COD 5 & Resistance 2 - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
yes, jluv
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 17,073
COD 5 & Resistance 2

I play video games less than once every 3 months. I have a bunch that I've never even opened. I was bored this weekend so I decided to play the new Call of Duty. I beat it Saturday. I played on and off, so I'm not exactly sure how many hours, but maybe 5 or 6? I'm honestly just not sure. I liked COD 4 a lot better.

I went ahead and started playing Resistance 2 afterwards. I'm maybe 2-3 hours into it and it's pretty cool. I'm pissed that it doesn't have the split screen 2-player campaign mode. That's what I liked about the first one. And it's almost like every "checkpoint" starts a puzzle. You have to die a few times at each new area to figure out where to go and what order to do things in. That gets somewhat annoying. The graphics and humongous bad guys make it all worth it though.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. I know a lot of you don't give a shit about the campaign modes anyway. I've never played anything online.
jluv is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Alvarado, Tx - B.F.E.
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
I play video games less than once every 3 months. I have a bunch that I've never even opened. I was bored this weekend so I decided to play the new Call of Duty. I beat it Saturday. I played on and off, so I'm not exactly sure how many hours, but maybe 5 or 6? I'm honestly just not sure. I liked COD 4 a lot better.
What hardness level, Easy?

On-Line is badass on cod5. Search and Destroy, doesn't get any better than that.

2001 Arctic White M6 SS - 2005 Iron 6.0, Comp 224 566 115, LS2 Chain, LS6 Pump, TR Pushrods, ARP Rod Bolts, LS6 Intake, Home Built Front Mount MP T-76 Q-Trim Turbo, 60lb Inj, TurboWerx Pump, Racetronix Kit, Spec 3+, - 9psi 545rwhp/542rwtq - More Boost to Come!

*SOLD* '91 Coupe, LS1/TH350, Heads 'n Cam, 6.72 @ 102 N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick96GT View Post
Also, 280lbs ain't a lady.
j99frc is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Slingin rock on da corner
 
NTexas_V-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sherman TX
Posts: 3,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by j99frc
What hardness level, Easy?

On-Line is badass on cod5. Search and Destroy, doesn't get any better than that.

Details....??


I also never play online, but here lately I've been thinking about getting into some XBox Live, and I'm curious about which games are "the shit" online, and which ones are just "shit".

Educate me.

Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to kill them.


God Bless our Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMCev View Post
sass me again and see what happens...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
I knew you were a titty hating fag the moment I met you.

2007 Harley Davidson Street Bob
2003 King Ranch F-150
NTexas_V-Star is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Alvarado, Tx - B.F.E.
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTexas_V-Star
Details....??


I also never play online, but here lately I've been thinking about getting into some XBox Live, and I'm curious about which games are "the shit" online, and which ones are just "shit".

Educate me.
I'm PS3, doesn't matter tho, online still kicks ass. S&D you have to either protect the bomb area (Area A, B or C) , or you have to plant the bomb. You can diffuse the bomb if someone plants it. Usually play no respawns, 6 on 6, 4 on 4, or whatever. Really is badass, can play for flippin hours.

Need to check it out.

2001 Arctic White M6 SS - 2005 Iron 6.0, Comp 224 566 115, LS2 Chain, LS6 Pump, TR Pushrods, ARP Rod Bolts, LS6 Intake, Home Built Front Mount MP T-76 Q-Trim Turbo, 60lb Inj, TurboWerx Pump, Racetronix Kit, Spec 3+, - 9psi 545rwhp/542rwtq - More Boost to Come!

*SOLD* '91 Coupe, LS1/TH350, Heads 'n Cam, 6.72 @ 102 N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick96GT View Post
Also, 280lbs ain't a lady.
j99frc is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
yes, jluv
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 17,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by j99frc
What hardness level, Easy?

On-Line is badass on cod5. Search and Destroy, doesn't get any better than that.

No, not easy. The next one up. I may give it another try on the next hardness level. Does it add more stages to the game or are there just more guys shooting at you? If it's the latter, I'm not really interested in doing the same game over again.

Maybe one day I'll try the online stuff. It just doesn't sound interesting to me yet.
jluv is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Alvarado, Tx - B.F.E.
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
No, not easy. The next one up. I may give it another try on the next hardness level. Does it add more stages to the game or are there just more guys shooting at you? If it's the latter, I'm not really interested in doing the same game over again.

Maybe one day I'll try the online stuff. It just doesn't sound interesting to me yet.
Changes how much damage is taken when hit, and more enemies.

These games are 60%-70% built for online gaming. I was reluctant to online game, but man if you have the connection, you are missing out bigtime by not online gaming. Lotta cool people too..

2001 Arctic White M6 SS - 2005 Iron 6.0, Comp 224 566 115, LS2 Chain, LS6 Pump, TR Pushrods, ARP Rod Bolts, LS6 Intake, Home Built Front Mount MP T-76 Q-Trim Turbo, 60lb Inj, TurboWerx Pump, Racetronix Kit, Spec 3+, - 9psi 545rwhp/542rwtq - More Boost to Come!

*SOLD* '91 Coupe, LS1/TH350, Heads 'n Cam, 6.72 @ 102 N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick96GT View Post
Also, 280lbs ain't a lady.
j99frc is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 06:38 PM
is chilaxing
 
Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,760
Haven't played COD 5, so I can't say anything on that. I do play Resis 2, and I think it's badass. I'm pretty far into it story right now. I play campaign online, which I think is pretty fun. Campaign online is a different story, but parallel to 1st player story(if that makes sense).
Rafa is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Dude, Jared, go get a copy of Socom. You HAVE to at least give online gaming a shot. It's so much more realistic. And with more game modes. Domination (control points, the team that has control over the most control points in the given time frame, wins), Demolition (plant a bomb in selected area), Escort (depending on which team you're on, you have to either escort/protect hostages or kill the hostages), etc.


You're playing actual people, instead of some crappy AI retard, that isn't intelligent at all. It takes actualy skill, instead of bullshit run and gun that you use in the story line. If you try to run out with your guns blazing in online mode, you're going to get whacked with a quickness. You work with your teammates, use your headsets to call out opponents, etc. It takes skill and tactics to win. It's so much more fun. Just give it a shot.

I don't even buy games for story lines anymore. They're worthless. There's no point to them, and too easy to beat. FWIW, I haven't played a game yet where the higher difficulty affects the story line. All the difficulty does, is add opponents and increase the AI of the opponents. Even then, it's still pretty dumb/easy. Computers are predictable. As much as they make them try to not be, they are. With actual people as your opponents, it adds human element, element of surprise, human error, etc.
bcoop is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Dude, Jared, go get a copy of Socom. You HAVE to at least give online gaming a shot. It's so much more realistic. And with more game modes. Domination (control points, the team that has control over the most control points in the given time frame, wins), Demolition (plant a bomb in selected area), Escort (depending on which team you're on, you have to either escort/protect hostages or kill the hostages), etc.


You're playing actual people, instead of some crappy AI retard, that isn't intelligent at all. It takes actualy skill, instead of bullshit run and gun that you use in the story line. If you try to run out with your guns blazing in online mode, you're going to get whacked with a quickness. You work with your teammates, use your headsets to call out opponents, etc. It takes skill and tactics to win. It's so much more fun. Just give it a shot.

I don't even buy games for story lines anymore. They're worthless. There's no point to them, and too easy to beat. FWIW, I haven't played a game yet where the higher difficulty affects the story line. All the difficulty does, is add opponents and increase the AI of the opponents. Even then, it's still pretty dumb/easy. Computers are predictable. As much as they make them try to not be, they are. With actual people as your opponents, it adds human element, element of surprise, human error, etc.
Very true. I've played online a few times and it's so much more exciting. I just never have enough free time to get better at playing against actual people so I tend to suck at it and be "dead" weight.
94StangFiveO is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 8,772
COD 4 is much better than COD Worlds at War
TOMMY is offline  
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMY
COD 4 is much better than COD Worlds at War
That is also true.
94StangFiveO is offline  
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Ide fuck her in the ass..
 
Da Prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: CrooKed I muthafucker!
Posts: 42,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by j99frc
What hardness level, Easy?

On-Line is badass on cod5. Search and Destroy, doesn't get any better than that.
search and destroy is all i play when i am online... yall hit me up Crooked_I_Killa...




WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Da Prez is offline  
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 08:32 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Alvarado, Tx - B.F.E.
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
search and destroy is all i play when i am online... yall hit me up Crooked_I_Killa...
Look you up tonight. My bro is pretty badass which we have formed a pretty good team. I'll be on abour 9:30-11 tonight. <--- that's all i look forward to nowadays.

2001 Arctic White M6 SS - 2005 Iron 6.0, Comp 224 566 115, LS2 Chain, LS6 Pump, TR Pushrods, ARP Rod Bolts, LS6 Intake, Home Built Front Mount MP T-76 Q-Trim Turbo, 60lb Inj, TurboWerx Pump, Racetronix Kit, Spec 3+, - 9psi 545rwhp/542rwtq - More Boost to Come!

*SOLD* '91 Coupe, LS1/TH350, Heads 'n Cam, 6.72 @ 102 N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick96GT View Post
Also, 280lbs ain't a lady.
j99frc is offline  
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 08:35 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Stephenville
Posts: 261
Hardcore Search FTMFW. Oh and on a complete seperate note that nazi zombie shit is awesome.

D

Big D is offline  
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 12:28 PM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,540
I wish they would construct these games where there is more content for non-online gamers. I have wi-fi at the house but latency can be an issue.

Which leaves me just playing the game, going through missions, going at it on harder levels and so on.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams


Sean88gt is offline  
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
I wish they would construct these games where there is more content for non-online gamers. I have wi-fi at the house but latency can be an issue.

Which leaves me just playing the game, going through missions, going at it on harder levels and so on.


They have internet in backwoods Kentucky? And here I thought they were lucky to just have teeth....
bcoop is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome