Anyone with HTC touch screen with iPhone interface? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
FTH!
 
034V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: North Texas
Posts: 4,001
Anyone with HTC touch screen with iPhone interface?

So I have an HTC touch screen phone and installed nearly everything the iPhone has.

Seems neat so far just wondering if anyone has done this on here and if they have noticed issues.

Completely customizable iPhone interface, sliding contacts, iPhone dialer, iPhone "slide to use" lock, sliding image viewer, calendar, iPhone keyboard, google maps and a few more so far.

For the folks that want a little more from their HTC WM5 or WM6 unit, this may help.

Yes I was bored one day.. lol..

Hell, it's all free stuff though..

Let me know issues you are noticing if any.

Thanks!
034V is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 07:27 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,173
I "cooked" a custom rom for my HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul) and the thing was dog slow. I flashed back to the latest Sprint ROM and added a few of the things I actually used. I am happier with the performance and functionality now. S2U2 is my favorite, no more pocket dials.
usmcluke is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Turn Your Swag On!
 
Swag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,707
Outside of the "slide to use" locking feature, my Diamond does all of that

1955 F-100
2006 S2000
Swag is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
FTH!
 
034V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: North Texas
Posts: 4,001
Yeah I had basic WM6 home and other stylus friendly features but got sick of it quick.

For a while went back to using a basic T9 phone for texting too.

Got the T-Mobile Wing like right when it came out and it was very bland to say the least, so I got bored with it quick.

Figured I would play with the HTC that was sitting there not getting used. I almost forgot the number on the damn thing. Still looks new btw..

Installed these emulators on the SD and a few games and started to like it again.

I'm not about to go buy a new phone though.

This one runs pretty quick with the apps. I've got the whole Transformers movie and like a hundred or so songs on it too.

Comes in handy when I travel lol..

Love the bluetooth stereo headphones too!
034V is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 11:57 PM
DERP DERP DERP
 
90GT50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Close one eye, step to the side.
Posts: 36,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by 034V
Yeah I had basic WM6 home and other stylus friendly features but got sick of it quick.

For a while went back to using a basic T9 phone for texting too.

Got the T-Mobile Wing like right when it came out and it was very bland to say the least, so I got bored with it quick.

Figured I would play with the HTC that was sitting there not getting used. I almost forgot the number on the damn thing. Still looks new btw..

Installed these emulators on the SD and a few games and started to like it again.

I'm not about to go buy a new phone though.

This one runs pretty quick with the apps. I've got the whole Transformers movie and like a hundred or so songs on it too.

Comes in handy when I travel lol..

Love the bluetooth stereo headphones too!
What emulators are you using? Shoot me a link.

90GT50 is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 12:22 AM
Googlist-Wikipedian
 
Hunt4m3x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: de_aztec
Posts: 4,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swag
Outside of the "slide to use" locking feature, my Diamond does all of that

How you like it so far?

I am waiting for the Touch Pro.

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness







Ban count: 2
Hunt4m3x is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 12:41 AM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by 034V
So I have an HTC touch screen phone and installed nearly everything the iPhone has.

Seems neat so far just wondering if anyone has done this on here and if they have noticed issues.

Completely customizable iPhone interface, sliding contacts, iPhone dialer, iPhone "slide to use" lock, sliding image viewer, calendar, iPhone keyboard, google maps and a few more so far.

For the folks that want a little more from their HTC WM5 or WM6 unit, this may help.

Yes I was bored one day.. lol..

Hell, it's all free stuff though..

Let me know issues you are noticing if any.

Thanks!
yeah, but it had a lot of problems, crashes, difficult to get shit done with it.
CJ is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
FTH!
 
034V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: North Texas
Posts: 4,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GT50
What emulators are you using? Shoot me a link.
Got them from here.. http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/


Using iFonz 0.9.9 or some shit. They have a newer version ready for higher .NET Framework too but this one runs faster.
S2V slide to view
S2U2 slide to use
CM iContacts
CM iDialer
Google Maps
S2P slide to play
iPhone image viewer
iCalendar
and a few games

Also have HTC Diamond Home and Icons if I get sick of the iPhone. Just slide the iPhone emulator out of the way and you can use it. Works well with HTC Home Customizer too

I strongly suggest saving these on the SIM. Runs a lot better and can easily be reinstalled if you need to reboot.
034V is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome