help dell pc wont boot - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

help dell pc wont boot

the computer is a dell dimension e510
at first when i would try to turn it on it would cycle throught the wondows xp and then just stop sending a signal to the monitor. i only know this because the screen would go blank and the power button would turn orange. other times i tried to start it up it would get past the dell screen and acted like it was moving on to the xp lodaing screen and then beep and tell me video driver missing or corrupt or even not configured correctly. now i tried to get it going today and i logged in and got stuck on the welcome screen. this thing is driving me nuts can someone please help me get this thing going again.
thanks in advance
israel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:29 PM
Thats against the law Man

Start with step #3.....

How to determine whether your video graphics adapter driver is causing the video issue
To determine whether the video graphics adapter driver is causing the video issue, restart your computer in Safe mode. Then, try to reproduce the video issue. To do this, follow these steps.

Note We recommend that you disable video acceleration before you try to reproduce the video issue. The program code does not change when you change the video acceleration. However, the use of problematic accelerated driver routines is disabled when you change the video acceleration. If you stop experiencing the video issue after you change the video acceleration, the video issue that you are experiencing is video graphics adapter driver-related.1. Click Start, and then click Shut Down.
2. In the Shut Down Windows dialog box, click Restart.
3. Press and hold F8 while the operating system loads.
4. Click Safe Mode.

Note If you are running a shared copy of Office, click Safe mode with network support.
5. Press ENTER.
6. Test the video issue.

If the video issue is resolved, your video graphics adapter driver may be the cause. When you run Microsoft Windows in Safe mode, Windows uses the default settings. For example, if you run Windows in Safe mode, the VGA monitor, the Microsoft mouse driver, and the minimum device drivers that you must have to start Windows are used.

Additionally, there is no network available. Therefore, the video issue that you are experiencing might be related to any software that extends the functionality of these default settings.

If the video issue is not resolved, the video issue is probably not related to the video graphics adapter driver or to the video subsystem.
7. Restart the computer in Normal mode.

Back to the top

What to do if your video graphics adapter driver is causing the video issue
If the video issue is caused by your video graphics adapter, use one or more of the following methods to resolve the problem:1. Change the screen refresh rate of the monitor. To do this, follow these steps:a. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Appearance and Themes, and then click Display. Alternatively, right-click the desktop, and then click Properties.
b. Click the Settings tab, and then click Advanced.
c. Click the Monitor tab, and then click the screen refresh rate that you want to use. If you are using Windows 2000, click the Refresh Frequency that you want to use.
Notes• The default screen refresh rate setting is 60 Hertz (HZ). However, the monitor may support a higher setting. Refer to the manufacturer documentation for more information about the settings that the monitor supports.
• If you use a higher refresh rate, you can reduce the rate at which the screen flickers. However, if you specify a screen refresh rate that is too high for the monitor, the screen may become unusable. Additionally, your hardware may be damaged.
• Changes to the screen refresh rate affect all users who log on to the computer.

2. Reduce the hardware acceleration. Reduce the hardware acceleration until the problem is resolved. To change the hardware acceleration, use the method that is appropriate for the Microsoft Windows operating system that you are using.
Microsoft Windows XP
a. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
b. Click Appearance and Themes.
c. Click Display.

Note If you use Windows Classic themes, use the following step:• Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Display.

d. On the Settings tab, click Advanced.
e. On the Troubleshoot tab, move the Hardware acceleration slider control to the second position from your left, and then click OK.

Note The following message is the description for this slider control position:
Disable all DirectDraw and Direct 3D accelerations, as well as all cursor and advanced drawing accelerations. Use this setting to correct severe problems with DirectX accelerated applications.
f. Click OK to close the Display Properties dialog box.

================================================== ==

If this doesn't help try searching at http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

If that still doesn't help shoot me a PM - I'll get you to someone that can asst.

69/70ish Mustang
Dedicated To The Hater Purists

70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

ok so i tried what yo sent me but right after the os screen i get the black screen see attached pic. so i hit f1 to proceed, i then hit f8 and select safe mode and loads the drivers and then stops at the blue screen see attached pic. tanks for your help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2288-1.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	88370   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2290-1.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	88371  

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:06 PM
2girls1cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerous_sep
ok so i tried what yo sent me but right after the os screen i get the black screen see attached pic. so i hit f1 to proceed, i then hit f8 and select safe mode and loads the drivers and then stops at the blue screen see attached pic. tanks for your help

Blue Screen of Death!!! Your screwed. Where do you live? Might be able to help you out.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Very Interesting

video card or video driver issue

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue5spd
Blue Screen of Death!!! Your screwed. Where do you live? Might be able to help you out.
garland mesquite area
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Thats against the law Man

Likely video card...you have someone you can borrow one from to test?

69/70ish Mustang
Dedicated To The Hater Purists

70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 09:08 PM
duh...duh....duh

Wow, kudos to the OP. Taking the time to take pictures.

I hate PCs.

My '03 Sold.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rreemo
no sir sure wish i did right about now
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Googlist-Wikipedian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rreemo
whats the error code.

0x0000135235n252

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt4m3x
whats the error code.

0x0000135235n252
0x000000B4 (0x820af538, 0x820ac000, 0x820ab000, 0x00050000)
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerous_sep
0x000000B4 (0x820af538, 0x820ac000, 0x820ab000, 0x00050000)

anyone....
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 12:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue5spd
Blue Screen of Death!!!
i have never seen anyone else call it that. we used to use that term in the air force when our test station crapped out.

1995 Cobra

8.8 1/8th mile on stock motor (225k miles) w/exhaust 3.73's and drag radials.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement