Deleting the Web Page off your Desktop
I assume you are running Windows XP but if I am wrong let me know. I can help you out with this little "Misleading Application". First to get your desktop back we got to delete the Webpage setup on your desktop as your desktop wallpaper by the program. You can do this by following these instructions:
1. Right Click on your Desktop until you get a menu where you can select “Properties” If you don’t get that then its because you are right clicking on the webpage on your desktop, So try right click as far away from the desktop as possible like under your Start Menu or the farthest left and right sides of the screen.
2. If you clicked “Properties” you should get a “Display Properties” window. From here select the “Desktop” tab.
3. Now in this tab choose the “Customize Desktop” button at the bottom.
4. This should bring you a “Desktop Items” window. From here click on the “Web” tab.
5. Now in this tab select and un-check and delete all Web pages in the web pages box. There should be one there that cannot be deleted called “My Current Home Page”, just make sure it’s not checked on. Also don’t worry about locking the desktop.
6. Then just click ok, apply, etc… And now you should not see the blue message desktop anymore.
After you tried this, let me know if it worked so I can begin assisting you with the "Misleading Application" removal process.