FF13 NOT a PS3 Exclusive - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
$uper $low

FF13 NOT a PS3 Exclusive

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/889/889188p3.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN
Final Fantasy XIII is coming to the 360 and that means PS3 owners just lost another gigantic exclusive. This is definitely a huge disappointment for gamers who bought a PS3 solely for Square-Enix's next RPG, but I don't think this news is world-ending.
Well, there went one of three reasons to grab a ps3 for me.
When/If a blu-ray player drive comes out for the 360, that'll be another one off the list.
Gran Turismo 5 is my only remaining motivation for a PS3 at that point. Not really wanting to pay $400+ for 1 game.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 09:07 AM
DERP DERP DERP

People still care about final fantasy? Damn nerds.

post #3 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 09:08 AM
dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GT50

x2.

post #4 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 03:45 PM
Time Served

There is arguably 13 of them, I think they are pretty damn popular...
post #5 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
$uper $low

* Final Fantasy
* Final Fantasy II
* Final Fantasy III
* Final Fantasy IV
* Final Fantasy V
* Final Fantasy VI
* Final Fantasy VII
* Final Fantasy VIII
* Final Fantasy IX
* Final Fantasy X
* Final Fantasy XI
* Final Fantasy XII
* Final Fantasy XIII
* Final Fantasy I-II
* Final Fantasy Collection
* Final Fantasy Anthology
* Final Fantasy Chronicles
* Final Fantasy Origins
* Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls
* Final Fantasy IV: The After

* Before Crisis -Final Fantasy VII-
* Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII-
* Dirge of Cerberus -Final Fantasy VII-
* Dirge of Cerberus Lost Episode -Final Fantasy VII-
* Final Fantasy VII: Snowboarding

* Final Fantasy X-2

* Final Fantasy XI: Rise of the Zilart
* Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia
* Final Fantasy XI Treasures of Aht Urhgan
* Final Fantasy XI: Wings of the Goddess

* Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings

* Final Fantasy Agito XIII
* Final Fantasy Versus XIII

* Final Fantasy Tactics
* Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
* Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
* Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
* Crystal Guardians

* Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
* Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
* Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
* Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King

* Dissidia -Final Fantasy-

* Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon
* Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon 2
* Chocobo Racing
* Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales
* Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon

* Final Fantasy Adventure
* Final Fantasy Legend I
* Final Fantasy Legend II
* Final Fantasy Legend III
* Final Fantasy Mystic Quest

* Bahamut Lagoon
* Vagrant Story

post #6 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 05:06 PM
Nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmagnus
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/889/889188p3.html

Well, there went one of three reasons to grab a ps3 for me.
When/If a blu-ray player drive comes out for the 360, that'll be another one off the list.
Gran Turismo 5 is my only remaining motivation for a PS3 at that point. Not really wanting to pay $400+ for 1 game.
I'll be damned if I don't finally agree with you. I've heard some rumors today about mgs4 coming to the 360.

New Project 1964 C10 350/700r4
post #7 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 05:23 PM
yes, jluv

Why would people who already own the PS3 give a shit? I know I don't. How do those Blurays look on your Xbox? Just curious.
post #8 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
$uper $low

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
Why would people who already own the PS3 give a shit? I know I don't. How do those Blurays look on your Xbox? Just curious.
And the out of nowhere and pointless post award goes to . . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engadget
For all of Microsoft's denial, the Xbox 360 Blu-ray console rumors just will not die. In fact, they are getting more and more specific. The Chinese language Economic Daily News is reporting that Pegatron, an OEM subsidiary of ASUS, has won the order from Microsoft to assemble the Xbox 360 with Blu-ray Disc ROM drive -- shipments are expected to being in Q3 of this year. Now come on Microsoft, just come clean on the matter, we won't tell anyone.
But they are going to look pretty damn good. How's that week library of games and shitty online content system working for ya?

Last edited by Godmagnus; 07-15-2008 at 08:04 PM.
post #9 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Lifer

Well, I don't know how soon it'll be for the MS blu-ray to happen..But I was right about their online aspirations; with them inking a deal with Netflix to show their content, which is a pretty solid idea.
post #10 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 11:24 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
how is gears of war on your ps3?
post #11 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 06:53 AM
Lifer

Man i didn't think SE would make the move to 360! I'm a big big big fan of the Final Fantasy Series. And i can't wait till this game comes out.
post #12 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
$uper $low

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRK5
Man i didn't think SE would make the move to 360! I'm a big big big fan of the Final Fantasy Series. And i can't wait till this game comes out.
+1

I've been dreading the day i'd have to buy a ps3 just for games I want. . . looks like i won't have to at this rate.

post #13 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 09:54 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
How's that week library of games and shitty online content system working for ya?
I'm not a hardcore gamer. I do have several games and the library is not weak to me, nor is the online content shitty. That's just your opinion.

It's fact, not opinion that Xbox does not double as a Bluray player, and has not since it was released. Maybe they finally will fix that. Good for them! Meanwhile, I've been enjoying all of these Bluray movies and playing games that I like for a long time and didn't have to buy a separate player.

We could argue opinions back and forth all day. Facts are facts.
post #14 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 09:57 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
how is gears of war on your ps3?

Gears of Who? Not a fan.

Are you seriously implying that having a particular exclusive game is better than being a game system (with its own exclusives, mind you) and a player for the latest and greatest form of recorded media?

LOL!
post #15 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 09:58 AM
you stinky bitch

The new MGS is bad ass, It and the new Resident evil that is coming out are 2 of the reasons that I bought it. Being blueray has turned out to be worth it as well. Of course I got my 80gb PS3 brand new in the box for $250 off craigslist. Gotta shop the deals....

Best something in Texas.... just don't know what it is yet....
post #16 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 10:05 AM
dead

what good does the 360 adding a bluray drive do? they arent going to make the games bluray. if you just want to watch bluray movies buy a separate bluray player. hell do something productive and build a HTPC with a bluray drive if thats what you want.

i say get both or get bent but im convinced most of the 360 owners here dont know what the hell they are doing since no one seems to mod their shit.
post #17 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
$uper $low

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo stallion
what good does the 360 adding a bluray drive do? they arent going to make the games bluray. if you just want to watch bluray movies buy a separate bluray player.
Tell that to jluv, earlier he seemed to think it was a valid point in his defense of owning a ps3.

Quote:
i say get both or get bent but im convinced most of the 360 owners here dont know what the hell they are doing since no one seems to mod their shit.
No desire to mod mine. In time, sure. Now? Nope, no need.
I eventually will get both if the blu-ray drive is not offered as an external add on for the 360. If it isn't. . . well, i'm not buying another one, i'll get a ps3 when i eventually care about watching movies in blu-ray.
This has been hashed out several times before, and the ps3 has always had only two bonuses:
Blu-Ray PLayer
Fee Online

Well, we've seen what free online has done (caused delays in content and such.)
Blu-Ray player won't be a bonus forever.

Quote:
Gears of Who? Not a fan.

Are you seriously implying that having a particular exclusive game is better than being a game system (with its own exclusives, mind you) and a player for the latest and greatest form of recorded media?

LOL!
Fanboy says what?
You probably got it so you could watch blu-ray movies and still play your ps1 games. No one cares about Battle Arena Toshinden or Broken Helix anymore. . . .

post #18 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 10:33 AM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:

LOL @ someone calling someone else a fanboy
post #19 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 10:37 AM
DERP DERP DERP

Quote:
Fanboy says what?
Wait, did you seriously just try to call someone else a fanboy?
LMFAO, carry on, try to bring on another one sided arguement.

post #20 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
$uper $low

Quote:
Wait, did you seriously just try to call someone else a fanboy?
LMFAO, carry on, try to bring on another one sided arguement.
Yes, i did, because he is.
And yea, i'm a 360 fanboy, for just cause. Sony has yet to release anything for the PS3 that makes me stop and say "you know what, i made a bad buy."
Isn't that the definition of fan boy? Enjoying your current purchase/item, and saying why it appeals to you?

post #21 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Lifer

I don't know you guys are arguing which console is better? You have what you have now quit Bitching! I have both! They both have their pros and cons. And obviously Final Fantasy still owns if they have that long list of games!! That's like saying wow Microsoft is still making computers?!?!?!? Well duh when there is money to be made why not???
post #22 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 12:09 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Tell that to jluv, earlier he seemed to think it was a valid point in his defense of owning a ps3..
Good grief. Are we going to have to start drawing pictures for you? I'm sure he was speaking to people who did not already own a PS3. Why would you tell him to tell me to buy a separate Bluray player when I already have a Bluray player built into my PS3? You really are among the least intelligent members on this board. That takes some serious effort!

Quote:
I eventually will get both if the blu-ray drive is not offered as an external add on for the 360. If it isn't. . . well, i'm not buying another one, i'll get a ps3 when i eventually care about watching movies in blu-ray.
What? Hahahaha!!!! Are you turning in circles while you argue with yourself?

Quote:
Fanboy says what?
Fanboy? Ok, whatever. I'm not against Xbox at all. If you like yours, that's great. I'm glad I bought a PS3 instead, and that's the extent of it.

Quote:
You probably got it so you could watch blu-ray movies and still play your ps1 games. No one cares about Battle Arena Toshinden or Broken Helix anymore. . . .
I've never owned a PS1 and I've never heard of those games. You're pretty used to being wrong by now, aren't you? I'd say you're even fond of it! I got it to watch Bluray movies and play PS3 games. Go figure.
post #23 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Boss

Then why sit here and argue your point if? If you're a fanboy then the decision is already made up in your head as to what console is better for you. As stated by other people, they couldn't give a rats ass about Final Fantasy...I know I don't. Microsoft has already stated it won't make a Blu-ray drive for the 360 because it views online downloads the future of HD. Netflix already stated this as well a few months back, which makes sense for them to join up for the 360 download service. So without the Blu-ray player, 360 games which only grow larger and larger have run out of space on the traditional DVD-9. There are already games using up 2 discs, and there are certain games in development that will be using 3 discs when they come out. Blu-ray has a huge advantage on this side of things. Yes Microsoft will be making it where games will be downloaded to the 360 and use one disc to play it, but that will fill up space quickly on a 20, 60, 120gb unit. So yes continue on your one sided rant. And I've never been disappointed with my PS3 purchase, the games I have are played frequently, I watch movies on blu-ray, can now download movies or rent them from the PSN store, and look forward to the abundant list of exclusive games coming my way. Guess I threw that last part in since its so important to ya. Oh and lets not forget the high failure rate of 25-30% of 360's vs about 1% of PS3's, R&D pays off I guess.
post #24 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 12:10 PM
dead

Quote:
Tell that to jluv, earlier he seemed to think it was a valid point in his defense of owning a ps3.
well in his defense he did buy his ps3 when most stand alone bluray players were more expensive and were not as good as the ps3 bluray b/c of upgradability.
post #25 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 12:11 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

yeah when I learned FF13 was not going to be PS3 exclusive I almost had a stroke.

With the exception of Japan, I can now safely say the Xbox 360 soundly defeated the Playstation. I told all the sony fanboys that Microsoft's year+ headstart with the 360 would be the death of them - little did they listen. I could never understand why people laughed at Microsoft when they brought a gaming console into the scene - who underestimates this company?
post #26 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 12:14 PM
dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ
yeah when I learned FF13 was not going to be PS3 exclusive I almost had a stroke.

With the exception of Japan, I can now safely say the Xbox 360 soundly defeated the Playstation. I told all the sony fanboys that Microsoft's year+ headstart with the 360 would be the death of them - little did they listen. I could never understand why people laughed at Microsoft when they brought a gaming console into the scene - who underestimates this company?

are you insinuating that the ps3 is now dead or is on its way to its doom?
post #27 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 12:15 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
well in his defense he did buy his ps3 when most stand alone bluray players were more expensive and were not as good as the ps3 bluray b/c of upgradability.
And it plays some badass games too. Bonus!
post #28 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 12:16 PM
Lifer

Quote:
are you insinuating that the ps3 is now dead or is on its way to its doom?
I think he thinks that in Japan 360 sells are off the charts!! But they're not! SE just wants more money and knows they can get it that way by making games for both consoles! Them doing so doesn't mean either has won/lost.
post #29 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 12:17 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Really? lol

Quote:
Defeated? How so? This isn't HD-DVD vs Bluray where one stays and the other goes away. There has always been room for multiple systems and there always will be. Competition is a good thing for us.
post #30 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 12:20 PM
CJ

Quote:
Really? lol

Defeated? How so? This isn't HD-DVD vs Bluray where one stays and the other goes away. There has always been room for multiple systems and there always will be. Competition is a good thing for us.
I agree with that, but I think it's time the sony fanboys acknowledge the fact that the PS3 failed to accomplish it's goals, and it is no longer the flagship gaming console it once was.
post #31 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 12:21 PM
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRK5
I think he thinks that in Japan 360 sells are off the charts!! But they're not! SE just wants more money and knows they can get it that way by making games for both consoles! Them doing so doesn't mean either has won/lost.
rotfl did you even read my post? Read the very first sentence in the second paragraph. Seriously guys, put some effort into this.
post #32 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 12:23 PM
dead

Quote:
if we want to blindly name winners and loosers that means nintendo won and the 360 and ps3 are dead.

funny enough the ps2 is STILL selling more units than the 360 or ps3.
post #33 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Lifer

Quote:
rotfl did you even read my post? Read the very first sentence in the second paragraph. Seriously guys, put some effort into this.
Sorry i'm stupid i misread the first sentence!! You win that round!! But when SE's next MMO comes out i wonder if it will be ps3,360,and pc all together.
post #34 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 12:33 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
I agree with that, but I think it's time the sony fanboys acknowledge the fact that the PS3 failed to accomplish it's goals, and it is no longer the flagship gaming console it once was.

Who are Sony fanboys?

Failed to accomplish what goals? Was there a deadline to these goals?

Flagship gaming console? Elaborate, please.

And how/why does news that a particular game will be released on the Xbox lead you to the conclusion that now the PS3 has been defeated?

I'm trying to see where you're coming from, but I think it really just translates to you saying that you like your Xbox and you want to feel justified for buying it.

I prefer my PS3. Again, I have watched a ton of Bluray movies on it already and have quite a collection going. Games, too. If anything, I'd have been really pissed when HD-DVD was (in a much more valid use of the word) defeated by Bluray if I had bought an Xbox instead.
post #35 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 01:22 PM
CJ

Who are Sony fanboys?

Failed to accomplish what goals? Was there a deadline to these goals?

the success of the PS3 pales in comparison to the previous generation PS2 console. The goals set forth by Sony in Q4 2006, Q1 2007, Q2 2007, Q3 2007, etc.

Flagship gaming console? Elaborate, please.

The playstation literally had pinned the gaming market with (I believe) 65% of all console gamers with the PS2. It isn't even half of that.

And how/why does news that a particular game will be released on the Xbox lead you to the conclusion that now the PS3 has been defeated?

News on that game lead me to the conclusion? the terrible performance of the Ps3 over the last 2 years led me to that conclusion. There is little to no games, the Xbox 360 is devastating the PS3 in every country EXCEPT japan. and there was even a month where the X360 outsold the PS3 in japan.

I'm trying to see where you're coming from, but I think it really just translates to you saying that you like your Xbox and you want to feel justified for buying it.

I own a Ps3, and an Xbox 360. The problem with the data which Sony misinterpreted is they didn't realize the percentage of people that would buy the Ps3 as a bluray player only. this overinflated their statistics with their gaming community and caused problems for them. Total sales of the Ps3 are null and void, because the percentage of games purchase per capita is really terrible in comparison to the X360, it's really quite something to behold, take a look at it.

I prefer my PS3. Again, I have watched a ton of Bluray movies on it already and have quite a collection going. Games, too. If anything, I'd have been really pissed when HD-DVD was (in a much more valid use of the word) defeated by Bluray if I had bought an Xbox instead.
post #36 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 01:47 PM
Boost is Good

After the 360 launched didn't sony say that the next generation of gaming didn't start until they say it did? well has it started for sony yet?

Stand by or fight while Obama wages his war against capitalism...
post #37 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 01:49 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
the success of the PS3 pales in comparison to the previous generation PS2 console.
Is anyone really surprised? Do you think Sony expected this higher-priced game system to instantly dominate a market where people are not only buying at least two other new game systems, but also still buying the PS2? I doubt they were living in any kind of pipe dream.

Quote:
The goals set forth by Sony in Q4 2006, Q1 2007, Q2 2007, Q3 2007, etc.
Which were...?

Quote:
The playstation literally had pinned the gaming market with (I believe) 65% of all console gamers with the PS2. It isn't even half of that.
Why in the world would or should it be? Who in their right mind thought it would be? How much longer has the PS2 been available brand new on the shelves?

Quote:
News on that game lead me to the conclusion? the terrible performance of the Ps3 over the last 2 years led me to that conclusion. There is little to no games, the Xbox 360 is devastating the PS3 in every country EXCEPT japan. and there was even a month where the X360 outsold the PS3 in japan..
There are plenty of games and more to come. I have enough to keep me occupied. In fact, I could not buy a new game for a year and still have enough to keep me busy. Then again, I don't play games all day or even every day.

So the Xbox is selling more than the PS3 in most countries for now. So? That means it is defeated? LOL! First of all, it's early. I bet both of these units will still be around for a while and both will be overall successes. Do you think Ford and Chevy stay in business with the main goal of bankrupting the other? It's okay if they both sell a crap ton of systems. No one has to be a loser.

Quote:
I own a Ps3, and an Xbox 360. The problem with the data which Sony misinterpreted is they didn't realize the percentage of people that would buy the Ps3 as a bluray player only. this overinflated their statistics with their gaming community and caused problems for them. Total sales of the Ps3 are null and void, because the percentage of games purchase per capita is really terrible in comparison to the X360, it's really quite something to behold, take a look at it.

Why? What's interesting about that?
post #38 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 01:56 PM
Boost is Good

Quote:

Its important because Sony is loosing big time money on every PS3 that is sold. Its reversed it roles and now has become Xbox #1. They will make their money back on games, but the PS3 has a very low attach rate. So that = not good...
http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/...he-ps3/1223467

post #39 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 02:02 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Punisher
Its important because Sony is loosing big time money on every PS3 that is sold. Its reversed it roles and now has become Xbox #1. They will make their money back on games, but the PS3 has a very low attach rate. So that = not good...
http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/...he-ps3/1223467

Sounds like it's pretty normal and nothing to worry about. Are any of you under the impression that new games will cease being made for the PS3?
post #40 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 02:14 PM
Boost is Good

Quote:
Sounds like it's pretty normal and nothing to worry about. Are any of you under the impression that new games will cease being made for the PS3?
If I were Sony, I would be concerned about loosing all this money on each system. It would be stupid not to. Sure they are going to continue to make games, but blockbuster titles is where its at! Microsoft is aggressively fighting for the blockbuster titles, Sony not so much.

I think the PS3 will survive and be a decent gaming system, my thoughts are it might not come back #1 though unless the market changes to favor its path to #1. Right now, its not winning the battle.

post #41 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 02:34 PM
Lifer

Man i'm glad i have them all!! And i don't have to argue which is better!
post #42 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 02:39 PM
yes, jluv

For what it's worth, I'm not arguing which one is better. I don't really care which one others prefer for their own personal use. To each his/her own. I prefer the PS3, but that's me. I have zero use for an Xbox, but some apparently do. Hooray for choices!
post #43 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 02:46 PM
CJ

Quote:
Is anyone really surprised? Do you think Sony expected this higher-priced game system to instantly dominate a market where people are not only buying at least two other new game systems, but also still buying the PS2? I doubt they were living in any kind of pipe dream.

Which were...?

Why in the world would or should it be? Who in their right mind thought it would be? How much longer has the PS2 been available brand new on the shelves?

There are plenty of games and more to come. I have enough to keep me occupied. In fact, I could not buy a new game for a year and still have enough to keep me busy. Then again, I don't play games all day or even every day.

So the Xbox is selling more than the PS3 in most countries for now. So? That means it is defeated? LOL! First of all, it's early. I bet both of these units will still be around for a while and both will be overall successes. Do you think Ford and Chevy stay in business with the main goal of bankrupting the other? It's okay if they both sell a crap ton of systems. No one has to be a loser.

I don't really see you making any points in here, just giving a different side of the coin. As for the PS3 failing to meet it's goals, it could be more accurate defined as the PS3 failing to keep it's market share - Sony is in a worse position with the PS3 vs. the Xbox 360 as the PS2 was to the Xbox.

As for it being early, it is not early anymore - that argument may have been sound a year or two ago. The PS3 has been out for 2 years, and the Xbox 360 has been out for 3 years. The concern is the sales of the PS3 have failed to increase to any substantial numbers, and their flagship titles are beginning to jump ship.

There is a distinct difference between the automotive industry, and the gaming industry. The automotive industry does not produce a product that completely relies on another separate industry (excluding fuel) - unlike gaming consoles which rely on the game design companies. They have to make a choice which console they will support. Since I've designed games I can tell you that many of the smaller/mid sized companies don't have the resources to port a title onto two separate platforms all the time, they normally pick an SDK and target a single console. In this respect, there can in fact be a loser in this industry, the console system which has the least amount of gamers (which is by far the PS3 at the moment) is the less appealing to those game design companies.

What I mentioned, and also other mentioned in this thread is the fact that a large percentage of PS3 sales were to people that only use it as a blu-ray player. The problem therein is the fact that they do not purchase video games, and over-inflated Sony's projections. Usually, and pretty much always before, a console's sales was a direct proportional figure to the game sales, but with the Blu-ray player being the primary feature, this has proven to not be the case. Initially, several large titles had already signed agreements based on the first few quarters of sales, and now these large title games are creeping up on their release dates having to acknowledge that the projections were wrong and they're already locked into a publisher commitment for exclusive production to Sony. As time progresses (as it is already beginning to happen) you will see less exclusive titles, and more developers supporting, and switching to the stronger of the two markets - the Xbox 360.

Lastly, the online features and rapid and extensive expansion of Xbox Live has cemented Microsoft's lead. Sony has little to compare - I think anyone who owns both consoles can certainly agree with that. Exclusive rights with Netflix, tons upon tons of downloadable content, a much more modular multiplayer netcode to adapt to, and a much, much larger community.

We can let the raw numbers speak for themselves:

Xbox 360 total sales: 19,362,585
PS3 total sales: 10,374,378

The xbox has sold TWICE as many units. And to further the stake in the heart - I've seen estimates as high as 40% of those PS3's were purchased as bluray only players - drastically increasing the gap between the two systems.

Last edited by CJ; 07-16-2008 at 03:03 PM.
post #44 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
$uper $low

Quote:
I'm not a hardcore gamer. I do have several games and the library is not weak to me, nor is the online content shitty.
Quote:
I got it to watch Bluray movies and play PS3 games. Go figure.
Quote:
And it plays some badass games too. Bonus!
Quote:
I prefer my PS3. Again, I have watched a ton of Bluray movies on it already and have quite a collection going. Games, too. .
Quote:
Is
So, you have quite a collection, but your not a gamer, and you could go without buying game for awhile?
Well, shit, i guess you love wasting money on games you won't play, an di could go awhile too if i suddenly bought a huge collection of games to keep me busy, since i'd never play them.

Fuck, make up your mind.

post #45 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 03:05 PM
not exclude

Useless argument as PC>*.

Anyway, here's an interesting analysis of how PS3 will eventually out do/out live the 360:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU&feature=related
post #46 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 03:06 PM
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude

Anyway, here's an interesting analysis of how PS3 will eventually out do/out live the 360:
RICK ROLLED!
post #47 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
$uper $low

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude

Is this a video about Jluv and his ps3?
Never gonna give it up.
Never gonna let it down.

post #48 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 03:14 PM
CJ

Quote:
Is this a video about Jluv and his ps3?
Never gonna give it up.
Never gonna let it down.
I wonder if techno viking is dancing to Rick Atley?
post #49 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
$uper $low

Quote:
I wonder if techno viking is dancing to Rick Atley?
No, Rick Atley is playing to Techno Viking.

post #50 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 03:24 PM
CJ

Quote:
No, Rick Atley is playing to Techno Viking.
ah, excellent observation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement