Android OS vs Iphone - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
still here

Android OS vs Iphone

Just recently I broke down and bought an Iphone and new service with AT&T. First time ever on AT&T and canceling my Verizon service. Then I caught a commercial about the new Motorola Droid for Verizon and that got me checking out what it's about, and saw it's verizon's first phone on the Google Android OS.

That led me to looking up that OS and trying to figure out what exactly it is. Havent gotten to talk to a buddy yet that goes to the google convention every year, where they actually gave away free t-mobile myTouch (another android phone) phones away for app developers.Figured he'd know more about it, and he's never liked the iphone.

Got to looking at the HTC Hero for sprint that just came out, and it looks to be the phone I'd want, and the service I'd want, which is cheaper than iphone in that you can pay $70/month (less for me with my discout) and get unlimited data/gps/messaging, etc. you have to pay over $90 per month to get that with the iphone. Right now I just have the basic 450min and 200 messages for freakin $75 on the iphone.

But I know nothing about this Google Android OS and how it'd be anywhere near as good or easy as the Iphone. I know the App Store for iphone has plenty of cool apps already, and I've read the Android Market app store has a lot less right now but is growing, and there's plenty of Android OS phones coming to the market.
Just dont know which phone I'd actually be happier with.
Hero review:
http://www.infosyncworld.com/reviews...ero/10577.html

the review mentions the multimedia playback not being anywhere near as good as the iphone, but I've had a a storm and other phones and never used them for music or video since I didnt want to kill the battery.

and that's another thing I'm not sure about on the iphone, not having an easily replaceable battery. on the blackberry's i've had it's been easy to just find a cheap new battery on ebay and pop it in.

another thing I'm not a fan of is the iphone not having expandable or removeable memory. I like having a micro sd card I can just take out of the phone and pop it into the computer to add/remove photos and such, without cables or synching.

'08 CSRT-4
'06 Yamaha FZ1

Last edited by 89stangGT; 10-20-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 12:30 AM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89stangGT View Post
Just recently I broke down and bought an Iphone and new service with AT&T. First time ever on AT&T and canceling my Verizon service. Then I caught a commercial about the new Motorola Droid for Verizon and that got me checking out what it's about, and saw it's verizon's first phone on the Google Android OS.

That led me to looking up that OS and trying to figure out what exactly it is. Havent gotten to talk to a buddy yet that goes to the google convention every year, where they actually gave away free t-mobile myTouch (another android phone) phones away for app developers.Figured he'd know more about it, and he's never liked the iphone.

Got to looking at the HTC Hero for sprint that just came out, and it looks to be the phone I'd want, and the service I'd want, which is cheaper than iphone in that you can pay $70/month (less for me with my discout) and get unlimited data/gps/messaging, etc. you have to pay over $90 per month to get that with the iphone. Right now I just have the basic 450min and 200 messages for freakin $75 on the iphone.

But I know nothing about this Google Android OS and how it'd be anywhere near as good or easy as the Iphone. I know the App Store for iphone has plenty of cool apps already, and I've read the Android Market app store has a lot less right now but is growing, and there's plenty of Android OS phones coming to the market.
Just dont know which phone I'd actually be happier with.
Hero review:
http://www.infosyncworld.com/reviews...ero/10577.html

the review mentions the multimedia playback not being anywhere near as good as the iphone, but I've had a a storm and other phones and never used them for music or video since I didnt want to kill the battery.

and that's another thing I'm not sure about on the iphone, not having an easily replaceable battery. on the blackberry's i've had it's been easy to just find a cheap new battery on ebay and pop it in.

another thing I'm not a fan of is the iphone not having expandable or removeable memory. I like having a micro sd card I can just take out of the phone and pop it into the computer to add/remove photos and such, without cables or synching.
I know I sound like a broken record, but have you looked into the Palm Pre? It will soon be working on many other networks besides Sprint. I've had an iPhone as well as blackberrys. The Pre is a very nice phone - it is much more powerful than the iPhone when it comes to a business perspective.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 12:43 AM
Lifer

thats true...but iphone was never designed for the "business" perspective..

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 12:45 AM
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgaijin View Post
thats true...but iphone was never designed for the "business" perspective..
The iphone is much smoother than the pre when it comes to the UI. That is a big deal to me. I've gone from an iphone to a pre. I then went back to an iphone as my secondary here recently because of work and I absolutely cannot stand it because of it's lack of multi tasking, and just basic features that the pre brings to the smart phone market. The pre's interface (although choppier) is light years faster as far as interface navigation. Also, it's 30% faster in web browsing on 3G/4G, and 90% faster in wifi browsing. You can get things done much faster on a pre than you can on an iPhone. I've tried both, and that is my honest opinion. I like both, I have both, but I prefer the Pre without question. The iphone is much smoother in it's UI, it has a ton more apps, and it "seems" higher quality, however when you try both you'll probably end up with the iphone in your desk drawer. I encourage you guys to give one of them a look sometime and see what you think.

The Android OS looks promising. Google is targeting Apple the same way Palm has, with an open ended OS and lax copyright/intellectual parameters. That is where Apple is weak, they control their products like Stalin.

Last edited by CJ; 10-21-2009 at 12:50 AM.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 01:04 AM
A+
would read again

i wasnt a fan of the iphone untill i hacked it, then it was cool. i noticed there are a few "cooler" phones coming out for att but everyone and everything caters to this whole "ilife" thing. I was at school a few months back and the prof. said we needed to read this dumb book, i checked the app store and there it was for free. My wife was driving home and clicked on a papajonhs app and ordered dinner in less than a minute. I like my Fuze but it isnt as connected as the iphone. i dont think any phone would be as connected as an iphone.

***TrueStreet cars run A/C***
"I JUST WANT TO BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM," -kanye west

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Does it make me gay if I stick my finger in another mans ass on a daily basis?
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 01:10 AM
Mexican Crew

Iphone > *

Quote:
Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 01:11 AM
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by A+ View Post
i wasnt a fan of the iphone untill i hacked it, then it was cool. i noticed there are a few "cooler" phones coming out for att but everyone and everything caters to this whole "ilife" thing. I was at school a few months back and the prof. said we needed to read this dumb book, i checked the app store and there it was for free. My wife was driving home and clicked on a papajonhs app and ordered dinner in less than a minute. I like my Fuze but it isnt as connected as the iphone. i dont think any phone would be as connected as an iphone.
I must admit the iphone is "connected", however that's simply because it was the first and only attempt to truly normalize the market. Palm and Google have already targeted the iphone's glaring shortcomings. The talent to create applications is attracted by the market, and more importantly the community. The iphone is technically inferior to almost every other new competitor as far as hardware is concerned, however Apple did a great job on their UI optimization. It is a very good product, but it will be surpassed just like all of technology's milestones. I see about 50 new apps for the pre on a daily basis, it's app market is being flooded as we speak. It takes time to establish that "connected" status. But don't forget, that status has nothing to do with the piece of hardware in your hand, or your provider, it's entirely due to the people that write those programs. And most all of them don't work for Apple - and I guarantee you they would rather work with another company.

All of my iPhone's have been jailbroken, the mere fact that you have to void your warranty and support simply to access some of the core functionality the device should have come with should be an eye opener - you don't have to do anything like that on the Pre or Android based phones.

Keep in mind that the book your professor suggested you get, and ordering Pizza online is just as easy on a Pre as it is on an iPhone. Both have the net, and both have ebook readers. You seem to be entirely focused on the applications that are written by third parties.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 01:46 AM
A+
would read again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
I must admit the iphone is "connected", however that's simply because it was the first and only attempt to truly normalize the market. Palm and Google have already targeted the iphone's glaring shortcomings. The talent to create applications is attracted by the market, and more importantly the community. The iphone is technically inferior to almost every other new competitor as far as hardware is concerned, however Apple did a great job on their UI optimization. It is a very good product, but it will be surpassed just like all of technology's milestones. I see about 50 new apps for the pre on a daily basis, it's app market is being flooded as we speak. It takes time to establish that "connected" status. But don't forget, that status has nothing to do with the piece of hardware in your hand, or your provider, it's entirely due to the people that write those programs. And most all of them don't work for Apple - and I guarantee you they would rather work with another company.

All of my iPhone's have been jailbroken, the mere fact that you have to void your warranty and support simply to access some of the core functionality the device should have come with should be an eye opener - you don't have to do anything like that on the Pre or Android based phones.

Keep in mind that the book your professor suggested you get, and ordering Pizza online is just as easy on a Pre as it is on an iPhone. Both have the net, and both have ebook readers. You seem to be entirely focused on the applications that are written by third parties.
very well said and i totally agree with you but since all apps are being written by third parties, the iphone is the only phone most parties are writing for, so it just seems like having the iphone is the phone to have(make sense?) but what i really like about iphone is its internal memory storage, you dont have to buy any sd card or anything like that.....

***TrueStreet cars run A/C***
"I JUST WANT TO BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM," -kanye west

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Does it make me gay if I stick my finger in another mans ass on a daily basis?

Last edited by A+; 10-21-2009 at 02:01 AM.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 03:25 AM

the only reason i would ever ditch my iphone is texting. I absoultly hate texting on it without real buttons, the touch screen is a beating for me even after the update. other than that its ridiculously perfect for me. which is actually kind of crazy cause in the end, the main reason to own any phone should be communication ease, but hey im a consumer and i like all the trendy adds and apps.

side note: owned and used macs at home since around 96, and thats only been 2 computers so apple will have my loyalty for that reason alone. the first imac i bought didnt break, just got tired of looking at the "fish bowl" after so long and using the outdated OS. gave it to my mother in law and it cycles thru pictures of her grand children 24/7. dont think it will ever die.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 03:53 AM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

i dont care what phone comes out, i am sticking with my iphone...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 08:09 AM
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpawl View Post
the only reason i would ever ditch my iphone is texting. I absoultly hate texting on it without real buttons, the touch screen is a beating for me even after the update. other than that its ridiculously perfect for me. which is actually kind of crazy cause in the end, the main reason to own any phone should be communication ease, but hey im a consumer and i like all the trendy adds and apps.

side note: owned and used macs at home since around 96, and thats only been 2 computers so apple will have my loyalty for that reason alone. the first imac i bought didnt break, just got tired of looking at the "fish bowl" after so long and using the outdated OS. gave it to my mother in law and it cycles thru pictures of her grand children 24/7. dont think it will ever die.
The pre has a physical keyboard, it also has a touch keyboard if you want it. To predict the future you must understand the past. Apple has always had a long history of excellent marketing, superior market domination, and then eventual failure. They have not changed their strategy since they got into the technology market in 1983. The Mac was an excellent product, very well marketed (see 1983 commercial), however look at it now, it has less than 10% of the market. It's because of their death grip on their software and intellectual requirements. They literally strangle their own creation to death with regulations. Eventually other companies (like IBM w/ the PC architecture) come along with a much more open ended OS/hardware design (x286) and wipe the floor with them. The iPhone as great as it is follows this same flawed business strategy. If they do loosen their grip, Apple will get steamrolled all over again like history has shown.
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 08:14 AM
Licking the windows!

I'm loading Android "Donut" on my MicroTac 650 right now.

"Friends" help you move......."Real Friends" help you move bodies!

GIFSoup
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 08:39 AM
Founding Member

I looked at a Pre and thought the keyboard was too small for me compared to my Touch Pro. I have some fat thumbs.

93 Teal/Gray Cobra
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 10:18 AM
Licking the windows!

Samsung Moment (AKA InstinctQ) is being released on Nov 1st. You might look at that one.

Touchscreen - Check
Android - Check
Full QWERTY - Check
Sprint - Check
Right Price - Check $179

http://www.engadget.com/photos/samsung-moment-unboxed/

GIFSoup
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 11:28 AM
CJ

[QUOTE=MireFire 2.0;5939076]Samsung Moment (AKA InstinctQ) is being released on Nov 1st. You might look at that one.

Touchscreen - Check
Android - Check
Full QWERTY - Check
Sprint - Check
Right Price - Check $179

[url]

the Pre is $99 at the moment, fyi
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 11:41 AM
Licking the windows!

[QUOTE=5.0_CJ;5939185]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MireFire 2.0 View Post
Samsung Moment (AKA InstinctQ) is being released on Nov 1st. You might look at that one.

Touchscreen - Check
Android - Check
Full QWERTY - Check
Sprint - Check
Right Price - Check $179

[url]

the Pre is $99 at the moment, fyi
I know the price difference, but I don't see $99 anywhere on the Pre. $149 yes, $99 no.

GIFSoup
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 12:03 PM
CJ

[QUOTE=MireFire 2.0;5939207]
Quote:

I know the price difference, but I don't see $99 anywhere on the Pre. $149 yes, $99 no.

best buy has the palm Pre for $99

edit: looks like the promotion ended,

Last edited by CJ; 10-21-2009 at 12:08 PM.
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 12:16 PM
Licking the windows!

[QUOTE=5.0_CJ;5939243]
Quote:

best buy has the palm Pre for $99

edit: looks like the promotion ended,
Ohh SNAP! I lookz before I replies..

sidenote, whats up with the f'ed up quotes?

GIFSoup
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 01:07 PM
CJ

[QUOTE=MireFire 2.0;5939260]
Quote:

Ohh SNAP! I lookz before I replies..

sidenote, whats up with the f'ed up quotes?
not sure, the tags are right. I'm posting from my Pre though. Don't think that is the issue though.
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 01:34 PM
Licking the windows!

[QUOTE=5.0_CJ;5939344]
Quote:

not sure, the tags are right. I'm posting from my Pre though. Don't think that is the issue though.
No, it's doing it on mine too and I am on my lappy.

GIFSoup
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
still here

Quote:

Touchscreen - Check
Android - Check
Full QWERTY - Check
Sprint - Check
Right Price - Check $179

http://www.engadget.com/photos/samsung-moment-unboxed/
I looked at that, but reviews said it was just the basic stock Android OS as compared to what the Hero has. Reviews of all them are on that site I posted. The only thing I DO like about the Moment is the slide out physical keyboard. though, the bad thing about that is that you cant out a nice heavy duty case on a slider phone (like from Otterbox).

and I looked at the Pre, but I'd rather have the Android OS than the palm web OS. Seems everyone is coming out with Android phones and so the Android Market is just gonna grow and grow.

'08 CSRT-4
'06 Yamaha FZ1
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 07:48 PM
CJ

Quote:
I looked at that, but reviews said it was just the basic stock Android OS as compared to what the Hero has. Reviews of all them are on that site I posted. The only thing I DO like about the Moment is the slide out physical keyboard. though, the bad thing about that is that you cant out a nice heavy duty case on a slider phone (like from Otterbox).

and I looked at the Pre, but I'd rather have the Android OS than the palm web OS. Seems everyone is coming out with Android phones and so the Android Market is just gonna grow and grow.
Well, the Samsung Moment doesn't have multi-touch capability, and Samsung will not support any modified phone - kind of SOL if you decide to root it.

Really everyone seems to have one complaint about the pre, the apps. Apps take a while to come out.. the phone has only been out a few months and there's already hundreds of apps. And at the moment I haven't found an app that I absolutely must have that the Pre doesn't already have.
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 08:10 PM
Licking the windows!

Quote:
Well, the Samsung Moment doesn't have multi-touch capability, and Samsung will not support any modified phone - kind of SOL if you decide to root it.

Really everyone seems to have one complaint about the pre, the apps. Apps take a while to come out.. the phone has only been out a few months and there's already hundreds of apps. And at the moment I haven't found an app that I absolutely must have that the Pre doesn't already have.
So you were able to find that NAMBLA app afterall?

GIFSoup
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 10:16 PM
CJ

Quote:
So you were able to find that NAMBLA app afterall?
I ended up writing my own.
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 09:09 AM
Colorado Dreamin'

I was just looking at the promo info on the HTC Hero and it looks pretty cool. I have the HTC Touch now though and it bothers me at times. Primarily when I am trying to call someone from my phone book. The search is cumbersome and I have a shit-ton of contacts to scroll through if that's the way I need to go. It also hangs up alot when hitting buttons (texting or playing games, etc) though this is a replacement for my first one, which wasn't allowing updating, and my first one did not do any of that. The software seems to be a little different on the two.

Leah has the Pre and it is definitely cool, but I don't like the shape nor the keyboard. I am a one handed user and texter and that keybord is almost impossible for me to use one handed. I do love the interface though, as CJ said.

I still miss my Blackberry Pearl more than anything. The web browsing sucked but I liked everything else about it. The size was perfect. I loved the text / email functionality and interface. Definitely a good one handed text / email phone.

I don't know what I want for my next phone..

The Hero looks most promising and similar to the touch I am using now. I REALLY don't want to have to get used to a whole new system again.

90 Bronco

When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story. - Barney Stinson

A lie is a great story that someone ruined with the truth. - Barney Stinson
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 09:13 AM
How you doin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili View Post
I was just looking at the promo info on the HTC Hero and it looks pretty cool. I have the HTC Touch now though and it bothers me at times. Primarily when I am trying to call someone from my phone book. The search is cumbersome and I have a shit-ton of contacts to scroll through if that's the way I need to go. It also hangs up alot when hitting buttons (texting or playing games, etc) though this is a replacement for my first one, which wasn't allowing updating, and my first one did not do any of that. The software seems to be a little different on the two.

Leah has the Pre and it is definitely cool, but I don't like the shape nor the keyboard. I am a one handed user and texter and that keybord is almost impossible for me to use one handed. I do love the interface though, as CJ said.

I still miss my Blackberry Pearl more than anything. The web browsing sucked but I liked everything else about it. The size was perfect. I loved the text / email functionality and interface. Definitely a good one handed text / email phone.

I don't know what I want for my next phone..

The Hero looks most promising and similar to the touch I am using now. I REALLY don't want to have to get used to a whole new system again.
i miss my blackjack II from just the texting aspect...i could text on that phone without looking at it, which is something that i can't do on my iphone.
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 09:54 AM
Licking the windows!

I will be getting something new within the next month or so...I can't decide, Samsung Moment - HTC Hero - Palm Pre

GIFSoup
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Lifer

HTC Touch Pro 2 represent biatches. HardSPL should come out any day now from CDMA so should be running WM6.5 shortly.

-Herb-
03 Torch Red Mach 1
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
still here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili View Post

that always sucks to have to do, which is why I considered going with the Tour since I already have a blackberry.

but, I'm about to head to return the iphone and prob get the Hero. Almost ordered it online (which has free activation), but decided it'd be better to get it in store and get the instant $100 rebate versus spending $280 and waiting for the rebate in the mail.

'08 CSRT-4
'06 Yamaha FZ1
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
still here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmbre97 View Post
HTC Touch Pro 2 represent biatches. HardSPL should come out any day now from CDMA so should be running WM6.5 shortly.

yeah, I don't want a windows based phone.

'08 CSRT-4
'06 Yamaha FZ1
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
still here

I'm now using the Hero and it IS awesome.

'08 CSRT-4
'06 Yamaha FZ1
post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 03:08 AM
600 plus a few

Quote:
yeah, I don't want a windows based phone.
yep, made that mistake with the Samsung Omnia and I regret it. Fuck its slow. I want a replacement.

As much as I hate the copyright shit on the iPhone, I like the apps and how easy it is to use, seems very intuitive. I just wish Verizon didnt screw their phones by locking out a bunch of features like GPS (gotta make that cash with VZnavigator shit). The network is nice, but the phones suck.

Buy my car! https://www.dfwstangs.net/classifieds...product=124819

some people are like slinkies; they're completely useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
still here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BottleRocket View Post
I just wish Verizon didnt screw their phones by locking out a bunch of features like GPS (gotta make that cash with VZnavigator shit). The network is nice, but the phones suck.
yeah, for under $70 per month I have

# Any Mobile, Anytime: Unlimited domestic calls from the Sprint network to and from ANY U.S. mobile phone regardless of carrier. Any network, any time.
# Unlimited data: Web surfing, email, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS), GPS Navigation, Music Premier, TV Premier, NFL Mobile Live, NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM
# Unlimited Direct Connect: Direct Connect and Group Connect (for capable phones)
# Unlimited messaging: Text, pictures and video
# Talk: Night calling and weekends starting at 7 p.m., nationwide long distance and no roaming charges

I have the unlimited sprint navigation, plus I have the Google Maps and the navigation you get with that. Fuck the iphone and paying for gps and texting. This phone is bad ass, and I have yet to see a app I have to pay for on the Android Market.

I heard Verizon has 2 android phones coming out, and the other carriers do as well. Seems Android really is the next big thing.

'08 CSRT-4
'06 Yamaha FZ1
post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 01:29 AM Thread Starter
still here

the Motorola Droid on Verizon is available this week.

* runs Android 2.0 'Eclair'
* 3.7-inch WVGA (480x854), 16:9 touchscreen
* 550 MHz processor
* 6 oz (169g)
* 2.4 x 4.6 x.5 inches (60x115.80x13.70mm)
* 3.5mm headphone jack
* Broswer will support Flash 10 in 2010
* Wi-Fi, 3G, GPS, Bluetooth, microUSB (comes with 16gb microSDHC card)
* 1400 mAh battery (rated at nearly 6 and a half hours of usage time)
* 5 megapixel camera with image stabilization, 4x zoom, dual-led Flash, and auto-focus
* the color is listed as: 'Licorice w/ brown sugar accents'

'08 CSRT-4
'06 Yamaha FZ1
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 10:58 AM
I'm Yer Huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BottleRocket View Post
yep, made that mistake with the Samsung Omnia and I regret it. Fuck its slow. I want a replacement.

As much as I hate the copyright shit on the iPhone, I like the apps and how easy it is to use, seems very intuitive. I just wish Verizon didnt screw their phones by locking out a bunch of features like GPS (gotta make that cash with VZnavigator shit). The network is nice, but the phones suck.
My Omnia sucked until I customized it to how I like it. I also unlocked the GPS.

2008 GMC Sierra 1500
2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700
2009 HD Street Glide
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 05:43 PM
600 plus a few

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord19 View Post
My Omnia sucked until I customized it to how I like it. I also unlocked the GPS.
Link? any tips? I hate this fuckin phone

Buy my car! https://www.dfwstangs.net/classifieds...product=124819

some people are like slinkies; they're completely useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 06:44 PM
I'm Yer Huckleberry

I get a lot of programs off of
http://www.omniahub.com/ and http://knguyentu.com/wordpress/2009/...900-unleashed/

and I've found a lot of information on here

http://www.howardforums.com/ and PPCGeeks.com

2008 GMC Sierra 1500
2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700
2009 HD Street Glide
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Hustlin'

I'm considering staying with Vz due to the Motorola droid, I'd like to get some demo time on one when they come out though.

Overall, seems android OS is pretty nice, My co-worker has the hero and he loves it; I played with it some and it seemed pretty feature full.

apps support, IMO in the long run is what will make or break these fancy phones.

--Scott

"Jesus has my heart, but Whiskey has my liver" --Jason Boland
Sponsored Links
Advertisement