I think Itunes just screwed me. - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
yes, jluv
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 17,073
I think Itunes just screwed me.

So I'm pretty new to Itunes and downloading stuff. I just installed Itunes on my computer a couple of weeks ago. After having an Iphone for a year now, I finally hooked it up to my computer and got my phone updated through Itunes, which made it work SOOOOO much better. I also spent many, many hours putting all of my CDs into Itunes, and even bought and downloaded several songs from the Itunes store.

So about an hour ago, I open up Itunes to put a few new CDs that I just bought into my Itunes library. When I opened Itunes, it told me there was an update available (9.0.0), and asked me if I wanted to install the update. I clicked yes, and over the next several minutes it downloaded the update and attempted to install it. Towards the end of the install, I got an error message saying that it could not install correctly. At this point, I had no clue what to do next. So I start navigating through Itunes like normal, and click Help, and Diagnostics, thinking that maybe it would tell me what, if anything, was wrong. It walks me through several steps. One of those steps was to connect my Iphone to check the connectivity. When I connected my Iphone, it told me there was an update available for my phone, and asked me if I wanted to install it. I click yes, and after several minutes, just like the Itunes update, it gives me an error message, and puts me back to the Itunes main page.

So back on the Itunes page, it does not show my Iphone listed under the devices, even though it is plugged in. My Iphone has an Icon that shows a USB cable plugged into a CD and the word "Itunes". The phone won't do anything, and it isn't showing under Devices in Itunes, so I can't eject it like I normally would, so I just unplug it. Now, my phone will only show that Itunes/USB picture, and will not do anything else. After a few seconds, it turns off, and when I turn it back on, it's back to that picture again. It will not do shit.

I close Itunes and restart my computer. Aftre the restart, I open Itunes, and get a couple of error messages saying that something isn't working correctly, and I need to reinstall Itunes.

Is that going to start me over from scratch? Am I going to lose everything I put in ITunes from my CDs, and the stuff I bought from the Itunes store?

Any helpful advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
jluv is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
yes, jluv
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 17,073
Man, this is seriously fucked up. I read online that when I uninstall and reinstall Itunes, it won't lose my music. Cool!

So, I uninstalled it. Tried to reinstall it, and I get an error message telling me that "Ipod service will not start", and it cancels the entire install. WTF?!?!

So my phone won't work, and my Itunes won't work. This is bullshit.
jluv is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 07:31 PM
HPP = GHEY
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Listening to 01svtboy BITCH about his trailer!!!
Posts: 2,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv View Post
Man, this is seriously fucked up. I read online that when I uninstall and reinstall Itunes, it won't lose my music. Cool!

So, I uninstalled it. Tried to reinstall it, and I get an error message telling me that "Ipod service will not start", and it cancels the entire install. WTF?!?!

So my phone won't work, and my Itunes won't work. This is bullshit.
that sucks!!!!

you need to get itunes to install... then your phone will need to be restored to the last known point...

make sure all the itune/apple process's are closed before install itunes...

Nick's Custom Detailing 214-205-1287

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybo View Post
Don't care if you do. This is not going to be another talk about Kenny's Cobalt thread. I know what my other car runs and I am proud of it. It might be hard for you to swallow that pill, but there are lots of 4 bangers that run 13s and better. SRT-4 Neons, Cobalt SS's, Saturn Sky Redline's and Evo's do it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!
Turbo5.4 is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
yes, jluv
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 17,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo5.4 View Post
that sucks!!!!

you need to get itunes to install... then your phone will need to be restored to the last known point...

make sure all the itune/apple process's are closed before install itunes...
I can't get Itunes to install. After going through what seems like 95% of the process, it gives me an error message saying "Ipod Services cannot start", and I can retry or cancel. Those are my only options. I did retry several times, same result. When I click cancel, it quits the install.

This sucks balls.
jluv is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
yes, jluv
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 17,073
Well fuck, I think I may have it working again soon.

I was able to reinstall Itunes, after uninstalling everything in my control panel that had to do with Apple, including Itunes, Quicktime, Bonjour, Safari, and a ton of smaller applications. I had to delete all of my cookies and screw around with my User Account Controls and my firewall. Waaaay too complicated for a guy like me, but somehow I got Itunes working again.

I am restoring my Iphone right now. It's taking several minutes. I hope I don't lose all of my contacts and whatnot. Ugh.

What a fucking pain in the ass. Fuck Apple.
jluv is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 08:58 PM
CHAMPION
 
Bullitt3246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 4,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv View Post
Well fuck, I think I may have it working again soon.

I was able to reinstall Itunes, after uninstalling everything in my control panel that had to do with Apple, including Itunes, Quicktime, Bonjour, Safari, and a ton of smaller applications. I had to delete all of my cookies and screw around with my User Account Controls and my firewall. Waaaay too complicated for a guy like me, but somehow I got Itunes working again.

I am restoring my Iphone right now. It's taking several minutes. I hope I don't lose all of my contacts and whatnot. Ugh.

What a fucking pain in the ass. Fuck Apple.
if you never had any contacts sync lately you will probably lose anything and everything that you installed on your phone after your last sync date.

I try to pick a set day and re-sync my phone each month, just incase this happens it doesnt go back to a year ago when I sync'd it last. You should always sync your contacts at least once every 2 weeks if you add anything new to it...

Just my 2cents. Ive lost a bunch of contacts before bc I hadnt sync'd in a while and my phone messed up....I have 500+ #'s in my phone...lol


2006 GSX-R 1000
2001 Mustang Bullitt
1992 Mustang Coupe
Bullitt3246 is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
yes, jluv
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 17,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt3246 View Post
if you never had any contacts sync lately you will probably lose anything and everything that you installed on your phone after your last sync date.

I try to pick a set day and re-sync my phone each month, just incase this happens it doesnt go back to a year ago when I sync'd it last. You should always sync your contacts at least once every 2 weeks if you add anything new to it...

Just my 2cents. Ive lost a bunch of contacts before bc I hadnt sync'd in a while and my phone messed up....I have 500+ #'s in my phone...lol
Everything is working now. Luckily I didn't lose anything, from what I can tell. I plugged this thing in for the first time just a couple of weeks ago, so everything was up to date.
jluv is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Banned
 
poopnut2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Fence
Posts: 20,196
I've been declining that update for months for no reason...until now. Thanks for the heads up and I hope you get your shit all worked out!
poopnut2 is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 08:18 AM
HPP = GHEY
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Listening to 01svtboy BITCH about his trailer!!!
Posts: 2,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
I've been declining that update for months for no reason...until now. Thanks for the heads up and I hope you get your shit all worked out!
fuck apple and them making stupid shit!!!

i cant wait for them to release the iphone to multiple GSM carriers... supposed to happen next year we will see if that shit happens...

Nick's Custom Detailing 214-205-1287

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybo View Post
Don't care if you do. This is not going to be another talk about Kenny's Cobalt thread. I know what my other car runs and I am proud of it. It might be hard for you to swallow that pill, but there are lots of 4 bangers that run 13s and better. SRT-4 Neons, Cobalt SS's, Saturn Sky Redline's and Evo's do it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!
Turbo5.4 is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 02:45 PM
DERP DERP DERP
 
90GT50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Close one eye, step to the side.
Posts: 36,645
Happened to me before a few years ago, no wonder I haven't updated my ipod in a while.

90GT50 is offline  
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 03:02 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
iTunes is the second worst program in existence, right behind QuickTime.

Zune or Songbird for the motherfucking win.

Slowhand is offline  
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 03:17 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: dville
Posts: 1,034
just fyi to the jailbreakers, dont upgrade to 3.1 on your iphone, if you have a 3gs and you upgrade you might not be able to jailbreak again.
dville_gt is offline  
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 03:28 PM
HPP = GHEY
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Listening to 01svtboy BITCH about his trailer!!!
Posts: 2,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by dville_gt View Post
just fyi to the jailbreakers, dont upgrade to 3.1 on your iphone, if you have a 3gs and you upgrade you might not be able to jailbreak again.
dev team is supposed to have a fix for it soon.. if you have a 3g or 3gs you need to go into cydia and click the heart and sync your phone and dont upgrade so you can get your ecid or whatever on file with sauris...

Nick's Custom Detailing 214-205-1287

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybo View Post
Don't care if you do. This is not going to be another talk about Kenny's Cobalt thread. I know what my other car runs and I am proud of it. It might be hard for you to swallow that pill, but there are lots of 4 bangers that run 13s and better. SRT-4 Neons, Cobalt SS's, Saturn Sky Redline's and Evo's do it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!
Turbo5.4 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome