Killzone 2 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Killzone 2

Going to the midnight release at gamestop in cleburne to pickup my copy tonight. Who else is picking up Killzone 2 in the next 24 hours?

2001 Arctic White M6 SS - 2005 Iron 6.0, Comp 224 566 115, LS2 Chain, LS6 Pump, TR Pushrods, ARP Rod Bolts, LS6 Intake, Home Built Front Mount MP T-76 Q-Trim Turbo, 60lb Inj, TurboWerx Pump, Racetronix Kit, Spec 3+, - 9psi 545rwhp/542rwtq - More Boost to Come!

*SOLD* '91 Coupe, LS1/TH350, Heads 'n Cam, 6.72 @ 102 N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick96GT View Post
Also, 280lbs ain't a lady.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 07:59 AM
is chilaxing

I'm picking it up tomorrow on my lunch time. It's up the street from work.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 11:07 AM
Banned

Anyone get this yet? I think my roommate is supposed to go pick it up sometime today.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 01:46 PM
is chilaxing

I got it yesterday, but haven't had time to play it yesterday or today. Just got my cats welded in and got to take niece/nephew to Chucky Cheese.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 04:12 PM
Censored

Worst midnight release ever for game stop! When I arrived at 11:30, I was the first one in line at the Gamestop off of Cooper and Arbrook.

The game looks great, besides the peoples mouths when they talk. Ever word looks like he is making an O face. Surround sound is a must!

Doors Done Rite
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Time Served

I picked it up at Best Buy Friday night....pretty good game so far. I agree, the facial expressions while talking are lacking, but otherwise a pretty good story line.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 03:45 PM
fuckcanada

Its games like this and god of war 3 which make me want a ps3, how's the mp?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 10:01 AM
Time Served

It seems to me this is just like every other sneek and peak shooter. I prefer my FPS's on the PC.

I'm playing through it right now, and it's a good game, it just gets boring sometimes to run forward, hide behind rock, peek out and shoot, hide, peek and shoot, run to next rock, rinse, and repeat.

'01 Bullitt #0054
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Banned

Played it a bit last night. Kinda cool. Nothing amazing considering it's been in production for so long. Amazing graphics.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 11:27 AM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
Played it a bit last night. Kinda cool. Nothing amazing considering it's been in production for so long. Amazing graphics.

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude View Post

I meant the actual playing is nothing amazing. The game LOOKS great. The AI is a little bit better than the first KZ, but still nothing compared to the AI in Halo. I've only gotten through the first level so far, so maybe it'll pick up later on in the game. The game definitely needs a larger variety of guns to use. Although, maybe that will change in some levels.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 09:39 AM
is chilaxing

Anyone still plays this? I play a few times a week. Usually Tues/Thur nights and on a little on weekends. Now I'm just working on getting other ribbons.

hit me up...... "elrafa" on there
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Banned

I know this is way late, but I finally decided to sit down and finish Killzone 2 Sunday night. Quite possibly the most overrated/overhyped game in history. Even worse than Fable 2. The story line is basically nothing. The ending was a 30 second clip of the Helghan president yelling, then getting shot by your squad mate. Then a bunch of Helghan ships fly overhead. The end. The game on easy, is harder than Halo on hard. Basically what they do since the game has no substance is to just keep throwing enemies at you over and over. I discovered on the last level when you're storming the enemy HQ, they literally keep coming until you just finally decide to advance. So basically you just run forward, find a place to hide, and it'll drive them back, then you keep doing this until you get inside to fight the boss which is guarded by 50 men.

Just a piece of shit game that was made to look good and that's it.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
I know this is way late, but I finally decided to sit down and finish Killzone 2 Sunday night. Quite possibly the most overrated/overhyped game in history. Even worse than Fable 2. The story line is basically nothing. The ending was a 30 second clip of the Helghan president yelling, then getting shot by your squad mate. Then a bunch of Helghan ships fly overhead. The end. The game on easy, is harder than Halo on hard. Basically what they do since the game has no substance is to just keep throwing enemies at you over and over. I discovered on the last level when you're storming the enemy HQ, they literally keep coming until you just finally decide to advance. So basically you just run forward, find a place to hide, and it'll drive them back, then you keep doing this until you get inside to fight the boss which is guarded by 50 men.

Just a piece of shit game that was made to look good and that's it.
+1. I sold my copy back to gamestop 2 days later and started playing COD4 more.

2001 Arctic White M6 SS - 2005 Iron 6.0, Comp 224 566 115, LS2 Chain, LS6 Pump, TR Pushrods, ARP Rod Bolts, LS6 Intake, Home Built Front Mount MP T-76 Q-Trim Turbo, 60lb Inj, TurboWerx Pump, Racetronix Kit, Spec 3+, - 9psi 545rwhp/542rwtq - More Boost to Come!

*SOLD* '91 Coupe, LS1/TH350, Heads 'n Cam, 6.72 @ 102 N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick96GT View Post
Also, 280lbs ain't a lady.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement