I'm starting to get really tired of this Update BS! Need Help! - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
How you doin'
 
STANGGT40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: 8 Rib > 6 Rib
Posts: 28,254
I'm starting to get really tired of this Update BS! Need Help!

i have microsoft outlook 2003 with business contact manager...well, when my computer updates (XP) it screws up the business contact manager, so it shuts down, reopens, shuts down, reopens,... i fixed it before, but i can't remember how, and now it's updated again and it's screwing up again...business contact manager shuts down outlook along with it, so i can't even check my email. i can't believe that microsoft can't even make updates work with their own f-ing software! i tried system restore to go back to yesterday, but that still didn't help...system restore must not undo updates? is there a way that i can either uninstall the most recent update or at least look at programs by date and uninstall whatever is screwing things up?

thanks,

brad
STANGGT40 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
How you doin'
 
STANGGT40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: 8 Rib > 6 Rib
Posts: 28,254
my e-mail box was getting full because i couldn't check it, so i just un-installed business contact manager (along with most of my contacts! ) so that i could open outlook and actually be able receive my e-mails. microsoft sucks ass!
STANGGT40 is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 03:14 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANGGT40
i have microsoft outlook 2003 with business contact manager...well, when my computer updates (XP) it screws up the business contact manager, so it shuts down, reopens, shuts down, reopens,... i fixed it before, but i can't remember how, and now it's updated again and it's screwing up again...business contact manager shuts down outlook along with it, so i can't even check my email. i can't believe that microsoft can't even make updates work with their own f-ing software! i tried system restore to go back to yesterday, but that still didn't help...system restore must not undo updates? is there a way that i can either uninstall the most recent update or at least look at programs by date and uninstall whatever is screwing things up?

thanks,

brad
If you know which update mess it up then you can uninstall it in add/remove Programs.
CISCO is offline  
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
How you doin'
 
STANGGT40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: 8 Rib > 6 Rib
Posts: 28,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by CISCO
If you know which update mess it up then you can uninstall it in add/remove Programs.
i looked in the list, and the last updated has a note that says that you can't uninstall the update.
STANGGT40 is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 09:04 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANGGT40
i looked in the list, and the last updated has a note that says that you can't uninstall the update.
Backup your data and wipe the PC clean start over fresh. It's hard with issues like these.
CISCO is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome