anyone have the Samsung Memoir? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
que?

anyone have the Samsung Memoir?

i don't/won't carry a digital camera since most phones now a days have them. figure this would be a decent camera plus touch screen phone, any opinions?

i have seen one in person but did not get to play with it. it's shorter and a little less wide than the ipone but it is a tiny bit thicker, but it does weigh less. here are some pics if you haven't seen it

Last edited by grove rat; 06-25-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Time Served

I got it almost a month ago, no major complaints yet. I had the Wing before btw... One thing that is annoying at times is unintentionally opening the widgets while scrolling, but I didn't expect an iphone experience as far as the touch interface goes.
The camera is badass I must say with the blink detection thing, GPS is also integrated with taking photos, not exactly sure what it does tho... Oh and Turn by turn GPS kicks ass. One more complaint is no WiFi but I never use my phone for the web so for me it wasn't a big deal. Also, I haven't used the Internet browser as I don't have the data plan. hope that helps.

fast and cheap is not reliable...
reliable and fast is not cheap...
cheap and reliable is not fast...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 06:24 AM Thread Starter
que?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06S197GT View Post
I got it almost a month ago, no major complaints yet. I had the Wing before btw... One thing that is annoying at times is unintentionally opening the widgets while scrolling, but I didn't expect an iphone experience as far as the touch interface goes.
The camera is badass I must say with the blink detection thing, GPS is also integrated with taking photos, not exactly sure what it does tho... Oh and Turn by turn GPS kicks ass. One more complaint is no WiFi but I never use my phone for the web so for me it wasn't a big deal. Also, I haven't used the Internet browser as I don't have the data plan. hope that helps.
do you do alot of txting? i do and wondering how that is on a touchscreen only phone. i read about the no wifi but i heard the tmobile internet is pretty fast. i don't really search the web but i do use the shit out of google maps, does it come with that already installed?

if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for yours?

i see them on craigslist new in box from 250-300...if it's gonna cost me 200 or 225 at tmobile(by signing a 2 year contract) i'll just buy my own and go month to month

got any pics you wanna show off that you took with it? just curious as to how clear the pics are

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 08:29 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by grove rat View Post
do you do alot of txting? i do and wondering how that is on a touchscreen only phone. i read about the no wifi but i heard the tmobile internet is pretty fast. i don't really search the web but i do use the shit out of google maps, does it come with that already installed?

if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for yours?

i see them on craigslist new in box from 250-300...if it's gonna cost me 200 or 225 at tmobile(by signing a 2 year contract) i'll just buy my own and go month to month

got any pics you wanna show off that you took with it? just curious as to how clear the pics are
here is a pic I took of my dog Taken about 10 mins ago

texting is not bad actually (on occasion it does lag behind your fingers if you are a fast texter) no google maps but the app for turn by turn is pretty good IMO and there are some hacks for the phone on the behold website where you can add GPS apps and such.

the phone itself came out to around $275 and that was with two year extension but W/O the mail in rebate.

Last edited by 06S197GT; 06-26-2009 at 08:36 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 05:17 AM Thread Starter
que?

Quote:
here is a pic I took of my dog Taken about 10 mins ago

texting is not bad actually (on occasion it does lag behind your fingers if you are a fast texter) no google maps but the app for turn by turn is pretty good IMO and there are some hacks for the phone on the behold website where you can add GPS apps and such.

the phone itself came out to around $275 and that was with two year extension but W/O the mail in rebate.
damn, nice pic

yea i txt alot but not too fast, shouldn't be a problem

have you tried downloading google maps? it didn't come on my treo or centro(forgot which one) but all i had to do was go to google and download the maps app. if there is no way i can get the google maps app i might have to look around at another phone...i have grown so attached to it

i have a gps in my car so the turn by turn is cool but not necessary(sp?)

thanks for all the info man
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 08:04 PM
Time Served

I cannot DL google maps as I do not have the data plan otherwise it is possible

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
que?

Quote:
I cannot DL google maps as I do not have the data plan otherwise it is possible
oh ok, i'll look around on the internet and see if it's possible. should be
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 08:53 AM
Lifer

I have one and I love it. its my first cool phone lol. I took me a day to get used to, really simple to use. I don't do any internet stuff on my phones, I just call and text. Now I can take bad ass pictues. So for me its perfect to not have to carry a camera (stolen!) and a phone around. You will get used to the widgets...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement