Any Ultima Online fans? Anything like that out today? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Any Ultima Online fans? Anything like that out today?

I play UO on a free server way back and was always amazed about how many people could be logged into the same map like that. Are there any online games like that now, UO has showed its age and the new versions are not supported by free servers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 09:17 AM
Worship me

The only online game that I know (and I sure don't know them all) of that has massive numbers of people in the same place at the same time is EVE Online which is a space based MMO. There aren't even any servers for it, just one big server. Each solar system is its own little area, like an instance or a city in Wow. But from what I understand there can be massive fleet battles in one system with hundreds of players bringing their ships to duke it out.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 03:40 PM
Time Served

Old Uo

Well if your talking about the Stress and excitement that came from stepping outside of town at your own risk...and basically the policing falls on the player base.
If you mean the hard won loot and skills as you first start out or those blindingly rage filled days were you have lost it all.

Eve Online is the closest thing I have found.

Stunning economy, a game world with truly galatic proportions, true ingame politics with the player base, ability to achieve sovereignty in systems through your alliance, and immense areas for the newer players to do thier thing in relative safety as long as they are paying attention.

Time based skills (right click train to a level for X amount of time) that train while you are off line.

Steam has a 21 day free trial

Granted you are not going to be doing much in those 21 days but you will need all 21 days to scratch the surface of EVE.

Pirating is a perfectly accepted career and bending game rules doesn't always get you banned...infact sometimes you start a trend.

if there is a blank in the sign up for who refered you use "fearceone"

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Lifer

Not sure what you mean by newer content not being supported, I started playing UO in 97 and have played free servers since 99. I know the first free servers didn't support newer versions but RunUO is always keeping up with all of the expansions. There are hundreds of servers but RunUO has 3 main ones that are based on the expansions. They have Hybrid (UOR), Divinity (T2A), and Demise which stays current with each New expansion. If you go to RunUO.com they have their 3 servers on the right side and if you want to play the easiest way is to download Razor.

Edit: If by newer versions you mean the new graphics engine, don't even bother as it looks like ass and is alot harder to play.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement