Wii systems in stock at BB in Hurst! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
I'm on a boat.

Wii systems in stock at BB in Hurst!

Best Buy in Hurst had six when they closed last night. Just an FYI for those that are looking for one, or those that are buying them to sell... shame on you!

*Yeah this info is in my other thread, but figured I put this out there for those who only read thread titles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 09:01 AM
yes, jluv

What's so special about the Wii all of a sudden?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 09:15 AM
dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
What's so special about the Wii all of a sudden?
it's not really all of a sudden. that shit hasnt stayed on the shelves since release. nintendo won by making a system kids and grandparents can play.

it got another huge sales boost from fat chicks recently thanks to wii fit.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 10:11 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo stallion
it's not really all of a sudden. that shit hasnt stayed on the shelves since release. nintendo won by making a system kids and grandparents can play.

it got another huge sales boost from fat chicks recently thanks to wii fit.

So there wasn't a hige price drop or some kind of upgrade recently? Hmmm... I just don't see the urgency to get one. I mean, if you were that eager to get one, you could have had one a long time ago. Hopefully people aren't suckered into getting one just because they are tough to get right now. Seems silly.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
I'm on a boat.

This is why I got one for my wife (and myself)

Some friends came over a couple of weeks ago and brought their Wii. We had an absolute BLAST! We don't go out much and she thought it would be a great thing to do at home with friends and our two kiddos. She's not a gamer by any means, but the silly stuff like bowling and tennis is super fun for her. I can see where the Wii is silly to someone who is a true gamer, but we're not. Plus it's cheaper than all the other systems, and we'll never play online anyway.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 10:27 AM
dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
So there wasn't a hige price drop or some kind of upgrade recently? Hmmm... I just don't see the urgency to get one. I mean, if you were that eager to get one, you could have had one a long time ago. Hopefully people aren't suckered into getting one just because they are tough to get right now. Seems silly.

nope, no price drops. just a recent block buster game that resparked demand added to it already being a tough find in stores since day one.

it's a fun system for sure, just not much of a single player console but it's great for groups. i dont have one personally but i remember that was the cool thing about the gamecube. mario party, super smash brother, mario kart... all those games where fun when we were drunk and in college. they just took everything great about that system and couple a new controller that engages the user and tada... your customer base just increased to every age group.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 11:02 AM
yes, jluv

I'm not dogging the console or calling it silly at all. I've played it a couple of times and it was fairly entertaining.

I was just wondering why it seemed like there was so much new urgency to get them. And if people are suddenly eager to get them, fueled mostly by the fact that they are hard to get right now, that seems silly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement