Any iPhone jailbreakers on here? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Any iPhone jailbreakers on here?

I love my jailbroken iPhone, I cant imagine not having it this way, but everyone I talk to with an iPhone acts like jailbreaking is the work of the devil. This is why none of the other phones seem attractive to me, a jailbroken iPhone does freakin everything. I am currently on a 3gS jailbroken with purplera1n, running Cydia and Installous for apps plus a ton of other utilities.

Whats everyone's setup and favorite Cydia apps?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 01:45 PM
Time Served

I had my 1st gen jailbroken and loved it... when i upgraded to 3.0 I had so many problems I gave up on it... there are a few things i miss... but still love my phone.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 01:49 PM
Packin' up...

Never jailbroke mine, and too lazy to go read on what you can do with a jailbroken phone.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 01:53 PM
Lifer

I was reluctant to jailbreak my iPhone at first but I can't imagine having a regular iPhone now.

Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLilPony
If you call me, I'll have phone sex with you.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 01:57 PM
Lifer

jailbroke mine and I guess I havent found any apps that I cant live without because the only thing I use that I got by jailbreaking it is winterboard, allowing me to use a backgroup picture behind my icons. Other than that, I just use regular apps.

Before 3.0 I did use PDAnet to tether my laptop but now I unlocked the official tethering program and it does a far better job than PDAnet ever did.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Here is a list of my must have jailbroken iPhone app's for v3.

Installous by Appulous allows you to download any "real" iTunes Appstore app for free, and they are legit, they have thousands.

GV Mobile (which recently got yanked from the appstore) is only good for JB'd phones.

Categories lets you make folders so you dont have apps all over.

FiveRowDock lets you have 5 icons in the dock.

Five-Column SB lets you have 5x5 grid of apps.

MIM lets you replace AT&T with whatever you want.

APTBackup lets you back up your Cydia apps.

MPlayer lets you play unconverted .wmv .avi etc. files

OpenSSH lets you have file access to your iPhone to edit/add/remove files.

CyDelete makes it easy to delete Cydia apps.

SBSettings - Allows easy access to turn on and off 3g, Edge, Wifi, SSH, Reload Springboard, shut down, etc.

iMobileCinema - Allows you to play some (not all) flash within Safari

Stack - Allows your last docked app to be a stack of apps that pops out so you can have multiple things in it.

MxTube - Allows you to download Youtube videos for later playback.

Reminder - Allows you to see if you have email, voicemail, missed calls, ect. on your locked screen.

xGPS - Free turn by turn spoken GPS

dTunes - allows you to download and play music/torrents through your iPhone

Backgrounder - allows you to run applications in the background, for example, if you like to listen to Pandora radio you know that you cant have anything else open while listening. With this application you can open Pandora, then minimize it while it is still running in the background and then open another application while still listening to Pandora.

Winterboard - allows full customization of the GUI and allows you to download pre-made themes to your iPhone from Cydia (I currently use Glasklart).

Emulators - I have the psx4iphone and they have NES and Gameboy Advance, I am still tweakin mine to get Grand Turismo 2 to work properly, but it loads, just lagging right now.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 04:22 PM
A+
would read again

i used my 3g as a paper weight for a long time. After jailbreak, i use it alot more. Ive customized the shit out of it. even the little dots at the bottom that show the pages......

***TrueStreet cars run A/C***
"I JUST WANT TO BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM," -kanye west

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Does it make me gay if I stick my finger in another mans ass on a daily basis?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 04:46 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Can you use purplera1n on a 3g?

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 08:09 PM
CHAMPION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lason View Post
jailbroke mine and I guess I havent found any apps that I cant live without because the only thing I use that I got by jailbreaking it is winterboard, allowing me to use a backgroup picture behind my icons. Other than that, I just use regular apps.

Before 3.0 I did use PDAnet to tether my laptop but now I unlocked the official tethering program and it does a far better job than PDAnet ever did.

Mines not jailbroke but Ive had one done before, got old redoing it after updates. But I also liked the pics and different looking icons on the stringboard stuff... or whatever it was..

TETHERING is kick ass. got mine hooked up a few weeks ago and I love it...

2006 GSX-R 1000
2001 Mustang Bullitt
1992 Mustang Coupe
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 08:10 PM
HPP = GHEY

i like installous.....

Nick's Custom Detailing 214-205-1287

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybo View Post
Don't care if you do. This is not going to be another talk about Kenny's Cobalt thread. I know what my other car runs and I am proud of it. It might be hard for you to swallow that pill, but there are lots of 4 bangers that run 13s and better. SRT-4 Neons, Cobalt SS's, Saturn Sky Redline's and Evo's do it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 09:46 PM
CHAMPION

so where is the video or steps to jailbreak the phones? I have a 3G phone

2006 GSX-R 1000
2001 Mustang Bullitt
1992 Mustang Coupe
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dville_gt View Post
Installous by Appulous allows you to download any "real" iTunes Appstore app for free, and they are legit, they have thousands.

Categories lets you make folders so you dont have apps all over.

iMobileCinema - Allows you to play some (not all) flash within Safari

Reminder - Allows you to see if you have email, voicemail, missed calls, ect. on your locked screen.

Backgrounder - allows you to run applications in the background, for example, if you like to listen to Pandora radio you know that you cant have anything else open while listening. With this application you can open Pandora, then minimize it while it is still running in the background and then open another application while still listening to Pandora.

Emulators - I have the psx4iphone and they have NES and Gameboy Advance, I am still tweakin mine to get Grand Turismo 2 to work properly, but it loads, just lagging right now.
Those sound like good ones there. Why do I get the feeling that if I somehow try to unlock my phone I will break it and can't repair it? The fear of something new? Can you repair it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement