live in keller, watauga, etc. and been waiting for FIOS? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Formerly 5.0Vert
 
Tangstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 9,823
live in keller, watauga, etc. and been waiting for FIOS?

For those who didn't know, fios is now available for south keller, watauga, NRH, grapevine and some areas in other cities that only had AT&T available before. If you live in one of these areas and have been waiting to get FIOS send me a pm with your address and phone number and I'll see what I can do for you.

-Tyler

Tangstang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 09:24 AM
Lifer
 
PeeWeeC5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: SW Denton
Posts: 4,984
I'd be all over FIOS. Unfortunately we don't have any high speed internet available by us other than satellite so I'm stuck on dial up.. Light a fire under verizons ass to run FIOS out to me...

LPC: 56152
PeeWeeC5 is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 09:30 AM
11-05-09
 
Osiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oh- sai- rus.
Posts: 21,427
Sig check!

Fuck Time warner!
Osiris is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 10:17 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 301
do you work for 20/20?

<a href="http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o467/mustangmike01/?action=view&current=CIMG0234-1-1-1.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o467/mustangmike01/CIMG0234-1-1-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>
Mach1Mike is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 10:19 AM
Packin' up...
 
Skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,736
I'll be in that area in September... Fios is my option, do the technicians for the most part do clean installs?

I don't want wires laying on the floor, etc.
Skidmark is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft Worth
Posts: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark View Post
I'll be in that area in September... Fios is my option, do the technicians for the most part do clean installs?

I don't want wires laying on the floor, etc.
a friend of mine does installs in the area. everytime i tell him i gonna run a line a certain way(usually the easy way) he gets pissed and comes over to run it for me. he does excellent work. he used to do the super high end installs for charter when they needed someone.
big pappa pump is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Formerly 5.0Vert
 
Tangstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 9,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Mike View Post
do you work for 20/20?
nope
peeweec5- all in due time, still waiting myself

brien- yes they do lol. ref- big pappa's post

Tangstang is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 12:50 PM
Packin' up...
 
Skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by big pappa pump View Post
a friend of mine does installs in the area. everytime i tell him i gonna run a line a certain way(usually the easy way) he gets pissed and comes over to run it for me. he does excellent work. he used to do the super high end installs for charter when they needed someone.
Good to know...

Reason I ask is that Dish Network did a real shitty install at my apartment. Now that i'm in my own house, I don't want a botch job.

Fios works how? FI goes thru the phone lines? Then off to the modem, and also connected to TV boxes? Which then have coax cable running to the TVs?
Skidmark is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Formerly 5.0Vert
 
Tangstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 9,823
the fiber is run underground(not phone lines lol) and up to the side of your house, the optical network terminal changes it from light back into electricity so it uses the existing wiring inside your house. They'll drop a cat5 line for you for the internet and use the same coax for your tv's.

Tangstang is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Packin' up...
 
Skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangstang View Post
the fiber is run underground(not phone lines lol) and up to the side of your house, the optical network terminal changes it from light back into electricity so it uses the existing wiring inside your house. They'll drop a cat5 line for you for the internet and use the same coax for your tv's.
Heh, I just wasn't sure how it got in the house, I figured it went thru something.

Are there any diagrams out there for how the box to TV coax need to be ran? I need to plan ahead so I can get wires dropped in the house before they sheetrock.

EX: One box controls 1 or 2 tvs? One coax in, two out to the tvs? I'm sure you may have a PDF or something on hand

I appreciate it
Skidmark is offline  
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Licking the windows!
 
MireFire 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: In the tall grass with Snake Doctor
Posts: 3,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark View Post
Heh, I just wasn't sure how it got in the house, I figured it went thru something.

Are there any diagrams out there for how the box to TV coax need to be ran? I need to plan ahead so I can get wires dropped in the house before they sheetrock.

EX: One box controls 1 or 2 tvs? One coax in, two out to the tvs? I'm sure you may have a PDF or something on hand

I appreciate it

Here you go Brien...


"Friends" help you move......."Real Friends" help you move bodies!

GIFSoup
MireFire 2.0 is offline  
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Formerly 5.0Vert
 
Tangstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 9,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark View Post
Heh, I just wasn't sure how it got in the house, I figured it went thru something.

Are there any diagrams out there for how the box to TV coax need to be ran? I need to plan ahead so I can get wires dropped in the house before they sheetrock.

EX: One box controls 1 or 2 tvs? One coax in, two out to the tvs? I'm sure you may have a PDF or something on hand

I appreciate it
no PDF's, hope you can make out mirefire's drawing, basically, 1 box per tv.

Tangstang is offline  
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 09:11 PM
.
 
cbrjames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Watauga
Posts: 5,408
You know, it's been a while since Verizon came and butchered up my front yard to run that shit, it's about damn time. Too bad I'm waiting for Uverse....
cbrjames is offline  
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Formerly 5.0Vert
 
Tangstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 9,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrjames View Post
You know, it's been a while since Verizon came and butchered up my front yard to run that shit, it's about damn time. Too bad I'm waiting for Uverse....
why on earth ya waiting for Uverse james? They only run fiber to the node and they have a lot of flaws. shoot me a pm if you have a minute.

Tangstang is offline  
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 06:24 AM
duh...duh....duh
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ES BEER
Posts: 9,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangstang View Post
why on earth ya waiting for Uverse james? They only run fiber to the node and they have a lot of flaws. shoot me a pm if you have a minute.
My buddy and I are both Network Engineers. I have FIOS and he has Uverse (Only options for each of us). We both concur that FIOS is preferred.

My '03 Sold.
ceyko is offline  
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark View Post
Heh, I just wasn't sure how it got in the house, I figured it went thru something.

Are there any diagrams out there for how the box to TV coax need to be ran? I need to plan ahead so I can get wires dropped in the house before they sheetrock.

EX: One box controls 1 or 2 tvs? One coax in, two out to the tvs? I'm sure you may have a PDF or something on hand

I appreciate it
You can get the multi room dvr which records 2 other rooms with recievers. Its extra a month thou.

<a href="http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o467/mustangmike01/?action=view&current=CIMG0234-1-1-1.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o467/mustangmike01/CIMG0234-1-1-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>
Mach1Mike is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome