Hmmm, I figured there would be some sort of GTA IV Bashing in here - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
<Insert Title Here>

Hmmm, I figured there would be some sort of GTA IV Bashing in here

Guess not...

GTA IV is turning out to be THE worst port ever. Guys with Q6600 and 4 gb of ram coupled with SLi/Crossfire can't even get it above medium specs...not to mention right off the launch date Multiplayer is broken, you have to log into 3 different programs to play SINGLEPLAYER and some people are getting nabbed by glitches with their cards to where NO textures are getting displayed.

Anyone have GTA IV?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Turn Your Swag On!

works pretty good on my XBOX360

???

1955 F-100
2006 S2000
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 06:29 PM
fuckcanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swag
works pretty good on my XBOX360

???
He's talking about how bad the game runs on people with high end pc's...

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Canada is welcome here.

If you think thats bad, don't ever try to play Crysis. Computer would probly explode and burn down your house.

But seriously, GTA4 even locks up my 360 a lot. Damned game. I paid 60 bucks for it and cant even play it lol. Oh well, time to sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 09:34 AM
11-05-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95
If you think thats bad, don't ever try to play Crysis. Computer would probly explode and burn down your house.

But seriously, GTA4 even locks up my 360 a lot. Damned game. I paid 60 bucks for it and cant even play it lol. Oh well, time to sell.

You just suck. I run Crysis, and Crysis Warhead flawlessly on my machine. You have more PC problems than I used to.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris
You just suck. I run Crysis, and Crysis Warhead flawlessly on my machine. You have more PC problems than I used to.
had no problems on crysis.. even on my old machine.,

D.
Pain, is weakness leaving the body.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 12:18 PM
$uper $low

People still game on pc's for anything other than MMO's and strategy games? Why?

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Time Served

buy a ps3.

SCT Tuned, K&N 77-Series Intake, Magnaflow Duals Cat-back, Cragar / Weld Prostars w/ BFG Radials..
Ohh yeah it's a Ranger..
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 01:00 PM
DERP DERP DERP

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashonthebeach
buy a ps3.
What he said.

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 02:38 PM
Time Served

Quote:
No, that is the problem

2001 Arctic White M6 SS - 2005 Iron 6.0, Comp 224 566 115, LS2 Chain, LS6 Pump, TR Pushrods, ARP Rod Bolts, LS6 Intake, Home Built Front Mount MP T-76 Q-Trim Turbo, 60lb Inj, TurboWerx Pump, Racetronix Kit, Spec 3+, - 9psi 545rwhp/542rwtq - More Boost to Come!

*SOLD* '91 Coupe, LS1/TH350, Heads 'n Cam, 6.72 @ 102 N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick96GT View Post
Also, 280lbs ain't a lady.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus
People still game on pc's for anything other than MMO's and strategy games? Why?
FPS are much better on pc but it cost to much to keep up so i got out of pc gaming and now play on my ps3 or 360.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 04:30 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus
FPS on PC >>>>>>>>>>>>>> FPS on console
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Professional Driver

It's Ok, lockup or not, the game itself sucks worse than all the previous GTAs anyway!
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 10:26 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71chevellejohn
It's Ok, lockup or not, the game itself sucks worse than all the previous GTAs anyway!
You must not have played the original GTAs. The London one was wretched.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 04:28 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris
Can you max all settings and maintain a playable (35-40) FPS? Didn't think so. Cause thats what i judge a system by, not just the very fact that you can put the game in and get it to play. If that were the standard, then my current rig is good for about 11 more years...

Not to mention that i did't even list my rig's specifications...

Quote:
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"

Last edited by justinsn95; 12-06-2008 at 04:37 PM.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
Can you max all settings and maintain a playable (35-40) FPS? Didn't think so. Cause thats what i judge a system by, not just the very fact that you can put the game in and get it to play. If that were the standard, then my current rig is good for about 11 more years...

Not to mention that i did't even list my rig's specifications...
i can...

D.
Pain, is weakness leaving the body.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 01:42 PM
fuckcanada

Quote:

Crysis is a joke at 1920x1200 Max, DX10 4xAA here..
Well not a Joke, but I don't have any issues running them smoothly (quad/4gb/sli'd 260's).

GTA IV on the other hand runs like ass on my machine even with the new beta drivers 180.84, which just so happened to break SLI in FC2 and Crysis

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Well with a 4Ghz Q9650 and 2 gtx 280's in SLi, i really dont have a problem either. But it's still the most demanding for right now. GTA4 is nothing compared to it when it comes to resources needed to run it on the highest possible settings. And i mean with AA and AF maxed as well, not just pushing the "Very High" button and thinking you are the shit.

Quote:

Quote:
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 09:24 AM
fuckcanada

Quote:
Well with a 4Ghz Q9650 and 2 gtx 280's in SLi, i really dont have a problem either. But it's still the most demanding for right now. GTA4 is nothing compared to it when it comes to resources needed to run it on the highest possible settings. And i mean with AA and AF maxed as well, not just pushing the "Very High" button and thinking you are the shit.
How did you get AA to work with GTA IV? From what i've read/seen GTAIV uses a rendering method where proper AA is impossible without DX10.
And since it doesn't support DX10, that pretty much leaves AA out the window.

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath
How did you get AA to work with GTA IV? From what i've read/seen GTAIV uses a rendering method where proper AA is impossible without DX10.
And since it doesn't support DX10, that pretty much leaves AA out the window.
Im afraid im not sure what you are talking about. I have vista, which is capable of running the latest dx. As for the AA and AF, i was still referring to Crysis. And i have never even tried to run GTA4 on a PC, i just know enough about the game (from the reviews i guess) to know that it doesn't compare to crysis in terms of the resources needed to run the game on the upper upper settings. Sure most people would consider both games to be demanding, but Crysis would fall into the very demanding category with respect to the topmost settings. So much so that i would guess that most are not even capable of running it on the lowest settings, much less the highest. Again just to clarify, thats with a respectable playable framerate, not just getting the game to load up play looking like hammered shit.

Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by justinsn95; 12-10-2008 at 06:45 PM.
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 08:52 AM
11-05-09

Crysis is an icredibly tough game to run. It ran fine for me using high settings, not very high or ultra. Common sense says don't run a game higherbthan your machine can handle. It's your own damn fault your tuning 11 fps. Either dump money intoba better upgrade, or tone the game down.
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 04:40 PM
fuckcanada

Quote:
Im afraid im not sure what you are talking about. I have vista, which is capable of running the latest dx. As for the AA and AF, i was still referring to Crysis.
My bad I thought you meant GTA IV, basically the game doesn't support DX10 just DX9. And when I meant that AA doesn't work I meant it as they would have had to make the game run in DX10 to allow for AA to be used.

Someone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, but based on what i've read and seen in interviews I think i'm spot on.

post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 07:19 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath
My bad I thought you meant GTA IV, basically the game doesn't support DX10 just DX9. And when I meant that AA doesn't work I meant it as they would have had to make the game run in DX10 to allow for AA to be used.

Someone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, but based on what i've read and seen in interviews I think i'm spot on.
It would have to be a DX10 game for the nvidia drivers to be able to force AA. Since it's using a proprietary DX9 engine without any interfaces coded yet, it can't be forced, but since that's a standard for DX10 that would solve the problem.

Apparently the next patch solves the problems with AA and allows it to be initialized. Whenever that comes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement