PS3 for $199 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

PS3 for $199

As some of you already know, there is a deal out there that lets you get a PS3 slim for $199. You have to get a Sony Playstation Visa card (from Chase) and buy the PS3 from Sonystyle.com. Sony will then credit $100 to your account.

I went ahead and did this a couple of weeks ago. My PS3 came in last week and my credit card came in on Friday. Today I logged onto chase.com and found that there was indeed a $100 credit to my account, along with the PS3 purchase. So it does work.

If anyone is interested, the deal is still on:
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...&id=178109&u=1

NOTE: If you do this, you will get your credit card number and that 3 digit security number ONLINE. Be sure to write them down because you will need them to make the purchase from Sonystyle.com.

As for the PS3 Slim. This thing is REALLY small when compared to the old PS3. It is smaller than my XBox 360. Another great thing is that it doesn't sound like a jet engine when I'm using it. BluRay playback is as awesome as ever. Playstation Home is kinda neat but I don't think I'll be using it much.

I already had MediaLink from Nullsoft for my Mac, so I can stream video to the PS3. It works just as well as it did before. In other words, it crashes about 20% of the time. I'm thinking about trying out MediaLink for the XBox but first, I need to see if there would be any conflict with the PS3 version.

I have only one gripe about the PS3. It is the same gripe that a lot of people have. WHY THE FUCK don't they have a fucking IR port on this bitch? Sony sucks ass when it comes to trying to lock you into their products. Fucking Bluetooth for a remote? Gimmie a fuckin break. It would be great if 25% of electronics used BT for their remote but the last time I checked the PS3 was the only fuckin' device on God's Earth to do this. It just continues to show that Sony is run by a bunch of fuckin' idiots. Hell, their remote is a fuckin' POS to begin with.

I guess I'll have to fork out $50 for Logitech's BT adapter or I may forgo having a power button and get nyko's remote with the IR adapter.

Other than that bit of idiocy, the PS3 is pretty damn sweet for a $199 BluRay player.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 09:23 AM
Now in the ATX!!

Cool deal. Iam do it when I get home.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 12:21 AM
Vikings are next!

Cool deal, I just bought one at walmart, but I got the employee discount from one of my buddies...

02 GT
X-pipe and flows

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Picked mine up a few days ago. Havent had a chance to watch a bluray movie yet cuz i have been hooked on call of duty 5.

Quote:
That's why Denny's is awesome. If you're so hammered you can't speak, their menu has pictures so all you have to do is point and nod.
2007 Mustang GT, redfire metallic
5sp
JLT intake/SCT tune
FRPP Borla Stinger Exhaust
Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs
18X9 2010 Shelby GT500 Replicas
255/45/18 Cooper tires

Sponsored Links
Advertisement