i did one about 4 years ago. occasionally use it in my bedroom as a media pc but it doesnt stream .mkv vids so not much use anymore to me.
here is what i did:
1. buy chip, xecuter 2.6, soldered on chip.
2. buy big ide hard drive. replace original.
3. download Auto Installer Deluxe and burn to dvd.
4. launch xbox with AID disk
5. install original xbox dashboard to C:
6. install a thirdparty dashboard (like avalaunch or evoX) to D:
(that way you can turn the chip off and the original xbox dash will run so you can still control settings like video and crap, and when you have the chip on it will load the modded dash)
7. after you install the third party dash you can FTP into the xbox from your computer. you can install XBMC (which is definately the best looking dash for it)
8. your done. copy games, music, movies, emulators and roms via ftp.
Last edited by momo stallion; 11-06-2009 at 02:57 PM.