itunes error (-69) - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

itunes error (-69)

everytime i try to sync my ipod it gives me the error (-69) but there are no details as to what that is. any help would be appreciated.

also, i have had a toshiba laptop for about 5 years and bought a new macbook last week. how do i transfer all the songs from my itunes on that laptop to my new one?

myspace.com/tylerdurdin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Gunga galunga

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacious j View Post
everytime i try to sync my ipod it gives me the error (-69) but there are no details as to what that is. any help would be appreciated.

also, i have had a toshiba laptop for about 5 years and bought a new macbook last week. how do i transfer all the songs from my itunes on that laptop to my new one?
try switching usb ports, to swap songs I would just setup a network and transfer that way.

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 10:05 PM
Googlist-Wikipedian

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1210

his error occurs when iTunes tries to send files to your iPod, but a file (or files) is unusable (something is wrong with it).

To figure out which file (or files) is causing the error, update to the latest version of iTunes and then do this:

1. Control-click (Mac) or right-click (Windows) on your iPod icon in the iTunes Source pane, then choose Sync Songs from the shortcut menu.
2. Watch the display at the top of the iTunes window while your iPod is being updated. The name of the problematic file should appear in the display right before the error appears. Then remove the bad file from the list of songs to be synced to your iPod.
3. Select the iPod in the iTunes Source pane.
4. Click the Settings tab.
5. Select the "Only sync checked items" checkbox (please note that this checkbox is only available for an iPod configured to update automatically).
6. Select the appropriate item under Library in the sidebar and find the bad file in the list. (For example, if the file in question was a song you would select Music in the iTunes Source pane. If it were a video you would select Movies or TV Shows in the sidebar.)
7. Deselect the checkbox next to the file name.
8. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to update your iPod. If you have multiple problematic files in your iTunes library, you may need to repeat the other steps to remove them too.

To prevent future issues, you should delete the unusable files from your iTunes library, then restore them from a backup or reimport them from a CD.

If you're not able to isolate to any single file or if another iPod works with the same songs, then disconnect any other devices connected to USB or FireWire and try again. If the issue continues, then then try resetting your iPod. If the issue continues, then restore your iPod.

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Mexican Crew

error 69? hmmmm

Quote:
Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 04:53 PM
not exclude

Error 69 means you have the cord flipped over.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude View Post
Error 69 means you have the cord flipped over.
win

'01 Bullitt #0054
Sponsored Links
Advertisement