God damned pixel shader version 1.1 error. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
DERP DERP DERP

God damned pixel shader version 1.1 error.

I got this error after installing a game last night, and I'm no graphics card expert. The card is an Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440 AGP 8X, I tried updating the driver, it updated fine, restarted, and got the error again. Anything else I can try, or will I need another card?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 08:56 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

are you getting it with a particular game? That is an older card, it can't run 3.0 shader sets at all.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Time Served

you need another card for sure. FX series and better to fix your error

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
DERP DERP DERP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
are you getting it with a particular game? That is an older card, it can't run 3.0 shader sets at all.
Well crap, I was under the impression that it could for some reason. Oh well. Any card you would recommend? The cheaper, the better.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 09:01 PM
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GT50 View Post
Well crap, I was under the impression that it could for some reason. Oh well. Any card you would recommend? The cheaper, the better.
Well man, you're kind of in a bind, because it's an AGP card. The entire market has switched over to PCI-E a few years ago. That was the reason I built a new computer, to get PCI-E. You'll need a new mobo, and you might as well just build a new system. However, you might be able to get a good deal on a used AGP card, but they tend to still fetch higher than normal prices because of people in your situation. The fastest card ever made for AGP was a Geforce 7900. The Geforce 6800GT is also a popular AGP card and very fast for what it is. It isn't comparable to the new 8 series, but it is a shader 3.0 card. try looking on craigslist for some used ones, either 6800GT, or 7900 but make sure it's AGP.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/sys/1429406620.html

It's worth 40 bucks for sure, and that's the fastest 6800 they made. Currently no 7900 for sale in DFW. Forget the FX series, those are cheap pieces of shit honestly, nvidia just made them shader set 3.0, but they are slow as hell. the 6800 can run newer games, not at the detail of an 8 series card, but it's playable.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
DERP DERP DERP

Quote:
Well man, you're kind of in a bind, because it's an AGP card. The entire market has switched over to PCI-E a few years ago. That was the reason I built a new computer, to get PCI-E you'll need a new mobo, and you might as well just build a new system. However, you might be able to get a good deal on a used AGP card, but they tend to still fetch higher than normal prices because of people in your situation. The fastest card ever made for AGP was a Geforce 7900. The Geforce 6800GT is also a popular AGP card and very fast for what it is. It isn't comparable to the new 8 series, but it is a shader 3.0 card. try looking on craigslist for some used ones, either 6800GT, or 7900 but make sure it's AGP.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/sys/1429406620.html

get it, worth 40 bucks for sure, and that's the fastest 6800. Currently no 7900 for sale in DFW.
Cool, thanks for the help, CJ.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 09:08 PM
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GT50 View Post
Cool, thanks for the help, CJ.
If you're interested I could sell you my old motherboard/cpu that's in my closet for a pretty good price. It's an intel dual core E6600 with a DFI infinity p965 dark motherboard. I'll include the 8gb of ram as well. You will need to pick up a used Geforce 8800 on craigslist, but you'll go from an outdated system to a pretty damn good one for a good price.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
DERP DERP DERP

Quote:
If you're interested I could sell you my old motherboard/cpu that's in my closet for a pretty good price. It's an intel dual core E6600 with a DFI infinity p965 dark motherboard. I'll include the 8gb of ram as well. You will need to pick up a used Geforce 8800 on craigslist, but you'll go from an outdated system to a pretty damn good one for a good price.
I would love to, but I'm really short on funds right now. I'll hit you up in the near future to see if you still have it sitting around, though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement