Final Fantasy VII - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
phuk therd gier

Final Fantasy VII

well i downloaded it off PSN yesterday and played it for about 2 hours(ive never played it before) and im not seeing what the big hype is about it.

does it get a lot better as i go on? or is it all pretty much the same as the beginning?

04 converted V8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 09:07 AM
Lifer

It is only the best RPG ever made!! IMO that is. But the first time i played it i hated it to death. It was when it first came out. Played it a few months later because i was bored and man i got hooked. It picks up after you leave Midgard. I'm gonna DL it tonight maybe and start playing it again.

Don't talk about it! Be about it!
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 09:10 AM
AHMO!

You also have to realize when it was made...back in 2000 or whenever it was cutting edge. You stack it up next to ps2/ps3 games now with the way they look/control and it's no contest. But as far as storyline and the game dragging you in it is top notch.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
phuk therd gier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate View Post
You also have to realize when it was made...back in 2000 or whenever it was cutting edge. You stack it up next to ps2/ps3 games now with the way they look/control and it's no contest. But as far as storyline and the game dragging you in it is top notch.
yeah when i started to play it i thought my controller was broken cuz the stick doesnt work.. then i realized the psone didnt have the sticks.

i think ill try to stick it out- cuz everything everyone says is that its one of the best, if not the best rpg ever made...

04 converted V8
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 09:20 AM
$uper $low

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate View Post
Sep 3, 1997 . . . game is OLD!

But damn, i still love it. I still have ff7, ff8, ff9 for ps1. Love the games. Every now and then i'll feel like picking them up and seeing if i can get back into them.

Shit, now i've got to do that tonight. Thanks ass hats.

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 09:36 AM
Time Served

I've beat it three times and got everything, lol 2 legit and once with a g shark, I love FF7, also beat FF8, and FF9 3 times and 10 and 12... and yes FF7 is the best rpg made!

fast and cheap is not reliable...
reliable and fast is not cheap...
cheap and reliable is not fast...
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Banned

Storywise, yes, it's the best rpg IMO. The depth it goes into with the characters is great. I think the gameplay in FF8 is probably better, and the story is almost as good but not quite. Once you leave midgar and get into the history between cloud and sephiroth it gets really good.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
phuk therd gier

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
Storywise, yes, it's the best rpg IMO. The depth it goes into with the characters is great. I think the gameplay in FF8 is probably better, and the story is almost as good but not quite. Once you leave midgar and get into the history between cloud and sephiroth it gets really good.
is 8 the one with the guy with the sword gun(i know it probably has a name, but i dont know it)

04 converted V8
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY04Mustang View Post
is 8 the one with the guy with the sword gun(i know it probably has a name, but i dont know it)
I think they called it a gunblade in the game. The main characters name was Squall.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
phuk therd gier

Quote:
I think they called it a gunblade in the game. The main characters name was Squall.
yeah i played a little of that one when i first got a ps2 years ago, from what i remember that one was really good too. unfortunately i dont have a ps2 anymore(and im sure those games are really expensive now anyways) and my ps3 wont play them

04 converted V8
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 11:27 AM
$uper $low

Quote:
yeah i played a little of that one when i first got a ps2 years ago, from what i remember that one was really good too. unfortunately i dont have a ps2 anymore(and im sure those games are really expensive now anyways) and my ps3 wont play them
playstation emulator.

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
phuk therd gier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
playstation emulator.
??do you download it through the playstation? or download it on your pc and transfer it somehow? and will the ps3 OS recognize any emulator i get?

04 converted V8
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
??do you download it through the playstation? or download it on your pc and transfer it somehow? and will the ps3 OS recognize any emulator i get?

My roommies ps3 plays my original FF7 without any problems. Did you get a later model ps3 after they abandoned the backwards compatibility?
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
phuk therd gier

Quote:
My roommies ps3 plays my original FF7 without any problems. Did you get a later model ps3 after they abandoned the backwards compatibility?
Yeah i got the latest one- you can dl ff7 on PSN now for 10 bucks, but you cant dl the other ones

04 converted V8
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Lifer

Yeah FF VII was the absolute best RPG I ever played. First time I played it I got about 10 hours in and my computer crashed so after getting a new HD I didnt play it till about a year later cause I was bored and I was hooked! Story line is what did it for me I think, graphics are deffinetly outdated by todays standards.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
phuk therd gier

i dont mind the graphics, i just beat dragons quest 4 and it looks awful haha

04 converted V8
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Lifer

Speaking of which FF13 and FF14 are looking to be pretty damn awesome. Also unlocking everything in FF7 is insane. It took me FOREVER to learn how to be Ruby and Emerald Wpn. I actually had to look it up and once i read it i was like wtf i'm a dumbass then kicked their asses. And Knights of the Round is by far the best summon ever.

Last edited by GSXRK5; 06-08-2009 at 04:01 PM. Reason: typo
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
phuk therd gier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRK5 View Post
Speaking of which FF13 and FF14 are looking to be pretty damn awesome. Also unlocking everything in FF7 is insane. It took me FOREVER to learn how to be Ruby and Emerald Wpn. I actually had to look it up and once i read it i was like wtf i'm a dumbass then kicked their asses. And Knights of the Round is by far the best summon ever.
awesome... no idea what youre talking about yet........................

04 converted V8
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRK5 View Post
ya, you know what takes forever is mastering knights of the round. I know I have over 100 hrs on one file just mastering the summons lol. It was worth it once I got to sephiroth, it wasnt even a fight just used KOTR and mimic right after... Done!

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06S197GT View Post
ya, you know what takes forever is mastering knights of the round. I know I have over 100 hrs on one file just mastering the summons lol. It was worth it once I got to sephiroth, it wasnt even a fight just used KOTR and mimic right after... Done!
When mastering materia just put the ones you want to master in a weapon that triples your Ability Points like Clouds apocolypse sword then head down into the north cave and fight magic pots. They're worth like 1000 or 10000 ap each. Cant remember which.

Sephiroth is nothing compared to the big weapons you can fight. Trick is to use W-summon, and HP absorp paired with KOTR so you summon it twice and get 9000+hp each, then mimic with everybody.
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Lifer

Quote:
When mastering materia just put the ones you want to master in a weapon that triples your Ability Points like Clouds apocolypse sword then head down into the north cave and fight magic pots. They're worth like 1000 or 10000 ap each. Cant remember which.

Sephiroth is nothing compared to the big weapons you can fight. Trick is to use W-summon, and HP absorp paired with KOTR so you summon it twice and get 9000+hp each, then mimic with everybody.
The first time i played i didn't read the materia growth info about double/triple/none. Some of the best linked wpns have no growth on them and jacked my first game through. But there after i raped everything.

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Time Served

Quote:

yep thats what I did, and ya I beat all the weapons, I got everything on that game (legit) except for all of the enemy skill moves; I did get shadow flare tho

post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 07:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06S197GT View Post
yep thats what I did, and ya I beat all the weapons, I got everything on that game (legit) except for all of the enemy skill moves; I did get shadow flare tho
I got all of the Eskills. I even went so far as to collect all 1/32 soldiers, I think I actually got 33 only to realize that it's a bullshit item that does nothing. I think my fastest chocobo was like 190kph or something nuts like that. I swear I have 400+hrs of my life invested into that game.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement