xbox live and EVDO troubles. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Location: If I listened to you, i would have a mustang just like yours!
xbox live and EVDO troubles.

I recently got an xbox 360, and had hoped to get it on xbox live at the house. I am on Verizon's evdo, I consistently see 1.0mbps+ 300kbps.

I have my usb modem on internet connection sharing, and it is set up to allow my rj45 nic card to allow my xbox to see the internet. The ports that xbox support wants open have been opened in my firewall, and there is no router in this setup.

I can access live intermittently from the aim dashboard, but never from inside a game.

at this point I am thinking that Verizon has blocked access to the xbox servers, or there is a low bandwidth filter somehow. with my 1mbps I can raid 25 man instances in WoW, so that doesn't seem like it would be the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions? thanks in advance,
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 05:20 AM
老师

Xbox live is an internet hog. It uses lots and lots of bandwidth, so your speed is probably not up to snuff for the xbox. I know, it sucks.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 05:40 AM
duh...duh....duh

Are you monitoring bandwidth usage when trying to use XBOX Live? I too would want to think that it would be slow to load or something as opposed to just simply not working, however if you see it peg at 100% or near it - you'll know that is a problem.

I personally have never monitored my XBOX's bandwidth usage for specifics.

THere is this thread..

http://www.evdoforums.com/thread4308.html

What is your latency? That could definetly be an issue and I had forgotten about that until that link...

You're one of THOSE guys in the raid huh?

My '03 Sold.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Location: If I listened to you, i would have a mustang just like yours!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
Are you monitoring bandwidth usage when trying to use XBOX Live? I too would want to think that it would be slow to load or something as opposed to just simply not working, however if you see it peg at 100% or near it - you'll know that is a problem.

I personally have never monitored my XBOX's bandwidth usage for specifics.

THere is this thread..

http://www.evdoforums.com/thread4308.html

What is your latency? That could definetly be an issue and I had forgotten about that until that link...

You're one of THOSE guys in the raid huh?
on evdo RA, i usually see 1.2-1.6 mbps down and 300kbps-500kbps up. when live is running im pulling 40-50kbps down 10-15kbps up.

In a raid, ping at bandwith arent a problem, i am consistent.

I now think that when the EVDO searches for another tower "there isnt one" it has a single ping spike of 500-700 and then back to 100~. but its enough to kick me from xboxlive
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 07:33 PM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceman85turbo View Post
on evdo RA, i usually see 1.2-1.6 mbps down and 300kbps-500kbps up. when live is running im pulling 40-50kbps down 10-15kbps up.

In a raid, ping at bandwith arent a problem, i am consistent.

I now think that when the EVDO searches for another tower "there isnt one" it has a single ping spike of 500-700 and then back to 100~. but its enough to kick me from xboxlive
Ah, so it's corresponding to that spike? ~100ms should not be an issue as you know.

My '03 Sold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement