whine whine whine"
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 01:58 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lason View Post
Sounds like just about everyone that plays COD pisses you off huh?

No, not really. It's just people that don't know what they are doing. They usually get their asses kicked pretty quickly, so they either find another room, or get in to a different game mode. The problem is on HQ, when you respawn. You respawn to the person furthest from the objective's location. So if you're going to camp half a mile across the map, go play Deathmatch. Annoying kids must not have the money to pick up the new COD yet. I haven't run across a single one yet, actually. I typically only log on after the kids are asleep though, so from 9-midnight or so.

Quote:
Personally I gave up on headsets alooooooooooooooooong time ago. Somethine about 12 year olds trying to cuss you out or making annoying sounds the whole game just straight up pisses me off.
I know where you're coming from, but like I said, I haven't run in to that once with the new game. It was really bad on the first MW. So much so, that it, and the glitchers are why I stopped playing the first one.

Quote:
I agree, this game would be fun with some strategy but that always turns into "DUDE!!??!! WTF was that? blah blah blah, whine whine whine"
Not sure what you mean here, because it doesn't turn in to that? But about the strategy - this is why Socom has always been, and will always be superior to COD.
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Big "foot"

Quote:
Well, I was over-generalizing, just like you are right now. Even if you sneak ever-so carefully, get to where you're going, there's still another whole team of people closing in on one little room, and yes, they're spamming grenades in there like crazy. Gets old.

Quote:
I just don't get it. If I wanted to run around and shoot people, I'd do it in real life.

Quote:
I guess I'm just not easily amused by kill/death ratios.
It's all about KDR for me, because it's one of the few things I have control over in a game with a bunch of strangers on your "team". I might feel differently if I had a good, consistent group of people that were at a similar skill level, and who actually communicated, but I just don't. At best, it's me and one or MAYBE two other friends, and we can work together in a team deathmatch and have a blast. I just don't have the flexibility to play scheduled gaming "dates" and neither do the other people I play with.

Quote:
We definitely don't agree there.

So anyway, the merits/downfall of a particular game mode was not the point of the thread. Really, I just thought it would be fun to discuss the different maps, and their pros and cons and maybe get some different perspectives on how to better enjoy the maps that I seem to get owned on, lol.

post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 02:10 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Well, I was over-generalizing, just like you are right now. Even if you sneak ever-so carefully, get to where you're going, there's still another whole team of people closing in on one little room, and yes, they're spamming grenades in there like crazy. Gets old.

Every room in HQ has a spot you can hide, and dodge the grenades.

Quote:
We definitely don't agree there.
Guess not. Almost anyone can find a good spot to hide. I just don't see the appeal, unless you are sniping an objective plant.

There's obviously a lot of maps I've never played, since I only play HQ. But of the ones I have played, Terminal is my favorite. The two you mentioned in your first post (scrapyard & quarry), I've never even heard of. lol
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

i play alot of headquarters and team deathmatch... as far as maps, i like them pretty much all and play good at them all...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

If you don't know how to play Headquarters, Domination, or any other objective game. Please stay the fu#$ out of those games.

served
post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by stango View Post
If you don't know how to play Headquarters, Domination, or any other objective game. Please stay the fu#$ out of those games.
Already covered it, man. haha
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 03:21 PM
is chilaxing

Quote:
Already covered it, man. haha

come again

ps...I don't have game yet...haha
post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 03:41 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Quote:

Agreed 100%.

Deathmatch is lame, no strategy, no skill.

Single spawn games bring out the skilled players. Can't just rush into a room knowing you will repop a few seconds later. There is also real actual teamwork involved rather than just everyone running all over the map randomly with no objective.
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Time Served

Favela

post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Big "foot"

Ok, so fuck you guys. Start your own game mode debate thread already. This ain't about that. Jeeez.

lol

post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 03:59 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
Agreed 100%.

Deathmatch is lame, no strategy, no skill.

Single spawn games bring out the skilled players. Can't just rush into a room knowing you will repop a few seconds later. There is also real actual teamwork involved rather than just everyone running all over the map randomly with no objective.

Yep. And I get what they are saying as well. If you aren't playing with people you know, it's not very fun. Especially when nobody knows anyone, and nobody is talking. You know the tendencies of the people you know. You generally know whether they prefer to snipe, or whatever. Where they will be, etc. But that's what clans are for.

I'm all for starting a DFWS clan, by the way. There's only 2-3 people from my SOCOM clan that are playing MW2, so it's not like we are going to start a clan with 3-4 people.

Sorry to shit on your thread, KD!
post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 04:02 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Ok, so fuck you guys. Start your own game mode debate thread already. This ain't about that. Jeeez.

lol
The two kinda go hand in hand though. Depending on the type of game play someone likes and their style of play. I personally prefer to play a sniper role and using all kinds of explosives. I can run and gun too, just don't like to.
post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 04:06 PM
Time Served

I usually play free for all as I don't have good people to play with consistently also. Everytime I play team deathmatch I always have a couple of guys that go 4-24 or shit like that, really annoying! So free for all I don't have to count on anyone else!

Oh my fav. Map is Rust! Very small and close quartered, no places to really hide! Badass for some all pistol matches!

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1- DailyDriver

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000- High RPM Nitrous build in progress...

post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Big "foot"

Quote:
Yep. And I get what they are saying as well. If you aren't playing with people you know, it's not very fun. Especially when nobody knows anyone, and nobody is talking. You know the tendencies of the people you know. You generally know whether they prefer to snipe, or whatever. Where they will be, etc. But that's what clans are for.

I'm all for starting a DFWS clan, by the way. There's only 2-3 people from my SOCOM clan that are playing MW2, so it's not like we are going to start a clan with 3-4 people.
Good points here. I'm open to exploring the different game types, but without a clan, it hasn't proved to be any fun.

Quote:
LMAO, fucker.

Quote:
The two kinda go hand in hand though. Depending on the type of game play someone likes and their style of play. I personally prefer to play a sniper role and using all kinds of explosives. I can run and gun too, just don't like to.
You're missing it Steve. Of course the mode will influence map favorites, that's why I started the first post off with what mode I was playing. But debating the relative merits of what mode is better and why is burying the lead.

post #21 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 04:12 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

I'm in for starting up a clan if we can get a group of regular players.
post #22 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Time Served

Quote:

I'd be down with playing in a DFWS clan that way we have mics and I'm not playin with a bunch of duesches(sp?)!

post #23 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 04:15 PM

i usually play with my same clan, so no free for all here unless we just wanna see who is best on our clan from time to time for bragging rights...

im down for a dfwclan too...

post #24 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez View Post
i usually play with my same clan, so no free for all here unless we just wanna see who is best on our clan from time to time for bragging rights...

im down for a dfwclan too...
Yeah I just wish I had people that were at least decent and not retards to play with consistently, then I prob wouldn't play FFA either.

post #25 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 04:30 PM

i always play late around midnight or so cause i work late then workout after work, if anyone plays late on ps3 hit me up crooked_i_killa...

post #26 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Time Served

i mostly play team deathmatch and domination dont really like headquarters. id join a dfwstangs clan
post #27 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
i always play late around midnight or so cause i work late then workout after work, if anyone plays late on ps3 hit me up crooked_i_killa...
I've been meaning to add you for a while now, but never have your name handy when I'm logged on. I'll send you an invite next time I'm on.
post #28 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 04:40 PM
Time Served

I guess we should specify an xbox clan or ps3 clan! I'm also usually on late at night but I'm on xbox.

post #29 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 06:16 PM
The Janitor

wasteland and Derail are my favs. I have been called a cheating bastard so many times on those maps its not even funny.

I dig Estate as well, but it can be rough with a bad team.

my least favorite is quarry or highrise
post #30 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 06:20 PM
The Janitor

i think its interesting the console players dont like the big open maps but the PC players seem to be used to it.

Its all about application of firepower at range rather than twich play =)

I have heard a lot of grumblings about the map selection. it *is* kind of odd that within a week of playing i already see maps getting skipped.

The good part is with STEAM they should be able to track what maps are being played and what are being skipped.
post #31 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Retired Gun

ToRqUeTwIsTeR XBOX 360

Fav Game Type : Team Deathmatch, Domination, and War

Fav Maps: I like every one of them except ESTATE.

Fav Kits: Scar-H, M-16, Barret .50 cal

Dislikes....CAMPERS OF COURSE!! I obviously hate people that don't know how to play the game as well. For instance....noobs running into the enemies spawn in Deathmatch causing their spawn to switch(usually behind you). Or noobs trying to capture the 3rd and last flag in domination even though we are holding 2 out of the 3 causing their spawn to switch. Finally, noobs capturing the last flag in war when basically it has become a spawn killers dream.
post #32 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 08:15 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToRqUeTwIsTeR View Post
ToRqUeTwIsTeR XBOX 360

Fav Game Type : Team Deathmatch, Domination, and War

Fav Maps: I like every one of them except ESTATE.

Fav Kits: Scar-H, M-16, Barret .50 cal

Dislikes....CAMPERS OF COURSE!! I obviously hate people that don't know how to play the game as well. For instance....noobs running into the enemies spawn in Deathmatch causing their spawn to switch(usually behind you). Or noobs trying to capture the 3rd and last flag in domination even though we are holding 2 out of the 3 causing their spawn to switch. Finally, noobs capturing the last flag in war when basically it has become a spawn killers dream.
Send me a request so we can have a one on one match so I can kick your ass.

tag: JKDsteve
post #33 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 09:11 PM
Retired Gun

Quote:
Send me a request so we can have a one on one match so I can kick your ass.

tag: JKDsteve
I will hopefully get my console back tomorrow. I had to take it to the Geek Squad peeps @ Best Buy to have it serviced/repaired/replaced. It wasn't reading any disc in the drive. Send me a request and I will accept it tomorrow hopefully.
post #34 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 03:19 AM
The Janitor

btw, my "for the lulz" kit is :

TAR21 with noob toob
AT4 x1
c4
martyrdom

with danger close. Its definately great for racking rediculous kills up if i want to force the other team full of clanners to rage quit.
post #35 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 03:04 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32VfromHell View Post
btw, my "for the lulz" kit is :

TAR21 with noob toob
AT4 x1
c4
martyrdom

with danger close. Its definately great for racking rediculous kills up if i want to force the other team full of clanners to rage quit.
Hahah, you are one of those people who can piss off a whole room of people with ease. Funny stuff.
post #36 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 07:46 PM
The Janitor

its even worse with my hot dog "noob toob" title. People would just get furious and it would make it all the more fun.

Then i would switch it up to silenced FAMAS and a silenced Spas next round and they would get mad as hell that i wasnt just noob tubing them to hell, but being the noob tuber who was killing them with some skill, lol.

Edit: here is my title and icon when i want to piss people off, ha.

post #37 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 07:52 PM
The Janitor

and my best round ever .

I had a silenced Interdictor and an AA-12 for close defense.

post #38 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Fear the lawn gnome

I'm an average player at best some rounds are better than others. I've also never won a round unless its free for all. Last i dont see how those guys play x box with the sensitivity on super high. I'm on usually on med or med high, and thats the bet i get.

I need to get another good computer and play on that.

I miss the enemy territory style games. I was always a good medic/engineer.

My kill/death ratio i couldnt give a rats ass about as long as my team finishes the objective and i do my part to help.

What you might call solitude is something i look forward to.
post #39 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 08:24 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
and my best round ever .

Well done Ryan. Was that snipin or were you rushin?
post #40 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 08:44 PM
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS

Quote:

He is a camper i bet
post #41 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 09:01 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

I like Derail or Terminal. I hate Afghan! I always get killed 3 seconds after appearing somewhere.

I suck at the game, and I don't know what 90% of the shit on the game is, but I have fun getting my ass kicked for the most part. I only play Team Mercenary Deathmatch.

post #42 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 09:28 PM
Formerly 5.0Vert

Quote:
and my best round ever .

what happened the rest of the game? score isn't maxed yet?

best so far is either 44 kills, 3 deaths, or 71 kills, 8 deaths. Pissed alot of people off Kill streak so far is at 41.

xbox

post #43 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 10:21 PM
The Janitor

Quote:
Sniping anyone on A, C and people working towards B. I think i also cleared a few out around my building. They didnt expect the sniper to burst out the doors with a shotgun, lol.

I think i finished the game 28-0, not getting any more k,ills do to ammo and the fight going away.

I bet Milk is one of the poor bastards i shot in the face, lol.
post #44 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 10:46 PM
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS

Quote:
Sniping anyone on A, C and people working towards B. I think i also cleared a few out around my building. They didnt expect the sniper to burst out the doors with a shotgun, lol.

I think i finished the game 28-0, not getting any more k,ills do to ammo and the fight going away.

I bet Milk is one of the poor bastards i shot in the face, lol.

Hell nah my friend. You are lucky I havent got this game yo.
post #45 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 01:40 AM

good game ryan, i always finish high in kills and normally have about the same deaths, i run the whole time and always have the most miles ran emblem, cause camping is boring as fuck to me...

post #46 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 08:24 AM
Time Served

Quote:
good game ryan, i always finish high in kills and normally have about the same deaths, i run the whole time and always have the most miles ran emblem, cause camping is boring as fuck to me...
+1

Haven't even used a sniper rifle yet.

Rank - 37
Kill Ratio - 1.13
Win Ratio - 1.63

Usually play TDM or Search, but mainy search.

I like all the maps.

2001 Arctic White M6 SS - 2005 Iron 6.0, Comp 224 566 115, LS2 Chain, LS6 Pump, TR Pushrods, ARP Rod Bolts, LS6 Intake, Home Built Front Mount MP T-76 Q-Trim Turbo, 60lb Inj, TurboWerx Pump, Racetronix Kit, Spec 3+, - 9psi 545rwhp/542rwtq - More Boost to Come!

*SOLD* '91 Coupe, LS1/TH350, Heads 'n Cam, 6.72 @ 102 N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick96GT View Post
Also, 280lbs ain't a lady.
post #47 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 11:55 AM
Nobody

Quote:
and my best round ever .

27 kills 3 assists and 0 deaths. Didn't you read earlier that there is no strategy in camping?????

New Project 1964 C10 350/700r4
post #48 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 05:08 PM
Lifer

I don't see how you lasted that long anyway. Snipers camping in a building are getting a cooked grenade through the window. The other team must have sucked really bad.

-Herb-
03 Torch Red Mach 1
post #49 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Lifer

I hate all the maps equally since I die easily in all of them. Now I do suck but some things I don't understand about this game. 1) Why when I'm joining a game does the server ALWAYS put me on the losing team and 2) Why do the freaking Helicopters and Harriers ALWAYS come after to me. I swear I can be all the way on the other side of the map and the Helicopters/Harriers will find me and shot me, then when I respawn they will fly to me and shot me again, not anybody else just me. Does anybody have this problem?

Red and White 98R1...Look now cause in a second I'm gonna pass you

You can pass me now, sold the bike =(
post #50 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 05:49 PM
The Janitor

another dick move i will do is

Slight of Hand
Lightweight
Last Stand

and then run around with akimbo Rangers. Its definately aggressive gameplay as opposed to the methodical snipe and ambush i do on DeRail. Here is a little evidence of what it can do. Im super jealous of a lvl 70 player called Rorschach who does the same but with the 1887 shotguns and its wicked . He tends to kick everyones ass in a round.

Im quite fond of the silenced Famas for Afgan.

and here is yet another round of sniping on Derail. Not as good as the unkilled round, but that was 1 in a million.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement