Tiger Woods 09... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
How you doin'

Tiger Woods 09...

i can't wait to play this game! i'm not usually the guy waiting for a game to come out, but tw08 is so much fun that i can't wait to see how good '09 is! i feel like a nerd! btw, it comes out on tuesday, but if anyone can get me a copy before then, let me know...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 04:14 PM
You never go full retard

I just downloaded 08 the other day and I love it. I'll have to start looking for 09.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 04:36 PM
Lifer

I played the '09 demo the other night and I've got to agree that it's pretty awesome. I didn't care too much for '08, but '09 seems much better. What system do y'all plan on?

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 04:40 PM
You never go full retard

I've got my PC, but I hope to pick up a PS3 sometime soon. What's different about it then from 08? I like 08 cause it seems more realistic and not so arcadish...

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 04:43 PM
Lifer

Graphics wise '08 was fine to me. I just felt like '08 was not as smooth and slower than '09 is.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
How you doin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant
I played the '09 demo the other night and I've got to agree that it's pretty awesome. I didn't care too much for '08, but '09 seems much better. What system do y'all plan on?
ps3 for me
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 02:21 PM
The Franchise

demo on 360 is bad ass !!! cant wait for tuesday
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
How you doin'

i picked it up yesterday and got to play it a little last night...it's pretty good so far. i wish that i could use the character that i already created for '08, though.

brad
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 11:01 AM
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANGGT40
i picked it up yesterday and got to play it a little last night...it's pretty good so far. i wish that i could use the character that i already created for '08, though.

brad
That really kinda sucks that you can't do that. Could you do that in previous years? It's kinda strange cause most of the other EA games will let you do that, especially NCAA & Madden. I used to create a player in NCAA and as a freshman and play him through 4 season and save him, then pop in Madden and draft him into the NFL.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
How you doin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan
That really kinda sucks that you can't do that. Could you do that in previous years? It's kinda strange cause most of the other EA games will let you do that, especially NCAA & Madden. I used to create a player in NCAA and as a freshman and play him through 4 season and save him, then pop in Madden and draft him into the NFL.
i don't know. the only other one that i've even seen (aside from '08 and '09) was '06 and i didn't create a character on that one...and that one was on ps2. it looks like i'll have to go through the whole game face thing again, which takes FOREVER!
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 11:10 AM
You never go full retard

Quote:
i don't know. the only other one that i've even seen (aside from '08 and '09) was '06 and i didn't create a character on that one...and that one was on ps2. it looks like i'll have to go through the whole game face thing again, which takes FOREVER!
Yeah no joke, it's sad that I spent a couple hours creating my golfers appearance for 08. Give it time and you'll soon be able to put your face on a character in the game.

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
How you doin'

Quote:
Yeah no joke, it's sad that I spent a couple hours creating my golfers appearance for 08. Give it time and you'll soon be able to put your face on a character in the game.
you can! you take a pic, load it in, and it makes a computer generated golfer from your pic. the one that i made for '08 looks just like me! lol
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
How you doin'

Quote:
check this out:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23067.html
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:41 PM
R.E.N.G.

ghey, went to pick up yesterday at my local BB, still just had a rack of pre-order boxes?

1990 Ford Ranger - SOLD
1988 American Eagle Twin Prop - rode in
1984 Chevy Suburban - Mom's car
1989 Chevy S10 - SOLD
1985 Three Wheeler - flipped over
1996 Ford Ranger - SOLD
1985 Limo - Rode In Once
1975 BMW - Rode in a few times
2000 Ford Mustang - Totalled
1999 Ford F150 - SOLD
2007 BMW 750 'PAID' plates - passed on road
2005 Dodge Ram - Burning Gas for someone else
2008 Honda Accord - Slow as Fugg

fight sig abuse-nobody cares about your old cars
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
How you doin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd
ghey, went to pick up yesterday at my local BB, still just had a rack of pre-order boxes?
i got it at target in richardson on plano rd...just north of buckingham. they had several.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:58 PM
R.E.N.G.

Quote:
i got it at target in richardson on plano rd...just north of buckingham. they had several.

trying to BB it to finally use a $20 card, will get today

1990 Ford Ranger - SOLD
1988 American Eagle Twin Prop - rode in
1984 Chevy Suburban - Mom's car
1989 Chevy S10 - SOLD
1985 Three Wheeler - flipped over
1996 Ford Ranger - SOLD
1985 Limo - Rode In Once
1975 BMW - Rode in a few times
2000 Ford Mustang - Totalled
1999 Ford F150 - SOLD
2007 BMW 750 'PAID' plates - passed on road
2005 Dodge Ram - Burning Gas for someone else
2008 Honda Accord - Slow as Fugg

fight sig abuse-nobody cares about your old cars
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 03:11 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Rick
demo on 360 is bad ass !!! cant wait for tuesday
I love the new 3 click button method instead of using the analog stick. (I guess the 08 version had this too) They also have a new mode online where you and a friend can play at the same time instead of taking turns. I will at least have to rent this but there are a lot of great games coming out.
BTW: There are already several games that let you put your real face on a character online. I know Rainbow Six Vegas allows you to do that for sure and so does Tony Hawk.

Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Murcielago exhaust set up, Hydratech Hydraboost.
ILLUSION Website
--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 05:33 PM
dead

if anyone gets bored of tiger 09 ill trade you for madden 09. (ps3)

mo
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 07:42 AM
Time Served

My gf picked up tw2008 for me over the weekend. I have always liked golf games but seem to be having a hard time with his. I tried it for about an hour last night and I just cant seem to get a consistent shot. I tried the 3 click and the analog but seem terrible at this. Hopefully with practice I will get better. I was on fair difficulty but I think I will try easy tonight. My stats are all around 5 so I am sure thats a huge part of it too.

Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Murcielago exhaust set up, Hydratech Hydraboost.
ILLUSION Website
--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
How you doin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMAROBOY69
My gf picked up tw2008 for me over the weekend. I have always liked golf games but seem to be having a hard time with his. I tried it for about an hour last night and I just cant seem to get a consistent shot. I tried the 3 click and the analog but seem terrible at this. Hopefully with practice I will get better. I was on fair difficulty but I think I will try easy tonight. My stats are all around 5 so I am sure thats a huge part of it too.
do yourself a favor and don't try to hold the controller normal and swing with your left thumb...that will just frustrate you. sit the controller on your lap, secure it with your left hand and swing with your right. if you want to "power up", tap the "L1" button with your left index finger. after i started doing that, i hit it in the fairway 99.9% of the time.

brad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement