I hate apple!!!! - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
HPP = GHEY
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Listening to 01svtboy BITCH about his trailer!!!
Posts: 2,894
I hate apple!!!!

I was downloading another app from cydia and everything was going smooth till it said restart springboard.. i did it..

SILVER APPLE OF DEATH!!!!!


anyone have any luck with the 3gs 3.1 unlock and jailbreak???

Nick's Custom Detailing 214-205-1287

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybo View Post
Don't care if you do. This is not going to be another talk about Kenny's Cobalt thread. I know what my other car runs and I am proud of it. It might be hard for you to swallow that pill, but there are lots of 4 bangers that run 13s and better. SRT-4 Neons, Cobalt SS's, Saturn Sky Redline's and Evo's do it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!
Turbo5.4 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 09:06 AM
CHAMPION
 
Bullitt3246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 4,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo5.4 View Post
I was downloading another app from cydia and everything was going smooth till it said restart springboard.. i did it..

SILVER APPLE OF DEATH!!!!!


anyone have any luck with the 3gs 3.1 unlock and jailbreak???
So it updated you to 3.1? If so that BLOWS!


2006 GSX-R 1000
2001 Mustang Bullitt
1992 Mustang Coupe
Bullitt3246 is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 09:10 AM
"SHOW HIM THE BIRD!"
 
raider5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: fortworth
Posts: 1,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo5.4 View Post
I was downloading another app from cydia and everything was going smooth till it said restart springboard.. i did it..

SILVER APPLE OF DEATH!!!!!


anyone have any luck with the 3gs 3.1 unlock and jailbreak???
What app was it?
raider5.0 is offline  
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Now in the ATX!!
 
LZRREDGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The Grove
Posts: 1,573
Hahahahahaha sucks to be you. J/p Just get a blackberry.
LZRREDGT is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 01:44 PM
11-05-09
 
Osiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oh- sai- rus.
Posts: 21,428
So explain this silver apple? No way to reformat?
Osiris is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 01:49 PM
phuk therd gier
 
SY04Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: plano
Posts: 1,956
yeah you can bring it to the apple store and have them do a hard restore- basically a reformat, but youll lose all your shit

04 converted V8
SY04Mustang is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 02:33 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: dville
Posts: 1,034
why not follow the instructions for restoring to 3.0 from you on-file cydia shsh (assuming you had cydia capture your ecid shsh).
dville_gt is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
HPP = GHEY
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Listening to 01svtboy BITCH about his trailer!!!
Posts: 2,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by raider5.0 View Post
What app was it?
pop up blocker... it was thru cydia...

i got it fixed thanks to sauris... i was also on 3.0.1 and now i am on 3.0 since it wouldnt do the 3.0.1 firmware.. but soon enough it will..

i am all fine now... i am just alittle worried about doing it all lol.. one good thing is i just backed it up so i went thru and got alot of files...

I did lose alot of my custom shit... but oh well... i think its better now... apple is still a bitch.. this is my 2nd 3gs and it seems to be getting warm...

Nick's Custom Detailing 214-205-1287

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybo View Post
Don't care if you do. This is not going to be another talk about Kenny's Cobalt thread. I know what my other car runs and I am proud of it. It might be hard for you to swallow that pill, but there are lots of 4 bangers that run 13s and better. SRT-4 Neons, Cobalt SS's, Saturn Sky Redline's and Evo's do it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!
Turbo5.4 is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 09:59 AM
老师
 
Neiladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: OKC
Posts: 12,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo5.4 View Post
pop up blocker... it was thru cydia...

i got it fixed thanks to sauris... i was also on 3.0.1 and now i am on 3.0 since it wouldnt do the 3.0.1 firmware.. but soon enough it will..

i am all fine now... i am just alittle worried about doing it all lol.. one good thing is i just backed it up so i went thru and got alot of files...

I did lose alot of my custom shit... but oh well... i think its better now... apple is still a bitch.. this is my 2nd 3gs and it seems to be getting warm...
Soooo.....you're bitching about Apple because they're trying to protect themselves against copyright infringement?
Neiladin is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 10:08 AM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12
has nothing to do with copyrights. they lock your phone! If I pay for it I should be able to put any program on it I wish.

Apple wants you do run only what THEY approve of and make you buy it through them. Jailbraking the phone allows other developers to prosper. Apple is like the government. If they cant profit from it they don't want you to do it.
SCK1K is offline  
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 02:35 PM
How you doin'
 
STANGGT40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: 8 Rib > 6 Rib
Posts: 28,254
can you jailbreak if you have 3.1 (without going back to 3.0X or whatever)?
STANGGT40 is offline  
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
HPP = GHEY
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Listening to 01svtboy BITCH about his trailer!!!
Posts: 2,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCK1K View Post
has nothing to do with copyrights. they lock your phone! If I pay for it I should be able to put any program on it I wish.

Apple wants you do run only what THEY approve of and make you buy it through them. Jailbraking the phone allows other developers to prosper. Apple is like the government. If they cant profit from it they don't want you to do it.
SO FUCKING TRUE!!!!

Apple was one of the few to be different.. now the iphone has changed that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANGGT40 View Post
can you jailbreak if you have 3.1 (without going back to 3.0X or whatever)?


not yet... unless you have a mac from my understanding...

Nick's Custom Detailing 214-205-1287

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybo View Post
Don't care if you do. This is not going to be another talk about Kenny's Cobalt thread. I know what my other car runs and I am proud of it. It might be hard for you to swallow that pill, but there are lots of 4 bangers that run 13s and better. SRT-4 Neons, Cobalt SS's, Saturn Sky Redline's and Evo's do it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!
Turbo5.4 is offline  
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 03:14 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: dville
Posts: 1,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo5.4 View Post
SO FUCKING TRUE!!!!

not yet... unless you have a mac from my understanding...
3.1 can be jailbroken if you have a mac to do it on and are jailbreaking a 2g or 3g, no support for the 3gs or pc users yet.
dville_gt is offline  
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 02:19 PM
How you doin'
 
STANGGT40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: 8 Rib > 6 Rib
Posts: 28,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by dville_gt View Post
3.1 can be jailbroken if you have a mac to do it on and are jailbreaking a 2g or 3g, no support for the 3gs or pc users yet.
my wife has a 3g with 3.1 and we don't have a mac...i guess i'll just wait.
STANGGT40 is offline  
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: dville
Posts: 1,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANGGT40 View Post
my wife has a 3g with 3.1 and we don't have a mac...i guess i'll just wait.
there are instructions on taking a 3g back from 3.1 to 3.0 which is easy to jailbreak.
dville_gt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome