Is there any way around the Windows logon password? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Bitch
 
KevinH78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Searcy Arkansas
Posts: 11,088
Is there any way around the Windows logon password?

A dumbass co-worker of mine changed a setting on my machine so it will look for a workgroup to log onto instead of the domain we use. Now when I try to log in, it will not accept my password. Does anyone know if there is a "backdoor" I could get into and change this setting back?
KevinH78 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 02:24 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: houston
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH78 View Post
A dumbass co-worker of mine changed a setting on my machine so it will look for a workgroup to log onto instead of the domain we use. Now when I try to log in, it will not accept my password. Does anyone know if there is a "backdoor" I could get into and change this setting back?
LOL

I have used oph crack on my user computers before. http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolso...r/ophcrack.htm

You can clear the password then login with a blank password.

Go back into My Computer properties -> Computer Name tab and rejoin the domain. You will need an administrative password to join the domain again.

Next time ctrl-alt-del and lock computer so you don't have people screwing with your machine.


I've heard of other IT guys swear by John the Ripper if oph doesn't work for you.

sick96GT is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Bitch
 
KevinH78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Searcy Arkansas
Posts: 11,088
lol.... The poop stinks worse than that. My computer is locked and I cannot unlock it or log onto anything. :-/ I'm using another co-workers machine to post this.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sick96GT View Post
LOL

I have used oph crack on my user computers before. http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolso...r/ophcrack.htm

You can clear the password then login with a blank password.

Go back into My Computer properties -> Computer Name tab and rejoin the domain. You will need an administrative password to join the domain again.

Next time ctrl-alt-del and lock computer so you don't have people screwing with your machine.


I've heard of other IT guys swear by John the Ripper if oph doesn't work for you.
KevinH78 is offline  
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Lifer
 
JimD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Haughton,La,USA
Posts: 14,152
There is a program on hirens boot cd that will get around that mo-fo
JimD is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 08:44 PM
El Camino
 
Stang2be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: in front of the keyboard
Posts: 3,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH78 View Post
A dumbass co-worker of mine changed a setting on my machine so it will look for a workgroup to log onto instead of the domain we use. Now when I try to log in, it will not accept my password. Does anyone know if there is a "backdoor" I could get into and change this setting back?
No back door but with physical access you can crack, reset, or blank the local admin. There is also a way to unlock a locked workstation if the unit has firewire

2007 Taurus SEL - daily driver
1974 El Camino SS - 400sb

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrrfectstang
Umm.. what is the ID-10T settings?
Stang2be is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 11:19 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!
 
Juiceweezl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 2V-ville
Posts: 3,675
Can you get into safe mode with no networking? If so, delete your account. It should come back up as admin when you reboot, just as if it were the first time. Then, log in and create a new account.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
Juiceweezl is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 11:37 PM
Googlist-Wikipedian
 
Hunt4m3x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: de_aztec
Posts: 4,814
cain + rainbow tables. cracked 102 accounts in 3minutes flat.

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness







Ban count: 2
Hunt4m3x is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 11:48 PM
Lifer
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 9,204
How about a Lenovo bios/boot password? No, it's not stolen, yes I can provide ownership proof. Long story in why I even need it. I know I can do it through soldering (http://sodoityourself.com/hacking-ib...bios-password/), but if anyone knows another way to do it, then please, by all means - I'm also willing to pay.

Thanks.
Grant is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Bitch
 
KevinH78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Searcy Arkansas
Posts: 11,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl View Post
Can you get into safe mode with no networking? If so, delete your account. It should come back up as admin when you reboot, just as if it were the first time. Then, log in and create a new account.
No bueno on the safe mode either. lol... I'm kinda fucked. I don't really have time to fuck with it and if I send it to our IT dept., they will keep the damn thing for close to two weeks and format the hard drive. I've got too much shit saved on here for them to do that so I'll probably take it to a local computer shop and get them to crack it for me.
KevinH78 is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 10:30 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: houston
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH78 View Post
No bueno on the safe mode either. lol... I'm kinda fucked. I don't really have time to fuck with it and if I send it to our IT dept., they will keep the damn thing for close to two weeks and format the hard drive. I've got too much shit saved on here for them to do that so I'll probably take it to a local computer shop and get them to crack it for me.
damn 2 weeks? shit if I have a computer for more than a day I have about 12 people bitching at me.

sick96GT is offline  
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 01:36 PM
2girls1cup
 
Blue5spd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Breaking up happy homes!
Posts: 3,381
I can reset it for you. Shoot me a PM.
Blue5spd is offline  
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Big Fundamental
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Flower Mound
Posts: 911
Can't you just login with the local administrator account? That should still be there, right? We used to have a utility that was a bootable linux disc that would allow you to reset the local admin password. You could also try to go back to an earlier restore point before the change was made.

Scott
1990 Bright Red Mustang LX hatch

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1 - Gone
2001 Silver SVT Cobra - Gone
2006 Ford Fusion SE - Dadmobile
VetEtr is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Bitch
 
KevinH78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Searcy Arkansas
Posts: 11,088
Well, I finally got on the machine by using a program called Winternals. Apparently there are some drivers that are not getting loaded when I log on now because I can't get on our network. I'll probably get all the important shit off here I need and go ahead and send it to the guy for a fucking 2 week hard drive formatting session. I swear I could kick that fucker in the nuts for touching my damn machine.
KevinH78 is offline  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: houston
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH78 View Post
Well, I finally got on the machine by using a program called Winternals. Apparently there are some drivers that are not getting loaded when I log on now because I can't get on our network. I'll probably get all the important shit off here I need and go ahead and send it to the guy for a fucking 2 week hard drive formatting session. I swear I could kick that fucker in the nuts for touching my damn machine.
it won't let you re-join the domain?

you'll need the administration password to join it.

sick96GT is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 07:39 PM
Googlist-Wikipedian
 
Hunt4m3x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: de_aztec
Posts: 4,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH78 View Post
Well, I finally got on the machine by using a program called Winternals. Apparently there are some drivers that are not getting loaded when I log on now because I can't get on our network. I'll probably get all the important shit off here I need and go ahead and send it to the guy for a fucking 2 week hard drive formatting session. I swear I could kick that fucker in the nuts for touching my damn machine.
2 weeks?!

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness







Ban count: 2
Hunt4m3x is offline  
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: In the place that I am
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by sick96GT View Post
it won't let you re-join the domain?

you'll need the administration password to join it.
x2. if he changed the password for your account, then he either has admin rights for the domain, or its not a domain. IT people just don't hand out domain admin passwords. At least they don't where I work.
Red Shadow is offline  
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Bitch
 
KevinH78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Searcy Arkansas
Posts: 11,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by sick96GT View Post
it won't let you re-join the domain?

you'll need the administration password to join it.
I think the "username" I have for the domain is actually an alias under another username which has certain rights on our network. It's a clusterfuck of a deal but it looks like I'll have to send him the damn thing to be set back up. The guy is a jackass and doesn't give much support at all over the phone but expects everyone to just do without their PC for a couple weeks when something goes wrong. Not that I'm addicted to my laptop but EVERYTHING I do for work involves using this thing.
KevinH78 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome