another phone thread, lol....Samsung Rant - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
que?
 
grove rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 21,662
another phone thread, lol....Samsung Rant

anyone have the sprint version?


kthnxbi
grove rat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 01:33 PM
I'm on a boat.
 
Mr. B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ft. Worth
Posts: 336
Just got one for my wife for Christmas, and a buddy at work has one. Pretty nice little phone if you're wanting a slider with full keyboard. Feels a lot nicer than the LG Rumor and has some better features.

Sprint wanted $50 plus a two year contract upgrade. Best Buy gave me the phone for free with only the two year contract.
Mr. B is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
que?
 
grove rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 21,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. B
Just got one for my wife for Christmas, and a buddy at work has one. Pretty nice little phone if you're wanting a slider with full keyboard. Feels a lot nicer than the LG Rumor and has some better features.

Sprint wanted $50 plus a two year contract upgrade. Best Buy gave me the phone for free with only the two year contract.
yea i was looking at the rumor too but a buddy of mine has one with sprint and he says it lags a tiny bit when going through the menus quickly

any problems like that with the rant?
grove rat is offline  
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 01:36 PM
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. B
Just got one for my wife for Christmas, and a buddy at work has one. Pretty nice little phone if you're wanting a slider with full keyboard. Feels a lot nicer than the LG Rumor and has some better features.

Sprint wanted $50 plus a two year contract upgrade. Best Buy gave me the phone for free with only the two year contract.

In your office space quote, it should be too, not to.
Hollywood is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
que?
 
grove rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 21,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
In your office space quote, it should be too, not to.
he doesn't have enough room
grove rat is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 01:42 PM
I'm on a boat.
 
Mr. B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ft. Worth
Posts: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by grove rat
he doesn't have enough room
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grove rat
yea i was looking at the rumor too but a buddy of mine has one with sprint and he says it lags a tiny bit when going through the menus quickly

any problems like that with the rant?
I didn't go through any of them fast enough to notice. I'll ask the guy up here and see what he says.
Mr. B is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm on a boat.
 
Mr. B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ft. Worth
Posts: 336
Just clicked through some menu's on it. Seems fine to me.
Mr. B is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
que?
 
grove rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 21,662
nice



anyone wanna buy a centro?
grove rat is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 06:58 PM
Licking the windows!
 
MireFire 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: In the tall grass with Snake Doctor
Posts: 3,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. B
Just got one for my wife for Christmas, and a buddy at work has one. Pretty nice little phone if you're wanting a slider with full keyboard. Feels a lot nicer than the LG Rumor and has some better features.

Sprint wanted $50 plus a two year contract upgrade. Best Buy gave me the phone for free with only the two year contract.

Best Buy was free out the door with only a 2yr UPGRADE? or a new 2yr contract?

I'm thinking of that phone as well... is it like the instinct were you have get a data plan or some $99 freaking plan?

Thanks
MireFire 2.0 is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. B
Correct.


I didn't go through any of them fast enough to notice. I'll ask the guy up here and see what he says.
Yank out the accent after feelin.
Hollywood is offline  
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 06:21 AM
I'm on a boat.
 
Mr. B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ft. Worth
Posts: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by MireFire 2.0
Best Buy was free out the door with only a 2yr UPGRADE? or a new 2yr contract?

I'm thinking of that phone as well... is it like the instinct were you have get a data plan or some $99 freaking plan?

Thanks
Free out the door with the two year upgrade. This was the Best Buy in Grapevine if it matters. Generally the two year upgrade and the new contract get the same deal though.
Mr. B is offline  
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 06:22 AM
I'm on a boat.
 
Mr. B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ft. Worth
Posts: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
Yank out the accent after feelin.
Done.
Mr. B is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 09:48 AM
Licking the windows!
 
MireFire 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: In the tall grass with Snake Doctor
Posts: 3,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. B
Free out the door with the two year upgrade. This was the Best Buy in Grapevine if it matters. Generally the two year upgrade and the new contract get the same deal though.
what about plans, did you have to switch or anything?

Thanks

David
MireFire 2.0 is offline  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 01:02 PM
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
My Samsung slider phone sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
que?
 
grove rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 21,662
is it the rant?
grove rat is offline  
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 01:31 PM
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by grove rat
is it the rant?
No, I don't have it near me at the moment or I would tell you the model #. It's a fairly new slider phone, but not with a texting keyboard.

It drops calls and has poor voice quality compared to my previous Sony Ericsson, which didn't have a problem with either. It surfs the internet with no problems and takes decent pictures. However, when it comes to actually making a phone call, it sucks!

A lot companies are stuffing so many ridiculous features into cell phones that they forget at the end of the day it's still a phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
que?
 
grove rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 21,662
is it this one?

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASAp...SKU=SPHM520ZSS

i kinda thought about that one but i gotta have a full keyboard
grove rat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome