Next gen iPhone - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Next gen iPhone

So, I'm eligible for an upgrade, right now I've got a Blackberry Curve, but I'm wanting an iPhone, should I go ahead and upgrade, or wait till the next gen comes out? Does anyone have any idea when it may come out, google didn't turn up the results I was looking for, everything was 3Gs related. TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 02:34 PM
Strong to Quite Strong

Wait for the next one. They have been releasing in the later summer each year.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 03:29 PM
How you doin'

i'm sure that there will be another one out in june/july of next year. my wife and i both have the 32gb 3gs and we're happy with them...this is her second one (1st was a 3g 16gb) and the only reason for the upgrade was that she filled up the 16gb. i'm sure that they'll have a 64gb next...

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANGGT40 View Post
i'm sure that there will be another one out in june/july of next year. my wife and i both have the 32gb 3gs and we're happy with them...this is her second one (1st was a 3g 16gb) and the only reason for the upgrade was that she filled up the 16gb. i'm sure that they'll have a 64gb next...
Still have your wifes 3g?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 08:17 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

I agree with the others. Wait until next summer. There is a decent chance that the 4G will be coming out. ATT is already building out a 4G network. There are even rumors that Verizon will be carrying it. Both ATT and Verizon will be using LTE for their 4G networks, so Apple can easily build a single phone for both of them. Follow that up with rumors that Apple is VERY unhappy with AT&T after their debacle of the MMS and tethering deployments.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I think my BB 8310 is taking a crap on me, it'll randomly shut off and will only restart after a battery pull, this happens once or twice a day, give or take. I need to find a buddy that wouldn't mind trading phones with me for a day or so to see if I really like it, $300-400 is a lot of skrilla to be dropping on a phone
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 10:29 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

3Gs is a bitch to jailbreak too.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 07:52 AM
How you doin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
Still have your wifes 3g?
no, i sold it a couple of weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
3Gs is a bitch to jailbreak too.
i don't know what method you're using, but the 3gs is easy as pie to jailbreak with blackra1n. i've sent instructions via e-mail to several people that have never done a jailbreak before, and none of them even had to ask a question...it was simple. i had to explain what apps to get, what cydia was, etc, but the actual act of jailbreaking is simple and takes less than 5 minutes.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 07:58 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
Follow that up with rumors that Apple is VERY unhappy with AT&T after their debacle of the MMS and tethering deployments.
What debacle?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 11:39 AM
How you doin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
What debacle?
they took forever to get mms going, and apple included tethering on the 3gs but apparently at&t made them remove it with the 3.1+ updates because either they wanted people to buy their internet cards and/or they didn't want to clog up their 3g network with iphone users tethering to their computers. i'm still on 3.0.1 on my 3gs, so i still have it...they don't allow tethering apps on the app store, so if you want to tether with 3.1+, you have to jailbreak and install a tethering app from cydia, icy, or rock... i know that those two are big reasons that people purchased other "smart phones"...most of the others allow tethering and mms without "jailbreaking"...maybe apple sees that as at&t hurting their iphone sales.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement