Arma 2 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
The Janitor

Arma 2

Arma 2 is out for those of you who want something a bit more realistic than Call of Duty or Battlefield.

Dont be mad when someone picks you off from 450m and you dont even hear the gunshot before it hits, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 02:46 PM
You never go full retard

I played ARMA with 7 others and really loved the game. I can't even imagine how much better the game has gotten with this new release.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Lifer

I got out of pc gaming a long time ago but I might get back into it for this game.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Lifer

Is it out yet?

Don made me remove my sig
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
The Janitor

yep its out.

Me and SlowLX have been rocking it out in Domination 1.0. He calls in the rain as Artillary Observer and i hail the lead as SAW gunner or drive the bus as helo pilot.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 10:56 PM
Lifer

I wish I knew how to play video games.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
The Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I wish I knew how to play video games.
same basic hand-eye skills that it takes to fire your firearms homeslice! =)
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 11:38 AM
You never go full retard

Worth picking up I take it?

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
The Janitor

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
The Janitor

lol

post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 11:45 AM
You never go full retard

That's just sick

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 11:46 AM
You never go full retard

All we ever did was play with 2 squads of 4 on expert mode, 7 times out of 10 the computer would kick our ass.

post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 01:23 PM
fuckcanada

who's all playing?
I just got my gtx's this morning.
I need to get em installed and reload windows on my box, but I definitely want to see how well this i7 plays.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 11:28 AM
You never go full retard

Just got the game installed last night, haven't tried the multiplayer yet, but damn this game is good. Looks like they've upped the computer AI even more. Looks like this is the first game to actually push my videocard.

post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
The Janitor

i play a lot of Domination on the 15th MEU and 7th Cav servers.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Yes I'm...

Holy crap. I may have to get this one.

'98 Camaro SS: Incon twin turbo. Sold
'99 Camaro SS: Heads/cam/bolt-ons. Sold.
'91 Camaro RS: Stock.

2010 Camaro SS: Hell yes.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 09:27 PM
fuckcanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan View Post
Just got the game installed last night, haven't tried the multiplayer yet, but damn this game is good. Looks like they've upped the computer AI even more. Looks like this is the first game to actually push my videocard.
This game seems to be cpu limited especially when you add in a bunch of AI.
I'm still having a hard time finding a good setup where I can get respectable frames.

i7 @ 4.0ghz, 6gb ram, gtx 285 sli, and a pretty quick dual raid 0 arrays (os/games)
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 09:35 PM
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath View Post
This game seems to be cpu limited especially when you add in a bunch of AI.
I'm still having a hard time finding a good setup where I can get respectable frames.

i7 @ 4.0ghz, 6gb ram, gtx 285 sli, and a pretty quick dual raid 0 arrays (os/games)
I'm just running an 3.0ghz x64 6000+, 4gb ram, 9800 GTI and it runs just fine. It takes about 10-15 seconds for all the textures to show up when each map loads.

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
The Janitor

registered my first 1000m sniper kill today. I definately need a spotter as i unloaded like 2 10-round mags before i got the killshot. Wicked hard to adjust for haze,wind, AND drop.

Obviously it helps when you create your own scenario of unarmed civilians 1000m away to practice in, lol.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
The Janitor

post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 03:36 PM
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32VfromHell View Post
registered my first 1000m sniper kill today. I definately need a spotter as i unloaded like 2 10-round mags before i got the killshot. Wicked hard to adjust for haze,wind, AND drop.

Obviously it helps when you create your own scenario of unarmed civilians 1000m away to practice in, lol.
How often do you play?

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
The Janitor

My playing time has narrowed down with work and other activities in the evening, but i try to play arma at least once a week.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 04:12 PM
You never go full retard

Do you typically play team type stuff, co-op, or every man for himself type stuff?

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 05:46 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

I have it for the PC, haven't sat down and played it yet.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
The Janitor

if you are looking for a cinematic style of game, this isnt it. This is for getting killed ruthlessly coldly and performing the same function to the other guys.

Grid coordinates and proper planning help. Its funny when a lot of my teammates from BF2 wouldnt get anything but killed while i would be racking up 80+ kills like it was nothing, simply because they didnt have very good situational awareness.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 02:10 PM
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32VfromHell View Post
if you are looking for a cinematic style of game, this isnt it. This is for getting killed ruthlessly coldly and performing the same function to the other guys.

Grid coordinates and proper planning help. Its funny when a lot of my teammates from BF2 wouldnt get anything but killed while i would be racking up 80+ kills like it was nothing, simply because they didnt have very good situational awareness.
I'd say proper planning is definitely a must.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement