Jailbreak Iphone 3.1... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
HPP = GHEY

iPhone 3.1...

http://www.saurik.com/id/12

i havent tried it yet... so idk if it will be easy...

Nick's Custom Detailing 214-205-1287

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybo View Post
Don't care if you do. This is not going to be another talk about Kenny's Cobalt thread. I know what my other car runs and I am proud of it. It might be hard for you to swallow that pill, but there are lots of 4 bangers that run 13s and better. SRT-4 Neons, Cobalt SS's, Saturn Sky Redline's and Evo's do it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!

Last edited by Turbo5.4; 09-15-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Lifer

the dev team kicks ass.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 12:32 PM
CHAMPION

Thats looks difficult. Let US know what happens after you try it?

2006 GSX-R 1000
2001 Mustang Bullitt
1992 Mustang Coupe

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
HPP = GHEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt3246 View Post
Thats looks difficult. Let US know what happens after you try it?
lol... i have itunes already redirected and what not.. i am going to do my moms 3g iphone first before i do my 3gs... since i am on tmobile...

should be easy but the instructions make it sound like it will be hell...

Quote:
Don't care if you do. This is not going to be another talk about Kenny's Cobalt thread. I know what my other car runs and I am proud of it. It might be hard for you to swallow that pill, but there are lots of 4 bangers that run 13s and better. SRT-4 Neons, Cobalt SS's, Saturn Sky Redline's and Evo's do it all the time.

Quote:
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 01:47 PM
Lifer

Looks like it'll only be hell if you already upgraded to 3.1 and want to go back to 3.0 on the 3g[S]

If you have a 3g[S] on 3.0 or 3.0.1 and you had Cydia sign your ECID SHSH then all you have to do is simply:

Step 1- Redirect iTunes to the Cydia server for approval.

For OS X:
1) Open Terminal
2) sudo pico /etc/hosts
3) Paste 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com at the end of the text
4) Ctrl-x to Exit

For Vista:
1) Browse to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories
2) Right click "Notepad" and select "Run as administrator"
3) Click "Continue" on the UAC prompt
4) Click File -> Open
5) Browse to "CWindows\System32\Drivers\etc"
6) Change the file filter drop down box from "Text Documents (*.txt)" to "All Files (*.*)"
7) Select "hosts" and click "Open"
8) Paste 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com at the end of the text
9) Save & Exit

Step 2 - Open iTunes, hold shift (or the option key in mac) then press the restore, it should offer you a list of firmwares, pick the one corrisponding with your phone and 3.0.

Then when iTunes is supposedly contacting Apples servers asking for permission, Cydia's servers give it the go-ahead (thanks to the fact that they have what Apple sent them when they requested 3.0 before 3.1 came out and they started blocking 3.0).

This is all assuming you got on Cydia between the time he started offering the ECID capture and when 3.1 came out (which was a small window).

Also, all of this only applies to the 3g[S], the 3g and 2g just need to do #2 and they can go backwards firmware (although the if they have already gone to 3.1 the baseband will not change and 3.1's baseband is not unlockable yet).
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 02:47 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dville_gt View Post
If you have a 3g[S] on 3.0 or 3.0.1 and you had Cydia sign your ECID SHSH...

How would I have done this? I attempted to jailbreak mine using purplera1n but it kept locking up at the awaiting reboot step...
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
HPP = GHEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
How would I have done this? I attempted to jailbreak mine using purplera1n but it kept locking up at the awaiting reboot step...
oh NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo!!!!!

what firmware are you on???? please dont say 3.1 lol... if so your gonna have to wait till they have a different version out...

is your phone locked/bricked???

you need to do step one where you add the 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com at the end of the text and tonight cydia is supposed to have the little heart at the top you can click and it will store yoru info so you can do it when they new jailbreak becomes available...

Quote:

Quote:
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 05:31 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

I think I'll give this a roll on the weekend.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 09:30 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo5.4 View Post

what firmware are you on???? please dont say 3.1 lol... if so your gonna have to wait till they have a different version out...

you need to do step one where you add the 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com at the end of the text and tonight cydia is supposed to have the little heart at the top you can click and it will store yoru info so you can do it when they new jailbreak becomes available...
Will it log the ECID and such if you've never done it before, but are still on 3.0.1?

Yes, I read the link, but it didn't make much sense and seemed to be more for the 3g[s]. I have a lowly 3g

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 11:42 PM
Lifer

the 3g and the 3g[s] are totally different when it comes to these matters. for the 3g[s] apple has to sign off on any firmware that you want to put on your phone, and it sends a chunk of the firmware to apple so they know you are not cheating. for the 3g you can downgrade to 3.0 at any point because you dont have to have apples permission (just hold shift (or option) then hit restore, select correct firmware). for the 3g[s] you would have needed to have cydia obtain your ecid before 3.1 came out, if you did that then direct itunes to the cydia server, then when your 3g[s] request permission to download the 3.0 firmware, cydia sends back the okay that it got before 3.1 came out (thus sending an okay for 3.0 or 3.0.1 f/w).

everyone with a 3g[s] should change their host files to point itunes to cydia's server, even if you didnt have cydia obtain your file, because if they do not have your file on hand (in which case you are forced to go to apple for permission), they will forward the request to apple, then when apple approves your 3.1 firmware the cydia server will then save the ecid shsh for 3.1 (which will be valuable later once the 3.1 jailbreak is out), so then in the future you can always get permission to go back to 3.1 (which will be jailbroken) even if apple comes out with a new firmware and stops signing off on 3.1

wheewww, hope thats understandable.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 12:04 AM
Lifer

Quote:

3.0.1 3Gs
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 06:30 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
3.0.1 3Gs
best thing you can do now is just jailbreak with redsnow .8 using 3.0.0 firmware file (see my how-to thread). then when 3.1's exploit is released upgrade to the 3.1 firmware, re-jailbreak, then make sure you have your host file redirect itunes request to saurik's server (see above) so that you will always be able to downgrade to a jailbreak-able firmware version.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
HPP = GHEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by dville_gt View Post
best thing you can do now is just jailbreak with redsnow .8 using 3.0.0 firmware file (see my how-to thread). then when 3.1's exploit is released upgrade to the 3.1 firmware, re-jailbreak, then make sure you have your host file redirect itunes request to saurik's server (see above) so that you will always be able to downgrade to a jailbreak-able firmware version.
yeap....

idk what all the 3.1 includes as i havent really looked... i already have mms and all...

dville...

i am trying to get teh mms to work on my friends 3gs i jailbroke it and unlocked it just like i did mine... i went into network to goto carrier settings and it wasent there.. when i try to download teh APN app in cydia it crashes.. any other way you can think to have the apn settings show.. i still have itunes 8.2.1

dav
i am also on the 3.0.1 firmware on the 3gs...

Quote:

Quote:
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 01:34 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

So I can jailbreak mine with redsn0w 0.8 until the 3.1 jailbreak is out? I don't have to worry about the ECID bs?

My head is spinning from the 3g/3g[s] confusion surounding this issue.

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 02:12 PM
How you doin'

if you jailbreak an iphone, does it no longer receive updates and are there any problems with syncing with your computer, etc? i'm not familiar with all of this stuff, so i'm just curious about what the upsides and downsides are to it.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
dville...

i am trying to get teh mms to work on my friends 3gs i jailbroke it and unlocked it just like i did mine... i went into network to goto carrier settings and it wasent there.. when i try to download teh APN app in cydia it crashes.. any other way you can think to have the apn settings show.. i still have itunes 8.2.1
i'll be honest, i use textfree for all my texting as i only have the 200 text plan (figure why not save 15 bucks a month). have you tried reinstalling cydia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
So I can jailbreak mine with redsn0w 0.8 until the 3.1 jailbreak is out? I don't have to worry about the ECID bs?

My head is spinning from the 3g/3g[s] confusion surounding this issue.
if you have a 3g none of this ECID stuff means anything to you. if you are on 3.0.1 you can easily jailbreak with redsnow .8 and 3.0.0 firmware, or if you want you can now jailbreak the new 3.1 using Pwnage tool 3.1 (as long as you have a Mac, no Windows version yet). If you want to do the 3.1 jailbreak read up on it here (http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...l-3-1-mac.html)... this is only good for 2g and 3g, no 3gs 3.1 jailbreak yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANGGT40 View Post
if you jailbreak an iphone, does it no longer receive updates and are there any problems with syncing with your computer, etc? i'm not familiar with all of this stuff, so i'm just curious about what the upsides and downsides are to it.
you still receive updates to firmware(although you should never upgrade firmware until the dev team has "okay'ed" it, and when you upgrade firmware you will have to re-jailbreak)

your appstore and itunes stuff is untouched

sync'ing is exactly the same

upsides - unleashes the iphone to be a real mini-computer
downsides - apple is a bunch of dbags who keep trying new ways to prevent this.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
HPP = GHEY

its not cydia that crashes its the damn APN Editor or whatever its called... it says error... app not installed... i think i am going to install the tmobile items i have and then see if i can set their network to att...

Quote:

Quote:
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement