"installous" APP - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
CHAMPION

"installous" APP

Does anybody else have this app? Its purpose is to get ANY app from the app store for free... I got it on my phone last night! I've only tried getting 1-2 apps but I did get one working and it cost .99 threw the app store...

Its the app next to cydia on my home page..

I can post details on how to get it... Also found 4-5 other "sources" you can add to cydia to get more thing cydia doesnt offer...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0819[2].PNG
Views:	155
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	94313  

2006 GSX-R 1000
2001 Mustang Bullitt
1992 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
CHAMPION

INSTRUCTIONS to get it

Jun/09
181How to install Installous cracked apps on Iphone 3.0 OSThere are minor changes to installous on iphone 3.0. Follow the steps below as usual to get the installous up and running from cydia. You need a jailbreaked iphone and cydia of course. If you do not know what are they well google is your friend.

1.Open Cydia, tap on "Manage" at the bottom
2.Tap on "Sources"
3.Tap on "Edit" on top right then tap on "Add" on top left
4.Type in http://cydia.hackulo.us Cydia will warn you about copyright information just tap ok
5.Wait for repo to be added and updated.
6.From search or hackulo.us repo directory
7.Install Appsync for OS 3.0 do not install miPatch on os 3.0! If you do not download then sync cracked apps from PC/MAC/iTunes you may skip this step.
8.Install Installous
9.Restart your phone
10.Launch installous and have free fun.
Thats it, simple tap steps.

Appsync will allow you to sync the hacked apps through itunes, otherwise it will give out invalid application signature error.

For downloading from PC and syncing your apps with iTunes use www.appulo.us

Appulous is a free iTunes App Store in short created by people by sharing their applications from all over the world.

Troubleshooting
If you experience any problems during the installation or application installation steps, you may try this checklist.

1.Perform update on all cydia related packages. It will ask you to update first, do not skip it and update.
2.Do not forget to restart your phone
3.Install a free application from app store like "facebook" before installing applications from installous
4.First select download, wait for it to finish (100% complete) then tap "Downloads" section and install. If you do not see your app in that directory, then it is not complete yet. Double tapping on download may corrupt your downloaded file.
5.Make sure the file you are downloading works fine. Sometimes cracked apps may fail, so try another application or package to make sure everything works fine before searching for help.
6.If you encounter problems during application installation like package or executable not found etc make sure the following packages exists in your cydia, if not install them or re-install them to make sure everything is solid and packages are not corrupt. Installouse is dependent on these sub package libraries.
1.Erica Utilities
2.core utils
3.grep
4.Darwin CC Tools
5.UUID Generator
6.unzip
7.gawk
8.Curl (not sure if it was listed on packages but installous dependent)
If you still can not manage to solve your problem, drop a comment below including your problem. Me or someone else will try to help you for sure.

2006 GSX-R 1000
2001 Mustang Bullitt
1992 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Time Served

I know several people that get programs from installous and it all works fine.

I can't, however, bring myself to do it. If you download app through it I would encourage you to do it on a 'demo' basis. If you like it then purchase it through the app store. Most apps are pretty approriately priced and it does take a considerable amount of time for most of these small developers to create the app.

I have a flashed xbox 360 and a chipped wii and I do download games to try them out but I also purchase the ones that I enjoy and want keep.

'01 Bullitt #0054

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
CHAMPION

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt54 View Post
I know several people that get programs from installous and it all works fine.

I can't, however, bring myself to do it. If you download app through it I would encourage you to do it on a 'demo' basis. If you like it then purchase it through the app store. Most apps are pretty approriately priced and it does take a considerable amount of time for most of these small developers to create the app.

I have a flashed xbox 360 and a chipped wii and I do download games to try them out but I also purchase the ones that I enjoy and want keep.
I understand what your saying, be the honest person and pay for what your using?

Like the TomTom US version that is 99.00 bucks. I can get it free threw installous or i can pay the app store for it...

And Ive done something and LOST every APP ive ever purchased threw the app store... cant get it to come back

2006 GSX-R 1000
2001 Mustang Bullitt
1992 Mustang Coupe
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 02:23 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt3246 View Post
I understand what your saying, be the honest person and pay for what your using?

Like the TomTom US version that is 99.00 bucks. I can get it free threw installous or i can pay the app store for it...

And Ive done something and LOST every APP ive ever purchased threw the app store... cant get it to come back
The TomTom app does seem over priced and I wouldn't pay for it personally either. Ripping off TomTom the company probably doesn't hurt them much.

There are hundreds and hundreds of small developers that make some pretty fun games priced at a very reasonable 99 cents. I see no reason why these people haven't earned their money from you if you play their game or use their app on a regular basis.

I could even justify TomTom for $99 if I used it all the time, but I have no need for it. There are several other GPS application though. I believe CoPilot Live is $35. That's pretty acceptable for a full featured GPS application. Purchasing CoPilot Live is a better way to stick it to TomTom than just using their app for free.

Losing all your apps sucks but if they are tied to an iTunes account and as long as you can log into that account you can redownload them for free. I would take this as an issue with Apple instead of the software developers.

I know nothing I say will probably prevent most people from just downloading these programs for free, just wanted to suggest that some people deserve your money. I can understand not wanting to pay for something before you get to try it out, but if you use it and enjoy it then by all means please support it.

'01 Bullitt #0054
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
CHAMPION

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt54 View Post
The TomTom app does seem over priced and I wouldn't pay for it personally either. Ripping off TomTom the company probably doesn't hurt them much.

There are hundreds and hundreds of small developers that make some pretty fun games priced at a very reasonable 99 cents. I see no reason why these people haven't earned their money from you if you play their game or use their app on a regular basis.

I could even justify TomTom for $99 if I used it all the time, but I have no need for it. There are several other GPS application though. I believe CoPilot Live is $35. That's pretty acceptable for a full featured GPS application. Purchasing CoPilot Live is a better way to stick it to TomTom than just using their app for free.

Losing all your apps sucks but if they are tied to an iTunes account and as long as you can log into that account you can redownload them for free. I would take this as an issue with Apple instead of the software developers.

I know nothing I say will probably prevent most people from just downloading these programs for free, just wanted to suggest that some people deserve your money. I can understand not wanting to pay for something before you get to try it out, but if you use it and enjoy it then by all means please support it.
What happen was I updated to 9.0 then deleted it and went back to 8.2 beta. Somewhere in there I lost my apps thta i purchased. It shows it that i purchased them in the history but I cant get them back in itunes to resync to my phone. I probably need to call apple

2006 GSX-R 1000
2001 Mustang Bullitt
1992 Mustang Coupe
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 02:48 PM
HPP = GHEY

if anyone wants the tom tom app i have the .ipa file for it.. i have the US CANADA version...

Nick's Custom Detailing 214-205-1287

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybo View Post
Don't care if you do. This is not going to be another talk about Kenny's Cobalt thread. I know what my other car runs and I am proud of it. It might be hard for you to swallow that pill, but there are lots of 4 bangers that run 13s and better. SRT-4 Neons, Cobalt SS's, Saturn Sky Redline's and Evo's do it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Lifer

navigon FTW, update coming in october adds real time traffic reporting and routing as well.

as an added bonus you can open up the navigon .ipa file with winrar and delete all the maps you dont need, taking the installed size from around 2gig to about 350mb.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
CHAMPION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo5.4 View Post
if anyone wants the tom tom app i have the .ipa file for it.. i have the US CANADA version...
I'll take that my friend, can ya pm me with sets to install it?

running vista on PC 3gs 32gb. JUST got it 2 hours ago..

2006 GSX-R 1000
2001 Mustang Bullitt
1992 Mustang Coupe
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 04:54 PM
HPP = GHEY

Quote:
I'll take that my friend, can ya pm me with sets to install it?

running vista on PC 3gs 32gb. JUST got it 2 hours ago..
I also have 968 other games/.ipa's that you could put into your itunes lol...

idk how i would transfer them to you on the net.. only way i know of is by a DVDR....

the TomTom is 1.2gb... and i have other games that are over 5gb.... my last total for games was almost 1k...

Quote:
Don't care if you do. This is not going to be another talk about Kenny's Cobalt thread. I know what my other car runs and I am proud of it. It might be hard for you to swallow that pill, but there are lots of 4 bangers that run 13s and better. SRT-4 Neons, Cobalt SS's, Saturn Sky Redline's and Evo's do it all the time.

Quote:
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
CHAMPION

Quote:
I also have 968 other games/.ipa's that you could put into your itunes lol...

idk how i would transfer them to you on the net.. only way i know of is by a DVDR....

the TomTom is 2.41gb... and i have other games that are over 5gb.... my last total for games was almost 1k...
imma send you a pm! may need your help, having a issue thats PISSING ME OFF!

2006 GSX-R 1000
2001 Mustang Bullitt
1992 Mustang Coupe
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 11:07 PM
"SHOW HIM THE BIRD!"

Its a nice app but you have to remember its like cydia there could be harmful stuff on there that could damage your phone. So install with caution.
Remember if you have to restore your phone the apps you downloaded from there will not load back on your phone from itunes even though you synced them.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
CHAMPION

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider5.0 View Post
Its a nice app but you have to remember its like cydia there could be harmful stuff on there that could damage your phone. So install with caution.
Remember if you have to restore your phone the apps you downloaded from there will not load back on your phone from itunes even though you synced them.
I understand that. I'm talking about apps that I purchased WAY before I veen started doing this jailbreaking crap...

2006 GSX-R 1000
2001 Mustang Bullitt
1992 Mustang Coupe
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 09:04 AM
"SHOW HIM THE BIRD!"

Quote:
I understand that. I'm talking about apps that I purchased WAY before I veen started doing this jailbreaking crap...
Yea i know you lost your apps from itunes store that you bought. I was just talking about installous.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 11:26 AM
HPP = GHEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider5.0 View Post
Yea i know you lost your apps from itunes store that you bought. I was just talking about installous.
there is a much better way to get them then installous....

download them thru a torrent... do a virus/malware/wtf ever you wanna do scan on them.. then load the file/files to itunes via the add folder/file command...

and WHAMMY!!! there you go.. sync your phone with the apps you want...

http://thepiratebay.org/search/iphone/0/7/400

http://thepiratebay.org/search/iphone/0/5/300,400

Quote:

Quote:
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!

Last edited by Turbo5.4; 09-24-2009 at 11:31 AM.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 11:50 AM
is chilaxing

I downloaded the Texas map for navigon, but when it was complete, I went to the download tab and it wasn't there. I did it twice and same thing. How do I find it and install it? I did this thru Installous.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 11:51 AM
HPP = GHEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
I downloaded the Texas map for navigon, but when it was complete, I went to the download tab and it wasn't there. I did it twice and same thing. How do I find it and install it? I did this thru Installous.
it should install automatically unless you clicked download instead of install.. if you clicked download then goto installous and click downloads then click the thing you want to install...

Quote:

Quote:
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 11:54 AM
Lifer

I used the PirateBay to find a torrent for Navigon (N. America), removed all the maps I wont use via WinRAR, then drug the .ipa into iTunes and sync'd. Works perfect.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 11:55 AM
is chilaxing

Quote:
it should install automatically unless you clicked download instead of install.. if you clicked download then goto installous and click downloads then click the thing you want to install...

That's the thing, it's not in the "download" section.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 11:58 AM
HPP = GHEY

Quote:
That's the thing, it's not in the "download" section.
well where did you dl it from appscene?

are you SURE it completed.. even though they dont complete they are still there. maybe there was a issue i would re dl it

Quote:

Quote:
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 12:04 PM
is chilaxing

Only links that pop up are 4shared. One of them has all the maps, other one is California only. Both time I dl'd, it said 100% complete, but it never made it to download section.
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 12:12 PM
HPP = GHEY

Quote:
Only links that pop up are 4shared. One of them has all the maps, other one is California only. Both time I dl'd, it said 100% complete, but it never made it to download section.
click install instead of DL... try that... 4shard is pretty quick...

Quote:

Quote:
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Lifer

For files over 50mb I always either find the .ipa on PirateBay or go to http://appulo.us and download it there (it looks the same as it does on the iphone, same links and everything), then just drag and drop the .ipa into itunes and sync.
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 12:14 PM
is chilaxing

Quote:
click install instead of DL... try that... 4shard is pretty quick...
It only gives me the download option and the play option(youtube).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dville_gt View Post
For files over 50mb I always either find the .ipa on PirateBay or go to http://appulo.us and download it there (it looks the same as it does on the iphone, same links and everything), then just drag and drop the .ipa into itunes and sync.
I'll try the sync way and see what happens.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 12:37 PM
HPP = GHEY

Quote:
It only gives me the download option and the play option(youtube).

I'll try the sync way and see what happens.

you sure your clicking on the right link???

Quote:

Quote:
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 12:39 PM
HPP = GHEY

you know a way i could DL podcasts that cost? lol...

i havent really researched it yet but its a PITA so far...

Quote:

Quote:
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 12:39 PM
is chilaxing

I think I just found out what I was doing. I was downloading the actual maps itself which are not .ipa files. The maps are .map, so I'm guessing that's the problem.
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 01:47 PM
is chilaxing

I ended up installing the whole thing. I couldn't figure out how to install maps I want. I tried to use winrar to edit what maps I want, but there are no folders. It's just the one .ipa file only.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 02:10 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I ended up installing the whole thing. I couldn't figure out how to install maps I want. I tried to use winrar to edit what maps I want, but there are no folders. It's just the one .ipa file only.
you open the .ipa with winrar and there will be folders inside.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 04:31 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

sweet... so do you need to jailbreak when installing torrent based programs? I will be getting an iphone soon...just trying to plan ahead

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement