Best Bang for the buck Laptop? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Best Bang for the buck Laptop?

What's the best bang for the buck laptop out right now?

My mother is looking for something as she has a work computer/laptop but wants something of her own to keep personal finance stuff and some geneology stuff and one small program on.

Only requirements honestly are able to use basic programs/msoffice/wireless connection. Half tempted to give her my 1 year old Toshiba and go get me one that has better battery life then 2 fuggin hours.
Nate is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 10:32 AM
African Booty Scratcher
 
ELVIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Uranus
Posts: 13,150
buy one from chopped54 on here. he's a stand up guy.

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
ELVIS is offline  
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Lifer
 
thiscat2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: I am not watching anymore :P
Posts: 2,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
What's the best bang for the buck laptop out right now?

My mother is looking for something as she has a work computer/laptop but wants something of her own to keep personal finance stuff and some geneology stuff and one small program on.

Only requirements honestly are able to use basic programs/msoffice/wireless connection. Half tempted to give her my 1 year old Toshiba and go get me one that has better battery life then 2 fuggin hours.
Costco has a deal on a EEpc right now that is $349 it is a little tiny 2lb ultra portable. No cd rom so you would have to use an external. Or the acer's at walmart are a steal for just a cheap machine and walmart will take anything back.

I'm defending my home with a martial art: Klik-Pau

thiscat2000 is offline  
 
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
I'm pretty sure she will want a CD Rom drive.
Nate is offline  
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Custom Title
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Hades who?
Posts: 16,521
Check out some of the cheapo Acers at Circuit City or Best Buy, got one for Lyn a while ago, it was like $300. Nothing fancy, but works great for surfing the net and shit like that.

They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time



Yellowstang is offline  
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Lifer
 
SUX2BU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: On tha run from the gramer & speling plice
Posts: 2,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Half tempted to give her my 1 year old Toshiba and go get me one that has better battery life then 2 fuggin hours.
I know right. My 17" Toshiba sux a donkey dick for battery life.

Yes, my spelling and grammar are horrendous. Thank you for pointing it out, you have a firm grasp of the obvious. Have you ever thought of making this a career choice? You might even reach the prestigious rank of Captain Obvious.
SUX2BU is offline  
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 11:47 AM
High Roller
 
SLOBIRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Benbrook
Posts: 2,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiscat2000
Costco has a deal on a EEpc right now that is $349 it is a little tiny 2lb ultra portable. No cd rom so you would have to use an external. Or the acer's at walmart are a steal for just a cheap machine and walmart will take anything back.
These diapers already have shit in them.
Were real sorry bout that sir, you go back there and get another pair.

98 Trans Am WS6 JUST A SLOW LITTLE LSX
Best time to date N/A 7.23 @93 mph 1.59 60ft and 6.67 on the bottle,full weight
1999 Camaro Z28 The LsX Tin Can 7.70 Bolt ons only
1998 Supercharged Mustang GT 7.52 @8psi
SLOBIRD is offline  
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 12:14 AM
Doughnut Lover!
 
Treadhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SBR; West Ft Worth Chapter
Posts: 2,736
I bought this Toshiba a couple weeks ago. It has a 4hr battery life.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218010173766
Treadhead is offline  
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 12:26 AM
Motorboat'n Is What I Do!
 
dan03mach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Putting my face between your titties!!!
Posts: 6,206
Buy a Dell Best buy has some good deals on them there. I bought my Dell Inspiron 1525 from best buy for 600 bucks. It has a 250G HD, 4G of Ram, 2.xG Core 2 Duo processor, DVD Rom/burner, Webcam, HDMI outputs, SD/MMC - MS/Pro memory card input, Wirless and bluetooth built in and it was loaded up with software.
dan03mach is offline  
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 12:49 AM
I. Am. God.
 
Shoot To Kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: the valley
Posts: 5,895
dells suck fucking asshole.

my toshiba still works, but i won't buy another.

My next purchase will be a fujitsu.

you can actually find the lower end ones for under 1K.

my .02.

1994 Cobra Pace Car For Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56482
only on DFWstangs...
Shoot To Kill is offline  
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 12:52 AM
Motorboat'n Is What I Do!
 
dan03mach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Putting my face between your titties!!!
Posts: 6,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoot To Kill
dells suck fucking asshole.

my toshiba still works, but i won't buy another.

My next purchase will be a fujitsu.

you can actually find the lower end ones for under 1K.

my .02.
How do dells suck? All the computers up here at my work are Dells the survers are dells and we never had one issue with them and they never shut off. I guess they must be pretty good.
dan03mach is offline  
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Mentally Impaired
 
donnie90stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mt. Pleasant, Tx
Posts: 2,367
I picked up the one im on now at staples 2+ years ago. I keep it on the cord all the time so i have prettymuch killed the battery life on it.Other than that it has been great, no issues at all. Its an HP Pavilion and i love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
It's the American way. I want to do the right thing, but only if it's on my terms and I can half ass my way through it.
donnie90stang is offline  
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Lifer
 
95snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,741
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstang
Check out some of the cheapo Acers at Circuit City or Best Buy, got one for Lyn a while ago, it was like $300. Nothing fancy, but works great for surfing the net and shit like that.
I bought my wife a accer and she loves it. its a good computer.
95snake is offline  
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Texas Rangers #1
 
Kenny_Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Funky Town
Posts: 10,592
I always recommend Dell's, I've done tech support for them for 9+ years and they are very reliable. Every once in a while you'll get a batch of bad hard drives or memory, but for the most part they are very durable.

.
Kenny_Stang is offline  
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Lifer
 
95snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,741
Talking

dells are good a little high on the price, but I do like them, I bought a compaq pressaro and I love it. I bought it at frys on sale reg.999.00 bought it for 599.00
95snake is offline  
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Moved to dfw mustangs.net
 
lowthreeohz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Hurst-Useless-Bedford area
Posts: 20,572
eepc's suck nutsack.

risa just picked up a HPfrom best buy for like 699 or something, pretty badass little machine.
lowthreeohz is offline  
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 10:15 PM
The first, the original
 
Frank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Mesquite
Posts: 7,397
I have had my Dell 610 for 3 years. I am on the second screen, second hard drive, and second keyboard and battery life has always sucked. I have to run to another outlet if I unplug it. It will go to hibernate as soon as it completes bootup because the battery is so low. The screen started flickering less than a year old. The letters on the keyboard have worn away twice. Most of my letter keys are completely blank. Hard drive crashed twice. The screen hinges are really loose. It performs ok, but I don't think I'd buy one for myself if the company didn't provide this one. I've had IBM Thinkpad's in the past that always seemed to perform better.
Frank is offline  
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Moved to dfw mustangs.net
 
lowthreeohz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Hurst-Useless-Bedford area
Posts: 20,572
i worked on thinkpads for 1.5 years and they're just as susceptible to hd failures, faulty hinges, etc. POS's, if you ask me.
lowthreeohz is offline  
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Texas Rangers #1
 
Kenny_Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Funky Town
Posts: 10,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank
I have had my Dell 610 for 3 years. I am on the second screen, second hard drive, and second keyboard and battery life has always sucked. I have to run to another outlet if I unplug it. It will go to hibernate as soon as it completes bootup because the battery is so low. The screen started flickering less than a year old. The letters on the keyboard have worn away twice. Most of my letter keys are completely blank. Hard drive crashed twice. The screen hinges are really loose. It performs ok, but I don't think I'd buy one for myself if the company didn't provide this one. I've had IBM Thinkpad's in the past that always seemed to perform better.
You need a new battery, they should last at least 2 hours on battery. I have a D610 at work as well, and other than my son popping off a few keys off the keyboard, I have had no issues.

.
Kenny_Stang is offline  
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Licking the windows!
 
MireFire 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: In the tall grass with Snake Doctor
Posts: 3,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
What's the best bang for the buck laptop out right now?

My mother is looking for something as she has a work computer/laptop but wants something of her own to keep personal finance stuff and some geneology stuff and one small program on.

Only requirements honestly are able to use basic programs/msoffice/wireless connection. Half tempted to give her my 1 year old Toshiba and go get me one that has better battery life then 2 fuggin hours.
I see a lot of people offering up the little nettops as their picks... like the acer, EeePC or MSI Wind...things like that. The thing to remember with those is you have to know what all she wants it for. You can chaulk those nettops up to Consumption vs. Production. If she surfs the web, looks at pictures...downloads MP3s, go for it. If she creates spreadsheet, databases...photoshops, does any kind of DV editing...those will not work well at all.

I know I love my new little Dell. I wanted a smaller size then the 15.4" HP I had before this, then looked at the nettops and saw what they were really limited to and then saw this 13.3" Dell @ BestBuy -


Inspiron 1338

Intel Core 2 Duo - T5750 @ 2.0GHz
3GB Ram
250GB HD
13.3" screen
integrated 2.0MP webcam
SD/MMC - Memorystick reader
3 USB
IEEE 1394 Firewire
SLOT loading DL DVD/RW
built-in 802.11G
6-cell battery (full charge, normal use gives 7 hours)
Vista Home Premium

I'm liking it a lot.
MireFire 2.0 is offline  
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 10:41 PM
Motorboat'n Is What I Do!
 
dan03mach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Putting my face between your titties!!!
Posts: 6,206
Another thing if you have good credit and want to put it on a CC you can get one at Best buy and have 0% interest for 6 months. I have a Best Buy card and bought mine on it and just paid it off in less then 3 months. Very good deal if you ask me. If you don't want to spend all the money at one time.
dan03mach is offline  
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 01:23 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: At the Dexter Lake Club
Posts: 12,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan03mach
Another thing if you have good credit and want to put it on a CC you can get one at Best buy and have 0% interest for 6 months. I have a Best Buy card and bought mine on it and just paid it off in less then 3 months. Very good deal if you ask me. If you don't want to spend all the money at one time.
Circuit City does 24 months no interest on laptops over $499, and anything over $999. Dell has 12 months no interest on the XPS ones and the 1330 is pretty nice.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
BP is offline  
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 01:26 AM
tha cookie
 
oreos_stang3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 2,859
i have an hp and i think they are great laptops. reasonable priced to

1999 Ford Mustang- Back in Black: under construction

2004 Honda Element- not so much racing goodies the daily driver
oreos_stang3 is offline  
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 01:38 AM
Super Jew
 
Stroked87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Originally? My dads Penis!
Posts: 2,073
Come see me at Fry's and I will get you a good deal on some clearance laptops we have. I am the DM and will make sure you get something good for the right price. Do you know what her price range is? I have one there I was thinking of buying for myself, it is an HP TX-1420us and was missing the battery so I store completed it with one of the 6 hour extended batteries. It is out of box but works fine and is priced well at $749 (I can work with you on it some). PM me if interested and we can arrange a good time to come in.

______________________________
Dumbass quote:
I couldn't tell if the streaker was a man or a woman because it had a bag on it's head.
-Yogi Berra
Stroked87 is offline  
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 05:46 AM
Motorboat'n Is What I Do!
 
dan03mach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Putting my face between your titties!!!
Posts: 6,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
Circuit City does 24 months no interest on laptops over $499, and anything over $999. Dell has 12 months no interest on the XPS ones and the 1330 is pretty nice.
CC is going out of business.
dan03mach is offline  
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 10:10 AM
Licking the windows!
 
MireFire 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: In the tall grass with Snake Doctor
Posts: 3,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by oreos_stang3
i have an hp and i think they are great laptops. reasonable priced to
I like HP's also...I think they are top notch, however I have read a lot of complaints about their battery life. Both during day-to-day use, and overall length of life. I have 1st hand experiance with my HP's battery shitting out, I had it not one full month after the 1 year warranty expired and the battery life started to rapidly deminish. Well after about another 30 days...It couldn't go 10 minutes from full charge to shutting itself down from a dead battery.

I called HP and went through the "tech's" suggestions on refreshing the battery's memory...nothing worked, they wanted $125 for a new battery...I laughed at them. About 5 months later it took a complete shit on me (think it was the internal power supply, or mobo) ...sold it for parts on eGay for $185 and went and bought a Dell.
MireFire 2.0 is offline  
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan03mach
CC is going out of business.
Someone would buy CC's debt/credit card and take over that income...and she will be paying cash for this regardless.
Nate is offline  
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Lifer
 
Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: DFW
Posts: 13,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU
I know right. My 17" Toshiba sux a donkey dick for battery life.
X2 mine lasts about 1.5hrs fucking piece of shit

98 Brokra
Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~ is offline  
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Cummins > Powerstroke
 
8mpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: id rather be cummin than strokin
Posts: 19,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by MireFire 2.0
I see a lot of people offering up the little nettops as their picks... like the acer, EeePC or MSI Wind...things like that. The thing to remember with those is you have to know what all she wants it for. You can chaulk those nettops up to Consumption vs. Production. If she surfs the web, looks at pictures...downloads MP3s, go for it. If she creates spreadsheet, databases...photoshops, does any kind of DV editing...those will not work well at all.

I know I love my new little Dell. I wanted a smaller size then the 15.4" HP I had before this, then looked at the nettops and saw what they were really limited to and then saw this 13.3" Dell @ BestBuy -


Inspiron 1338

Intel Core 2 Duo - T5750 @ 2.0GHz
3GB Ram
250GB HD
13.3" screen
integrated 2.0MP webcam
SD/MMC - Memorystick reader
3 USB
IEEE 1394 Firewire
SLOT loading DL DVD/RW
built-in 802.11G
6-cell battery (full charge, normal use gives 7 hours)
Vista Home Premium

I'm liking it a lot.
Im calling bullshit.. I have the exact same laptop (using it right now) and on power saver mode, I get 4.5hrs MAX battery life with the 9 cell battery.

I do really like this laptop and really recommend it. It was $650 ($200 cheaper than building it on Dell's site) from Best Buy. Battery life is excellent, screen is nice. The only reason it gets the 4.5 hr life is because of the 9 cell battery (included) and it has a 13.3" screen

So dont forget guys...the bigger the screen the shorter the battery life. It is the #1 power drain on a laptop. I had a Toshiba 15.4" from 1.5 years ago and it was a great laptop. Only problem was bad battery life.. (1.5hrs max)...but it was expected due to the screen size and standard battery.

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
8mpg is offline  
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Licking the windows!
 
MireFire 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: In the tall grass with Snake Doctor
Posts: 3,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mpg
Im calling bullshit.. I have the exact same laptop (using it right now) and on power saver mode, I get 4.5hrs MAX battery life with the 9 cell battery.

I do really like this laptop and really recommend it. It was $650 ($200 cheaper than building it on Dell's site) from Best Buy. Battery life is excellent, screen is nice. The only reason it gets the 4.5 hr life is because of the 9 cell battery (included) and it has a 13.3" screen

So dont forget guys...the bigger the screen the shorter the battery life. It is the #1 power drain on a laptop. I had a Toshiba 15.4" from 1.5 years ago and it was a great laptop. Only problem was bad battery life.. (1.5hrs max)...but it was expected due to the screen size and standard battery.
I am just going by what it says when I mouse over the battery icon when not on the charger. It might say that for 10 mins then drop to 4, or 4.5 hours...I don't know, I hardly ever take it off the charger. The only con I can find on mine is that I wish the trackpad was a little larger, my HP was almost double the size and I wish I had that back...other than that, I like it a LOT.
MireFire 2.0 is offline  
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 12:25 PM
tha cookie
 
oreos_stang3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 2,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by MireFire 2.0
I like HP's also...I think they are top notch, however I have read a lot of complaints about their battery life. Both during day-to-day use, and overall length of life. I have 1st hand experiance with my HP's battery shitting out, I had it not one full month after the 1 year warranty expired and the battery life started to rapidly deminish. Well after about another 30 days...It couldn't go 10 minutes from full charge to shutting itself down from a dead battery.

I called HP and went through the "tech's" suggestions on refreshing the battery's memory...nothing worked, they wanted $125 for a new battery...I laughed at them. About 5 months later it took a complete shit on me (think it was the internal power supply, or mobo) ...sold it for parts on eGay for $185 and went and bought a Dell.
this is my first laptop only had it bout 6 months. it does really good. i usually dont take it anywhere and it usually stays plugged in anyway so i dont worry bout battery. but we will see

1999 Ford Mustang- Back in Black: under construction

2004 Honda Element- not so much racing goodies the daily driver
oreos_stang3 is offline  
post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Waco
Posts: 1,329
Whatever you buy or currently own. If you're going to have it plugged into a wall for an extended period of time and you're not charging the battery, take it out. I've found that a good number of newer laptops will run without the battery in them if they're plugged in.
racrguy is offline  
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 02:13 PM
I. Am. God.
 
Shoot To Kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: the valley
Posts: 5,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan03mach
How do dells suck? All the computers up here at my work are Dells the survers are dells and we never had one issue with them and they never shut off. I guess they must be pretty good.
because every dell i've owned has been a complete POS. that's how i know/think they're pieces of shit.

1994 Cobra Pace Car For Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56482
only on DFWstangs...
Shoot To Kill is offline  
post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Lifer
 
BLKGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Odessa, TX
Posts: 1,254
i picked up my first laptop from BestBuy yesterday for $659

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...tegoryId=16154


94 Triple black GT auto w/shift kit, 3:55 gears and pulleys
Trolls Needed
BLKGT is offline  
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Joshua Texas
Posts: 603
I just ordered a dell 1525 for $395 on the eep program. I only need it to surf because the competition at home is too much. It is a celeron which is why I figure it was so cheap. The desktop I have is a dell three years and not one problem. I have a compaq labtop and had nothing but problems. My decision to buy the dell is based on how impressed I have been with Dell. The only problem I have had is with the printer and they just sent a new one.


2000 Black GT Conv.
07 Kawasaki ZZR 600 (Recovered by the good guys)
84 Jeep CJ-7 (My Toy)
04 Lincoln Aviator (Her Toy)
2000 vert is offline  
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 04:37 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: At the Dexter Lake Club
Posts: 12,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan03mach
CC is going out of business.
Chase isn't and that's who does their financing.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
BP is offline  
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 08:20 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Alvarado, Tx - B.F.E.
Posts: 599
I worked for Fry's selling laptops/pc's for 5 years and I know from experience which ones are better etc etc...

No perticular order..

Toshiba - most reliable, drop it, still works. Best bang for the buck. Battery's do tend to suck a little. <---- my pick, I do own one, been awesome for the past 5 years, not a single problem, been dropped a few times.

Fujitsu - Horrible, pixels go bad constantly, keyboards fall apart, cheap $$$ (trust me, would piss me off when someone would return on, commission hit).

Sony - Very good laptop, Pricey. No perticular problems, just pricey.

Hp and Compaq - Hit and miss laptops, sold alot of them and had alot of problems with misc bs from usb ports not working, pixels out, screen loose, touch pad inop. for the money they aren't bad but would buy other brand.

Acer - Cheap laptop, not alot of support. (did not sell at fry's, but I did have experiences in repair dept)

Great Quality (Also known as GQ, Fry's Special) - Hahahahaha, thats all.

Dell - ???? Never sold them, heard good and bad things (usual bs)

Good luck!

2001 Arctic White M6 SS - 2005 Iron 6.0, Comp 224 566 115, LS2 Chain, LS6 Pump, TR Pushrods, ARP Rod Bolts, LS6 Intake, Home Built Front Mount MP T-76 Q-Trim Turbo, 60lb Inj, TurboWerx Pump, Racetronix Kit, Spec 3+, - 9psi 545rwhp/542rwtq - More Boost to Come!

*SOLD* '91 Coupe, LS1/TH350, Heads 'n Cam, 6.72 @ 102 N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick96GT View Post
Also, 280lbs ain't a lady.
j99frc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome