DFW Mustang Forums banner

Anyone play Too Human yet?

505 views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  CAMAROBOY69 
#1 ·
So I got the demo on Xbox360. I like the game so far, anyone else play the demo or somehow get the full game yet?

Summary (kind of): you play as Baldur, a cybernetic god that is charged to protect humankind from the machines. The game is a real-time rpg. Weapons include guns and melee weapons (staves, swords, really large hammers).

The only thing I'm not really digging is the camera view.

#2 ·
I simply cant put this game down at all. I now have around 8 hours total and we are on the 3rd world. The game gets incredibly difficult toward the end of world 2 so I cant even imagine how brutal world 3 will be. I would easily give this game a 9/10. I love all the loot collecting and the ability to trade with your co-op partner. You can also forge your own powerful items or repair the current ones.
If you like Baulders gate, Diablo, Gauntlet Dark Legacy, or Marvel ultimate Alliance then you will like this game.
One of these days I need to play the single player campaign but at this point the multiplayer co-op campaign is severly addictive. I see myself playing this the rest of the weekend for sure.
Ignore the reviews because the game is really fun. If you get lost with he camera just hit the LB button to center yourself.

#4 ·
Magnus said:
I reserved it, but haven't picked it up yet because of the reviews. :(
If you liked the demo at all you will love the full version of the game. Ignore the reviews.

#5 ·
Yeah I'm not digging the reviews, but dungeon crawlers are my type and I loved the demo. I've only played with the champion character class, but I really want to play multiplayer and be defender, beserker, or commando. I think this game has alot of potential and it's another game that supposedly leaves you hanging...developed to be a trilogy, so if/when the other two come out I'm sure SK will take criticism to heart

#8 ·
bought it yesterday, haven't been able to play it yet. The gamestop guy when I went in and asked for it said, "Have you played the demo? I just want to make sure." hahaha.

I think after this weekend's purchases and after I get back to California I'm going to get a gamefly subscription

#10 ·
I just started playing this game yesterday. I'm at like level 18 or something. I'm starting out as a Champion. The game is frustrating sometimes because it seems impossible to kill some of the groups of enemies without dying a couple times. There's really no penalty for dying other than waiting for that stupid angel to come down and pick you up.

The guys that always kill me and those big spider looking guys that stomp the ground and this purple ring comes out from around them. I've tried jumping, moving as far as possible, and it always still hits me and knocks me down. Usually I just try walking backwards as much as I can and just keep shooting them but that's tough to do if there are a lot of other enemies around.

It seems like they designed the game thinking you would be playing co-op over live most of the time because it would be much easier to have a 'tank' character and a 'dps' character. I don't pay for live and don't want to. I wish they would have let you do local co-op, the game would have been much better then.

I'll enjoy the game for now but I don't think I'll be playing this one very long term.

#11 ·
bullitt54 said:
I just started playing this game yesterday. I'm at like level 18 or something. I'm starting out as a Champion. The game is frustrating sometimes because it seems impossible to kill some of the groups of enemies without dying a couple times. There's really no penalty for dying other than waiting for that stupid angel to come down and pick you up.

The guys that always kill me and those big spider looking guys that stomp the ground and this purple ring comes out from around them. I've tried jumping, moving as far as possible, and it always still hits me and knocks me down. Usually I just try walking backwards as much as I can and just keep shooting them but that's tough to do if there are a lot of other enemies around.

It seems like they designed the game thinking you would be playing co-op over live most of the time because it would be much easier to have a 'tank' character and a 'dps' character. I don't pay for live and don't want to. I wish they would have let you do local co-op, the game would have been much better then.

I'll enjoy the game for now but I don't think I'll be playing this one very long term.
Actually there is a huge penalty for dying. Your armor takes a massive beating with each death. Eventually after a few deaths your armor will start flashing red and will be worthless. You will have to buy new armor or trade with existing armor. Just make sure you are always equiped with the best weapons and armor and make sure they are not worn out. It will show a number 1000/1000 showing the state of your armor and weapons. When that number is 0/1000 then your armor or weapon are junk. You can repair them at Aesir or just replace them with new ones.

I have about 24 total hours into this game and love it. My character is a level 36. There is actually a LOT to this game. Almost overwhelming how much there is to it.
This game is the most fun as a co-op online but you need a pretty good online connection.

#12 ·
I noticed that the armor takes a beating when I die, but I seem to be upgrading most of my armor every other level so it really hasn't become a concern yet. I imagine at the higher levels I'll be hanging on to armor longer just like any other rpg.

I have about 4-5 hours into the game so far and I enjoy it. The story hasn't drawn me in much though. The controls are a little weird but once you get used to it it's actually really fun. I have fios with a 20/20 connection but i don't really play console games online so I don't feel it's worth paying for a live subscription..

I wish it just had offline co-op so I could play with my fiance without having to buy another xbox, another copy of the game, and buy 2 xbox live subscriptions, and use two seperate tvs. I guess microsoft puts pressure on game companies to limit the amount of couch co-op so they can make more cash from their live service.

I'll probably put another 10 hours or so into it and see if it gets better. I'm just trying to find something to play until Fable 2 and Sacred 2 since they both have couch co-op.

#13 ·
You can play co-op online with anyone by leaving your room set to "open".
If your fiance is a gamer you should get her all set up with her own 360, live,and TV. Heather and I have been gaming online for almost 6 years now. We started with the PS2, then xbox, the computers, now we have 2 360s that are played on HDTVS. She sits right on the couch next to me while we play. Expensive but its well worth it. Especially when winter rolls around and there really is nothing else to do. Plus it makes birthdays and christmas much easier. :D

#14 ·
we have 2 computers in our office that we use for playing games together. she likes to game with me occasionally but usually she prefers to just pop in and drop out of the game. we used to play counter-strike together quite a bit. then we got into lego star wars and lego indiana jones. we'll play some of the wii games together too. she just likes that we are doing something together and I like playing games so it's a win-win.

there are quite a few couch coop games coming out on the 360 and the ps3 (we have both) so i'm going to see if there are any of those she likes, if not then i may considering buying all the extra stuff.

#15 ·
bullitt54 said:
we have 2 computers in our office that we use for playing games together. she likes to game with me occasionally but usually she prefers to just pop in and drop out of the game. we used to play counter-strike together quite a bit. then we got into lego star wars and lego indiana jones. we'll play some of the wii games together too. she just likes that we are doing something together and I like playing games so it's a win-win.

there are quite a few couch coop games coming out on the 360 and the ps3 (we have both) so i'm going to see if there are any of those she likes, if not then i may considering buying all the extra stuff.
If you want some co-op games check out the thread I just made. http://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?p=5283101#post5283101

#16 ·
i rented this earlier today. It was kinda tough to figure out at the start, attacks were kind confusing using the right stick, but the more i played the better it got. I literally had to make myself stop playing because my brother looked like he was getting bored watching me, so we put in soul calibur 4. I really enjoyed it though, i look forward to playing it while i'm off for the next 9 days.

#18 ·
I had a heck of a time finally putting this game down over the weekend. I now have over 55 hours into this game and have played through the co-op campaign at least 4 times and love it. I tried the single player and really did not like it at all. It is MUCH more fun as a co-op. I also re-speced the alignment tree and my engineer is incredble now. I have been playing through helping other people while I try to find more elite pieces and finish some of the Elite charm quests.

Here are my current stats.
Total time: 55 hours
Level: 50
Elite Pieces: 5
Armor: 2075
Highest weapon damage: Stave 3471
Times Through game: 4 (all co-op)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.