PS3 online question with COD5 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

PS3 online question with COD5

Ok fellas help fix my problem......

I am able to play COD5 online with no issues at all on my PS3. Last night was thef irst time I tried to play with some friends in the same group and I could not get it to work. I would accept their invite to join their party then it would tell me the game session is no longer available.

We are thinking it has something to do with my Network settings saying uPnP is not available and NAT type is 3.

I use AT&T DSL through an older model Linksys Wireless router.
Model # (BEFW11S4)

I logged into my Linksys and found there was no uPnP setting or checkbox anywhere in there.

I tried to upgrade Firmware on the stupid Linksys but could not get that to work either. Very frustrating seeing as I work in Network Engineering, LOL.

So is that my problem? No uPnP available with NAT tye 3 on my PS3?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 09:26 AM
Resident Epicurean

I was able to join parties on COD4, and my uPnP and NAT type were the same as you have listed.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I was able to join parties on COD4, and my uPnP and NAT type were the same as you have listed.
Well...... shit.....lol.

I am a PS3 rookie, I had to fucking static IP my PS3 and static the DNS servers for it just to get it to play online. What a pain in the ass so far.......

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 10:03 AM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

invite them, only time it tells me that is if a buddy invites me and i am already playing in a match, and by the time i accept the room is full or not available...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez View Post
invite them, only time it tells me that is if a buddy invites me and i am already playing in a match, and by the time i accept the room is full or not available...
Tried that too...... I'll try again. What's your SN again? I'll add you on there as well. I got Saleen449 and his brother, that's it. My friend list is weak.

But seeing as I can't play with anyone, no point in having them on there.

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 02:30 PM
Time Served

I have the exact same hardware and service you have no upnp nat 3. I am able to join parties and play just fine. Only problem I have (which is probably not my fault) is using the mic/headphones it is a little garbled at times.

Good Luck!

btw, my user name is Jermstyle on PS3 network... look me up usually betweem 8pm - 11pm weekly (yeah, it's addicting, similiar to crack) and 10pm-4am fri and sat nights.

2001 Arctic White M6 SS - 2005 Iron 6.0, Comp 224 566 115, LS2 Chain, LS6 Pump, TR Pushrods, ARP Rod Bolts, LS6 Intake, Home Built Front Mount MP T-76 Q-Trim Turbo, 60lb Inj, TurboWerx Pump, Racetronix Kit, Spec 3+, - 9psi 545rwhp/542rwtq - More Boost to Come!

*SOLD* '91 Coupe, LS1/TH350, Heads 'n Cam, 6.72 @ 102 N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick96GT View Post
Also, 280lbs ain't a lady.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by j99frc View Post
I have the exact same hardware and service you have no upnp nat 3. I am able to join parties and play just fine. Only problem I have (which is probably not my fault) is using the mic/headphones it is a little garbled at times.

Good Luck!

btw, my user name is Jermstyle on PS3 network... look me up usually betweem 8pm - 11pm weekly (yeah, it's addicting, similiar to crack) and 10pm-4am fri and sat nights.
Will do man. But jeez if you play that much you're probably gonna laugh at my skillz I can hold my own, but some guys on there are seriously hard core about it.

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecobra95 View Post
Will do man. But jeez if you play that much you're probably gonna laugh at my skillz I can hold my own, but some guys on there are seriously hard core about it.

If they were really hardcore, they'd be playing a real FPS and not stupid ass respawn games.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
If they were really hardcore, they'd be playing a real FPS and not stupid ass respawn games.
They have game modes on there that are 1 death only per game.

I play COD balls to the wall. I don't hide, I rarely use a sniping rifle unless a situation calls for it. I walk around the stages, if I see something moving, I kill it. But the running around method sometimes lends to myself getting killed, a whole lot at times.

I simply can't stand seeing a guy sit in a corner and wait for people to walk in a room. When someone like that kills me, I immediately go back to that room and light that fucker up, lmao.

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Lifer

The problem you are having is actually within the network for COD5. They are working on a patch for that as well as fixing the glitches. I was just reading about that on their website.

I am Biff_Tanner on the PS3 network if you want to add me.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE View Post
The problem you are having is actually within the network for COD5. They are working on a patch for that as well as fixing the glitches. I was just reading about that on their website.
Sweetness man, thanks for the info. I appreciate it!

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 04:47 PM
Time Served

Quote:
You haven't played search and destroy on cod5 then....

2001 Arctic White M6 SS - 2005 Iron 6.0, Comp 224 566 115, LS2 Chain, LS6 Pump, TR Pushrods, ARP Rod Bolts, LS6 Intake, Home Built Front Mount MP T-76 Q-Trim Turbo, 60lb Inj, TurboWerx Pump, Racetronix Kit, Spec 3+, - 9psi 545rwhp/542rwtq - More Boost to Come!

Quote:
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 04:49 PM
Time Served

Quote:
I play COD balls to the wall. I don't hide, I rarely use a sniping rifle unless a situation calls for it. I walk around the stages, if I see something moving, I kill it. But the running around method sometimes lends to myself getting killed, a whole lot at times.

I simply can't stand seeing a guy sit in a corner and wait for people to walk in a room. When someone like that kills me, I immediately go back to that room and light that fucker up, lmao.
+2.. Can't stand campers.. I usually use mp40 w/suppressor, bouncy betties, deep impact, silent walking. I am not going to prestige, currently I am at 2 star 59.

I have a pretty good team built between my brother, brother in-law and a few more friends.. we do absolutley no cheating or glitching. It's all good, it's takes some time to learn.

Quote:

Last edited by j99frc; 01-15-2009 at 04:55 PM.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by j99frc View Post
+2.. Can't stand campers.. I usually use mp40 w/suppressor, bouncy betties, deep impact, silent walking. I am not going to prestige, currently I am at 2 star 59.

I have a pretty good team built between my brother, brother in-law and a few more friends.. we do absolutley no cheating or glitching. It's all good, it's takes some time to learn.
If there are two things I cant stand it is glitching and camping.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Tried that too...... I'll try again. What's your SN again? I'll add you on there as well. I got Saleen449 and his brother, that's it. My friend list is weak.

But seeing as I can't play with anyone, no point in having them on there.
if you ever get it working, im Crooked_I_Killa on there... i usually play around 11pm till whenever...

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Well...... shit.....lol.

I am a PS3 rookie, I had to fucking static IP my PS3 and static the DNS servers for it just to get it to play online. What a pain in the ass so far.......
Have you tried to put the ps3 to DMZ, thats always easy and works most of the time.

Finally got a Cobra
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
If there are two things I cant stand it is glitching and camping.

Certain game modes call for camping, though.

I don't like it when it's a respawn game, and everyone runs around like a bunch of idiots that lack skill. I should, however, because you can rack up kills like a mother fucker if you have half a brain.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:

I don't like it when it's a respawn game, and everyone runs around like a bunch of idiots that lack skill. I should, however, because you can rack up kills like a mother fucker if you have half a brain.
yea i hate those respawn games, i play search and destroy on cod5, once you die, you have to wait for your entire team to die... my ranking in kills sucks cause you can only get so many, but my wins im about 10k in the world...

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Lifer

Quote:

I understand that to a point you have to camp a bit. I just hate guys who don't move the whole game no matter what.

BTW it is double XP points this weekend.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:

BTW it is double XP points this weekend.

where do you find this info at?

post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 12:04 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez View Post
where do you find this info at?
It said it when I signed on earlier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement