Fixed my Rock Band pedal for free using 16 gauge steel - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Thumbs up Fixed my Rock Band pedal for free using 16 gauge steel

My pedal broke a few months ago and I finally had a chance to fix it this weekend. Only took about an hour and a little metal fabrication but now it works great. I thought about painting it but right now it already matches the silver vertical bars on the drum set.

Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Murcielago exhaust set up, Hydratech Hydraboost.
ILLUSION Website
--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Baller

couldn't just settle for some quickset epoxy or JB weld?

haha...nice work though...that's dedication.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 12:41 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdaddy
couldn't just settle for some quickset epoxy or JB weld?

haha...nice work though...that's dedication.
Looks like he wanted it to be fixed for a longer period of time...

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 01:15 PM
Still Slow

nice, take it to some alum and start making axis knockoffs :-P

94 RX7:T56, LS1
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

I just checked ebay for "rock band pedal fix" and it looks like there are already a lot of people doing exactly what I did. I never thought about looking on there. Thats fine because mine was free anyway. I could easily mass produce these but people already have them on there for a decent price.

Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Murcielago exhaust set up, Hydratech Hydraboost.
ILLUSION Website
--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Banned

I've always wondered if you can get two of the bass pedals and a mini-jack splitter and hook two up at once. that'd be kinda neat.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 01:20 PM
B-WIZ

Location: There's a huge chance I've been registered longer than you.
Now its time for a double bass mod.

DFWSTANGS: just a jump-the-gun, criticize and judge-all-before-you-know-shit, racists, extremist, whats-a-mustang?, internet forum.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 03:22 AM
Time Served

first, urs looks really good!!.... ok, after beating the ever-lovin piss out of the first bass pedal, it split in about the same spot as that one did, maybe alittle higher, so, i just took a some ceramic floor strip, and screwed that sob on there more times that i would have liked, and that lasted about a month, and the night before starting the ESL, the damn thing breaks right at the pivot, so i went and bought RB for a PS2 for 100$ at walmart. got all new stuff, and first thing i did was snap a damn crack in the new pedal the first night, so after an overlay of aluminium on the top, and one half-way up on the bottom, its better than ever and i can beat the hell out of it, with no worries. BTW, a headset splitter and 2 pedals works just fine, costs me 1.88 from radio shack and im double bassin away.granted its kinda all bunched together but thats life.

4-16-97- #1937................ slingin parts like a detroit pimp
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 12:52 PM
B-WIZ

Location: There's a huge chance I've been registered longer than you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko
first, urs looks really good!!.... ok, after beating the ever-lovin piss out of the first bass pedal, it split in about the same spot as that one did, maybe alittle higher, so, i just took a some ceramic floor strip, and screwed that sob on there more times that i would have liked, and that lasted about a month, and the night before starting the ESL, the damn thing breaks right at the pivot, so i went and bought RB for a PS2 for 100$ at walmart. got all new stuff, and first thing i did was snap a damn crack in the new pedal the first night, so after an overlay of aluminium on the top, and one half-way up on the bottom, its better than ever and i can beat the hell out of it, with no worries. BTW, a headset splitter and 2 pedals works just fine, costs me 1.88 from radio shack and im double bassin away.granted its kinda all bunched together but thats life.

Figured it wouldnt be too hard to double bass it. Does it have any benifit to double bass it?

DFWSTANGS: just a jump-the-gun, criticize and judge-all-before-you-know-shit, racists, extremist, whats-a-mustang?, internet forum.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 02:30 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOZMO
Figured it wouldnt be too hard to double bass it. Does it have any benifit to double bass it?
well its getting me left leg to have any rythum is givin me some trouble. it acts like a a 50 yr old white guy tryin to dance to "my hump" or something, so until i can get alot more time to practice, im just stickin with the one. after i beat these last few songs i got left on expert, then i might try gettin both feet in, but i really wanna beat every one of the songs so bad, it seems i cant practice, and i got to have my shit together on every song after enter sandman.

4-16-97- #1937................ slingin parts like a detroit pimp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement