Download/Upload speed - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

Download/Upload speed

Just curious, if I'm getting around 15-18mbps as my down load but barely get .50mbps as my upload speed, what would be wrong? I've got TWC and I'd think for upspeed I'd at least be getting a 1mpbs, possibly more.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 12:01 PM
Lifer

I don't think anything is wrong as that is what I get with TWC. Their upload is shitty compared to FIOS.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

I gotcha, just seems like that would be pretty low compared to some of the other results i've seen posted.

On a side note, will I the cables I use to hook everything have any affect on losing/gaining bandwidth?

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 12:17 PM
Moved to dfw mustangs.net

only if you're running hundreds of feet worth of runs. if it's cat 5+, you shouldn't see any signal attenuation in short runs.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowthreeohz View Post
only if you're running hundreds of feet worth of runs. if it's cat 5+, you shouldn't see any signal attenuation in short runs.
Would an old coax cable running from my cable hook up in the wall to my cable modem affect anything? I had my digital cable set up a couple years after my internet was set up and the TWC guy said something about the current cable I had for my modem being rather old. He just didn't have a new one to give me, but I thought he mentioned a newer being a little better on the speed.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 12:42 PM
Moved to dfw mustangs.net

I dunno much about coax, but it's cheap and easy to switch.. so why not do an experiment for us.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

I've thought about doing it but I just don't know what other coax to get, they're all the same to me.

Any one able to provide some input on coax cables?

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 10:34 PM
Lifer

That's the correct upload. If you don't have the Turbo package, you're provisioned for 7mbps down and 512kbps. You'll get the powerboost on the download that will temporarily raise your download though. It doesn't change your upload.

As far as coax cable, just get RG-6. I'm sure what you have is fine though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement