PS3 COD4 players - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Big "foot"
 
BLAKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Around
Posts: 19,217
PS3 COD4 players

I think we need a battle plan for getting together and kicking ass.

One problem is that you're kind of divorced from the community when you're in a match, so it's hard to invite and get a lot of players together without sitting and waiting for 10ish minutes. A solution to that is making your invites, and then starting a private match, because when people get the invite, they can accept and pop right in. The only down side is that when we have enough players for something else (4+ in my opinion) and bail out of the private match, you have to re-invite people.

Another thing is deciding the best game modes to play in once we're together. I'm certainly open to suggestions on what to do when we have 4+ players. I've said before that Team Deathmatch is just fine with me, but if you want to go fancy with hardcore, ground war, headquarters type stuff, I'm game. I do think we should usually go with the majority here though, and agree on the game type here before we start.

If we have 2-3 players: Private match free for all. It's pretty fun and is definitely interesting while you wait for more players.

Thoughts?

BLAKE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 09:49 PM
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS
 
milk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: OC BITCH!!
Posts: 6,740
I agree on a game plan. I play with a few guys(clan) i met but we all just go our own wayz and kill. The other day though we played a group of guys that had a badass gameplan. They were always together and were unstoppable. We can do a private free for all with eachother instead of killing eachother we can create routes and gameplans etc..... LMK Im game




MILK
milk is offline  
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Big "foot"
 
BLAKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Around
Posts: 19,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by milk View Post
I agree on a game plan. I play with a few guys(clan) i met but we all just go our own wayz and kill. The other day though we played a group of guys that had a badass gameplan. They were always together and were unstoppable. We can do a private free for all with eachother instead of killing eachother we can create routes and gameplans etc..... LMK Im game




MILK
Hell yeah, I'd like to go SEAL style in a badass leap-frogging group, instead of run-around-and-get-shot style by myself, lol.

I think I have a good grip on every map. In fact, we should all study these...

http://www.freewebs.com/guerrillawar...ciety/maps.htm

Good maps with labeled spots.

For instance, we could be at Overgrown, start at the East House, make our way through the East Riverbed to the Barn. Send some snipers in, one goes all the way through to the big rock east of the Hayfield. They provide cover fire for the rest to storm Grandma's House.

Who could stop us if we were all working the same objective?


BLAKE is offline  
 
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 11:11 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Badass idea, man. I'll have to sit out until I'm back in DFW and have reliable internet again, but count me in once I'm good to go.

Slowhand is offline  
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 12:01 AM
Sonic Blue :O
 
Nemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: im scared...
Posts: 2,525
im down for some tam tactical

Nemo is offline  
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 12:11 AM
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
Thats one of the reasons I like hardcore modes. I prefer the more realistic approach. I got to play with my entire clan earlier today for the first time in some time and it was a blast. Coordinated movement, and reports, etc. I really love Hardcore S&D, with the only downside running into those who want to noobtube.
I'll play DM, but like I said, I prefer hardcore and thats pretty much all I play when it's up to me.
I'm down to play any night except Tuesday night this week.
Hollywood is offline  
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 08:40 AM
is chilaxing
 
Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,760
I'm down with this. Might have the game till this weekend or so. Need SF4 back. I've been getting called out all weekend. LOL
Rafa is offline  
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Alvarado, Tx - B.F.E.
Posts: 599
I'm up for Team Deathmatch, Search and Destroy or getting together and fighting against each other.

HARDCORE is gay in my opinion, too many gay snipers..

2001 Arctic White M6 SS - 2005 Iron 6.0, Comp 224 566 115, LS2 Chain, LS6 Pump, TR Pushrods, ARP Rod Bolts, LS6 Intake, Home Built Front Mount MP T-76 Q-Trim Turbo, 60lb Inj, TurboWerx Pump, Racetronix Kit, Spec 3+, - 9psi 545rwhp/542rwtq - More Boost to Come!

*SOLD* '91 Coupe, LS1/TH350, Heads 'n Cam, 6.72 @ 102 N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick96GT View Post
Also, 280lbs ain't a lady.
j99frc is offline  
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by j99frc View Post
I'm up for Team Deathmatch, Search and Destroy or getting together and fighting against each other.

HARDCORE is gay in my opinion, too many gay snipers..

You sound like one of those players that has to have the kill cam so you can find people to kill. There are more snipers in non-hardcore matches then hardcore. You'd think it'd be the other way around.
Hollywood is offline  
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 03:30 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Alvarado, Tx - B.F.E.
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
You sound like one of those players that has to have the kill cam so you can find people to kill. There are more snipers in non-hardcore matches then hardcore. You'd think it'd be the other way around.
You sound like one of those players that pitch a tent and cook some beans waiting for someone to run by. I get business handled without camping.

On COD4, go ahead and snipe, my ak47 answers snipers pretty damn good..

2001 Arctic White M6 SS - 2005 Iron 6.0, Comp 224 566 115, LS2 Chain, LS6 Pump, TR Pushrods, ARP Rod Bolts, LS6 Intake, Home Built Front Mount MP T-76 Q-Trim Turbo, 60lb Inj, TurboWerx Pump, Racetronix Kit, Spec 3+, - 9psi 545rwhp/542rwtq - More Boost to Come!

*SOLD* '91 Coupe, LS1/TH350, Heads 'n Cam, 6.72 @ 102 N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick96GT View Post
Also, 280lbs ain't a lady.
j99frc is offline  
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Big "foot"
 
BLAKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Around
Posts: 19,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
You sound like one of those players that has to have the kill cam so you can find people to kill. There are more snipers in non-hardcore matches then hardcore. You'd think it'd be the other way around.
That hardcore whatever the fuck we were playing was whipping my ass. I got so tired of dying the first 30 seconds and then watch someone move to the left 2 steps, then move back 2 steps, repeat 10 times, then they get shot. I never knew how much I depended on things like the radar and kill cams and such. It just sucks to watch the whole damn game. Especially when the other team is just dominating you like they were us in that last game. I'm not terrible, I have a better than 1:1 kill/death ratio, but on those fuckin' matches, it was more like 1:5.

Edit: oh yeah, and there are 1 or 2 guys in your clan that I'd like to punch in the eye for being mouthy trash talking bitches that shut up with a quickness when things started going the other way. I'm just sayin'.

BLAKE is offline  
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 04:13 PM
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS
 
milk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: OC BITCH!!
Posts: 6,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKE View Post
That hardcore whatever the fuck we were playing was whipping my ass. I got so tired of dying the first 30 seconds and then watch someone move to the left 2 steps, then move back 2 steps, repeat 10 times, then they get shot. I never knew how much I depended on things like the radar and kill cams and such. It just sucks to watch the whole damn game. Especially when the other team is just dominating you like they were us in that last game. I'm not terrible, I have a better than 1:1 kill/death ratio, but on those fuckin' matches, it was more like 1:5.

Edit: oh yeah, and there are 1 or 2 guys in your clan that I'd like to punch in the eye for being mouthy trash talking bitches that shut up with a quickness when things started going the other way. I'm just sayin'.
Dude i feel you on the Hardcore whatever the fuck. I really didnt like playing that because i sucked so bad at it. Get me on TDM, Groundwar and/or Domination and its on!!!!!


MILK
milk is offline  
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 04:16 PM
is chilaxing
 
Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by milk View Post
Dude i feel you on the Hardcore whatever the fuck. I really didnt like playing that because i sucked so bad at it. Get me on TDM, Groundwar and/or Domination and its on!!!!!


MILK

Fucker..We were on same team and you kept killing me. I think I killed you once.LOL
Rafa is offline  
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Hardcore > *

I don't have to shoot someone 8000 times to kill them, and my ninja skills come in quite handy.

Slowhand is offline  
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 04:19 PM
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS
 
milk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: OC BITCH!!
Posts: 6,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
Fucker..We were on same team and you kept killing me. I think I killed you once.LOL


It was my mardyn dude. Not my fault you were too slow to get out the way. LOL!!!!





MILK
milk is offline  
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKE View Post
That hardcore whatever the fuck we were playing was whipping my ass. I got so tired of dying the first 30 seconds and then watch someone move to the left 2 steps, then move back 2 steps, repeat 10 times, then they get shot. I never knew how much I depended on things like the radar and kill cams and such. It just sucks to watch the whole damn game. Especially when the other team is just dominating you like they were us in that last game. I'm not terrible, I have a better than 1:1 kill/death ratio, but on those fuckin' matches, it was more like 1:5.

Edit: oh yeah, and there are 1 or 2 guys in your clan that I'd like to punch in the eye for being mouthy trash talking bitches that shut up with a quickness when things started going the other way. I'm just sayin'.


Might have been duke, but I know 2 of those guys that had our clan tag yesterday were not in our clan. They had played in as subs during some clan vs clan matches when a couple of our guys had to leave. And they were annoying, but Duke can talk alot of shit at times too. That game yesterday sucked, but playing that map usually does in Hardcore mode.
Hollywood is offline  
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Big "foot"
 
BLAKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Around
Posts: 19,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Might have been duke, but I know 2 of those guys that had our clan tag yesterday were not in our clan. They had played in as subs during some clan vs clan matches when a couple of our guys had to leave. And they were annoying, but Duke can talk alot of shit at times too. That game yesterday sucked, but playing that map usually does in Hardcore mode.
I would like to blame the map.

I think I've got the skills to rock out on that game type, but I have yet to actually have fun in that mode.

BLAKE is offline  
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 956
I know a few others have hit me up. My PS3 name is BRED-2-Kill!! Send me some invites. COD every night.
Web Guy is offline  
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKE View Post
I would like to blame the map.

I think I've got the skills to rock out on that game type, but I have yet to actually have fun in that mode.

It takes a little getting use to, but once you learn some obvious pitfalls and get past the mentality of running out in the open guns blazing its alot of fun. I still come across matches like yesterday that just blow.
Hollywood is offline  
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
It takes a little getting use to, but once you learn some obvious pitfalls and get past the mentality of running out in the open guns blazing its alot of fun. I still come across matches like yesterday that just blow.
Yeah, you've got to lose the run and gun mentality. That's why I like it

Slowhand is offline  
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Big "foot"
 
BLAKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Around
Posts: 19,217
Well, I'm certainly willing to give it a shot. I'm really not too much of a Rambo. I usually try to think pretty strategically, if for no other reason than to protect my Kill/Death ratio. That to me is the true measure of a player. It's great if you've got a gajillion kills, but if you've got a gajillion-and-one deaths, you're just average.

BLAKE is offline  
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
fucking controls.


I prefer HQ, personally. Fuck a bunch of running around shooting people with no point to the game other than who can kill the most people. I like the more tactical shit.
bcoop is offline  
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Big "foot"
 
BLAKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Around
Posts: 19,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I prefer HQ, personally. Fuck a bunch of running around shooting people with no point to the game other than who can kill the most people. I like the more tactical shit.
I like the tactical shit when everybody's on the same page. But since I've pretty much been a lone wolf, maybe playing with one other person, it usually just turns into the tightest team wins. Which means I usually get my ass kicked, lol.

BLAKE is offline  
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKE View Post
I like the tactical shit when everybody's on the same page. But since I've pretty much been a lone wolf, maybe playing with one other person, it usually just turns into the tightest team wins. Which means I usually get my ass kicked, lol.
Communication is key.


See, I've been a long time Socom player. Been in the same clan since I started playing the Socom series. Most of the time, we're pretty 'on' with communicating, calling enemies out, etc. But every once in a while, nobody communicates, and we get our asses handed to us.
bcoop is offline  
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Semi-Banned
 
Stng5Pnt8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas Tx. 75227/Grand Prairie 75052
Posts: 6,602
anyone getting on tonight?
Stng5Pnt8 is offline  
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 11:09 AM
893
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 16,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKE View Post
I like the tactical shit when everybody's on the same page. But since I've pretty much been a lone wolf, maybe playing with one other person, it usually just turns into the tightest team wins. Which means I usually get my ass kicked, lol.
I do alot of free for all right now becuase I am trying to get my rank up, thats it, I am ready to play some more intense games, but i want to make sure I have all the weapons and all the cool perks.
893 is offline  
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beej View Post
I do alot of free for all right now becuase I am trying to get my rank up, thats it, I am ready to play some more intense games, but i want to make sure I have all the weapons and all the cool perks.

Play Headquarters to get your rank up quicker. You accrue points when your team holds the headquarters on top of your kills.
Hollywood is offline  
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 12:44 PM
is chilaxing
 
Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Play Headquarters to get your rank up quicker. You accrue points when your team holds the headquarters on top of your kills.
That's what I did when I 1st got the game, but I was killed A LOT. Soon as I was up in rank, I started to play TD to get my kills back up.
Rafa is offline  
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 02:36 PM
893
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 16,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Play Headquarters to get your rank up quicker. You accrue points when your team holds the headquarters on top of your kills.
I will try that tonight. As long as I still get lots of kills to build up my weapons and what not.
893 is offline  
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Ide fuck her in the ass..
 
Da Prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: CrooKed I muthafucker!
Posts: 42,924
getting on a good headquarters team will definitly help ya rank up fast, i average at least 1000 xp points a match on headquarters...




WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Da Prez is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome