IPod Question - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Check out my decor!
 
99shestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Colony
Posts: 8,952
IPod Question

So I have my IPod Shuffle and when I first got it I downloaded songs from my dads computer and now I want to take them off and put new ones on but I can't get a program to pop up when I plug it into my computer. Anyone know what I need to do?

http://www.myspace.com/missgirl01


Happiness is not a goal, but a way of life.

99shestang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 11:18 AM
dead
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 14,611
open up itunes. plug in ipod. should recognize it.
momo stallion is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 956
What he said above. Usually it will open itunes on it's own when you plug it in.
Web Guy is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Check out my decor!
 
99shestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Colony
Posts: 8,952
Well nothing was ever downloaded to my laptop. When I plug it in... nothing happens. There has to be another way...

http://www.myspace.com/missgirl01


Happiness is not a goal, but a way of life.

99shestang is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 12:12 PM
is chilaxing
 
Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,760
Even if you get Itunes on your pc, that won't help because Itunes will say that this Ipod was used on another pc. You will need another program to move music to your pc. I use Winamp, which is pretty much drag and drop.


Edit....don't know if you mean move music to your pc or delete them. If the latter, download Itunes and it will ask you to remove music to be able to sync up to pc you want to use. Then you will be able to download music to it using Itunes.
Rafa is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 12:16 PM
dead
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 14,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99shestang View Post
Well nothing was ever downloaded to my laptop. When I plug it in... nothing happens. There has to be another way...
you need to install itunes on your laptop.

when you choose to setup your shuffle on your laptop, it will wipe out the files already on there. you will have to drag your music into your itunes then you can put whatever you want on your shuffle.
momo stallion is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Check out my decor!
 
99shestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Colony
Posts: 8,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
Even if you get Itunes on your pc, that won't help because Itunes will say that this Ipod was used on another pc. You will need another program to move music to your pc. I use Winamp, which is pretty much drag and drop.


Edit....don't know if you mean move music to your pc or delete them. If the latter, download Itunes and it will ask you to remove music to be able to sync up to pc you want to use. Then you will be able to download music to it using Itunes.

I just want to delete what is on my shuffle and add new songs on there. That's it.

I have a bunch of songs on my limewire and was hoping I could move music from there to my shuffle. Is that possible?

http://www.myspace.com/missgirl01


Happiness is not a goal, but a way of life.

99shestang is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Check out my decor!
 
99shestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Colony
Posts: 8,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by momo stallion View Post
you need to install itunes on your laptop.

when you choose to setup your shuffle on your laptop, it will wipe out the files already on there. you will have to drag your music into your itunes then you can put whatever you want on your shuffle.
So when I install itunes, this will prompt me to set up the shuffle if it's plugged in? I am so confused. Sorry


http://www.myspace.com/missgirl01


Happiness is not a goal, but a way of life.

99shestang is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 02:40 PM
is chilaxing
 
Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,760
download Itunes and let it delete what's on shuffle. I believe limewire ties into Itunes and can load music to ipod from limewire. I don't use limeware, so I'm not too sure about it.
Rafa is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Check out my decor!
 
99shestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Colony
Posts: 8,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
download Itunes and let it delete what's on shuffle. I believe limewire ties into Itunes and can load music to ipod from limewire. I don't use limeware, so I'm not too sure about it.
Okay so do I need to download itunes and then plug my shuffle in or keep it plugged in while I download it?

http://www.myspace.com/missgirl01


Happiness is not a goal, but a way of life.

99shestang is offline  
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 02:41 PM
is chilaxing
 
Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99shestang View Post
So when I install itunes, this will prompt me to set up the shuffle if it's plugged in? I am so confused. Sorry


yes, it will ask if you want library/music deleted from ipod to be able to sync up to your pc.
Rafa is offline  
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 02:43 PM
is chilaxing
 
Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,760
download it 1st..install...reboot(i always do when I install something...just a habit).....when pc reboots back up, just plug in ipod and Itunes should launch
Rafa is offline  
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Check out my decor!
 
99shestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Colony
Posts: 8,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
download it 1st..install...reboot(i always do when I install something...just a habit).....when pc reboots back up, just plug in ipod and Itunes should launch

Awesome.. I will try this when I get home. Thanks so much for your help!

http://www.myspace.com/missgirl01


Happiness is not a goal, but a way of life.

99shestang is offline  
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 02:46 PM
is chilaxing
 
Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99shestang View Post
Awesome.. I will try this when I get home. Thanks so much for your help!


No problem. As for the payment, maybe some (.)(.) pics.
Rafa is offline  
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Check out my decor!
 
99shestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Colony
Posts: 8,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
No problem. As for the payment, maybe some (.)(.) pics.
Did I mention I can't find the cord to download pictures from my camera?? Oh darn!

http://www.myspace.com/missgirl01


Happiness is not a goal, but a way of life.

99shestang is offline  
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Lifer
 
01svtboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Turbo 5.4 is a thief.
Posts: 1,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99shestang View Post
Did I mention I can't find the cord to download pictures from my camera?? Oh darn!
does your laptop have a memory slot? if not you can pick up a cheap usb memory card reader for about 10-15bux, probably cheaper than a new cord, and well.. you will be able to use it with most memory cards.

http://banamex.mybrute.com

01 silver lightning
FOR SALE
* Lightning supercharger set up.*$800
-supercharger, intake manifold, intercooler, fuel rails, and 7 42lb injectors. plus misc.. parts
*4.6/5.4 Cobra water pump $60
*4R100 with 36k miles $800
Turbo 5.4 is a thief
01svtboy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome