Iphone Issue? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
LUCIFER

Iphone Issue?

I can't DL my itunes onto my iphone, it keeps giving me the error stating that I need to be connected to a Wi-Fi Network to connect?

What am I doing wrong here?

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
LUCIFER

Then my itunes on my computer says my iphone needs itunes 7.7 or later, I've DL'd version 8 onto it but it still doesn't work right?

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2008, 12:28 AM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtheman1
I can't DL my itunes onto my iphone, it keeps giving me the error stating that I need to be connected to a Wi-Fi Network to connect?

What do you mean you can't download your iTunes onto your iPhone? You download and install iTunes onto your computer. Maybe I'm not understanding what your saying or your not describing the problem properly

Now I've heard that there have been issues with iTunes 8 particularly with Vista.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2008, 12:44 AM
Lifer

i think he was trying to connect to itunes store using the icon on the phone, that icon is used for purchasing itunes music when your on a wifi, not to transfer your library. you have to use the usb for syncing... as far as the problem with itunes 8, like i suggested in the other thread, visit the apple section of howardforums.com

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2008, 07:01 AM Thread Starter
LUCIFER

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose
What do you mean you can't download your iTunes onto your iPhone? You download and install iTunes onto your computer. Maybe I'm not understanding what your saying or your not describing the problem properly

Now I've heard that there have been issues with iTunes 8 particularly with Vista.

Let me clarify my mess. LOL

I have Itunes on my cpu, I connected my iphone to my cpu via usb but a message popped up stating that my iphone needed Itunes 7.7 or better to work? It wouldn't allow me to transfer songs, vids, etc onto my iphone.

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2008, 07:06 AM Thread Starter
LUCIFER

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgaijin
i think he was trying to connect to itunes store using the icon on the phone, that icon is used for purchasing itunes music when your on a wifi, not to transfer your library. you have to use the usb for syncing... as far as the problem with itunes 8, like i suggested in the other thread, visit the apple section of howardforums.com
I tried the usb to my home cpu itunes to sync but it wouldn't allow my iphone to work due to it needing itunes 7.7 or better

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2008, 07:11 AM
dead

Quote:

here is a guess... you need to connect to a WiFi network from your phone to use the itunes app on your phone.

Quote:
Then my itunes on my computer says my iphone needs itunes 7.7 or later, I've DL'd version 8 onto it but it still doesn't work right?
you probably downloaded version 8 but never installed it. go to apple.com download new itunes version, install it.

if it doesnt work, uninstall any itunes you may have on your computer then reinstall.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2008, 11:41 AM
Boost is Good

kinda silly, but have you tried powering the phone off and back on?
I had a similar issue connecting to wifi networks and edge, that fixed it.

Stand by or fight while Obama wages his war against capitalism...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement