PS3 + Metal Gear 4 = holy sH*$ - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

PS3 + Metal Gear 4 = holy sH*$

Ok so, I am a huge X360 fan, but after playing this game last night, the PS3, or at least the creators of MGS, is/are SUPERIOR. I was unsure what the hype was till last night...

The graphics on this game make COD4 look like a damn Atari game. The realism and abilty to move so freely (at times are a pain because the controls are confusing from the XBox). You can switch to first person often which rules for shooting people in the head, and the sneaking around and camo feature are bad ass... all top notch.

Plus the game is full Blu Ray, and all on Dolby Digital.

If you don't have a PS3, GET ONE, that is only if you are a fan of MGS series. This game does not disappoint AT ALL. Makes Grand Theft Auto sorta suck, I even forgot I had it last night when I normally want to play it before I crash.

Little secret for the MGS newbs. Pick the dead bodies up and drop them to shake them free of stuff like food. The game will make a little chime, and then you pick it up. I forgot all about it till I moved a body out of the line of site to be unspotted.

Grey 86 GT - Rebuild pending
Orange 08 Corvette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 10:48 AM
Very Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKD
Ok so, I am a huge X360 fan, but after playing this game last night, the PS3, or at least the creators of MGS, is/are SUPERIOR. I was unsure what the hype was till last night...

The graphics on this game make COD4 look like a damn Atari game. The realism and abilty to move so freely (at times are a pain because the controls are confusing from the XBox). You can switch to first person often which rules for shooting people in the head, and the sneaking around and camo feature are bad ass... all top notch.

If you don't have a PS3, GET ONE, that is only if you are a fan of MGS series. This game does not disappoint AT ALL. Makes Grand Theft Auto sorta suck, I even forgot I had it last night when I normally want to play it before I crash.

Little secret for the MGS newbs. Pick the dead bodies up and drop them to shake them free of stuff like food. The game will make a little chime, and then you pick it up. I forgot all about it till I moved a body out of the line of site to be unspotted.
This game is the only reason i've even thought about a PS3. I'm a huge Metal Gear junkie, as far as gaming goes. This entire series has been hands down above the rest.

<-- collecting cans, so he can afford a PS3

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 10:55 AM
Lifer

Metal Gear is the shit. I still have the origianl on NES. Its difficult in its own right.

post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 11:04 AM
fuckcanada

Its a Kojima game, it was "guaranteed" to be cutting edge/top notch.

This IS the only reason to get a PS3, now if only other developer's can do what kojima can.

post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 11:12 AM
dead

hell yea. i bought it at the midnight release at wally world.

the PS3 mgs4 bundle pack, 80 gig with ds3 controller for $499 - $100 GC. im pretty noob with the aiming (im big with mouse keyboard aiming).

you try the multi player yet? i tried it just to shits. its not bad.
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 11:21 AM
"SHOW HIM THE BIRD!"

i picked up an 80 gig yesterday and i have been playing mgs and im hooked. Looks amazing!!!!
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Semi-Banned

Hell yeah! I can't wait to get this game. Hopefully I can pick this up sometime this week!
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 11:32 AM

I was about to get a new game to play on PS3, I am tired of kicking everyones ass at Madden, lol. I might have to pick up MG and try it out, I always loved Goldeneye on PS.
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Lifer

I will pick up after work I was wondering how good it would be.
post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Big "foot"

I watched some cut scene videos on you tube. Introduction mainly.

The graphics are beautiful, but conceptually, the armored cow-bot seems pretty queer.

post #11 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Matt
This game is the only reason i've even thought about a PS3. I'm a huge Metal Gear junkie, as far as gaming goes. This entire series has been hands down above the rest.

<-- collecting cans, so he can afford a PS3
I hear that dude, the whole gamine experience is just a blast. Problem for me is I can't stop playing once I start. I finished MGS for PS1 in 8 hours, no food, no sleep, no stretching, just rented it, played and finished it. The guy at the store was like you didn't like it, why you returning so soon, and I said I finished it last night.

Kinda makes it hard when you gotta get up for work. I almost called in sick so I could play it all damn day.

This one is as much better over 2 and 3 as those were over MGS1. They took full advantage of the PS3 on this game!!!

Orange 08 Corvette
post #12 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo stallion
hell yea. i bought it at the midnight release at wally world.

the PS3 mgs4 bundle pack, 80 gig with ds3 controller for $499 - $100 GC. im pretty noob with the aiming (im big with mouse keyboard aiming).

you try the multi player yet? i tried it just to shits. its not bad.
Damn you made out! I wish I could have waited, I only have one other game, but I have been using the hell out of my PS3 for a BR player, so 7 more months without that woulda sucked.\

Mo, does that controller shake a lot? If so, I want to pick one up as well, I only have one controller anyway.

Orange 08 Corvette
post #13 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 12:23 PM
Resident Epicurean

When did this come out?

<---Stopping by GameStop on the way home.
post #14 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKE
I watched some cut scene videos on you tube. Introduction mainly.

The graphics are beautiful, but conceptually, the armored cow-bot seems pretty queer.
haha it is sorta lame, but those are just small soldiers in a great game. I dont think they are all the way through the game. They kick some major ass though! Death everywhere at the beginning.

Orange 08 Corvette
post #15 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
When did this come out?

<---Stopping by GameStop on the way home.
yesterday.

Orange 08 Corvette
post #16 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
yesterday.

How is multiplayer?
post #17 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
How is multiplayer?
Dunno yet, haven't played that. Mo says its alright... I might check it out when i get home.

Orange 08 Corvette
post #18 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Mo says its alright...

I was looking for a little more insight than 'alright'. Especially considering that I really only buy games for multiplayer. I could give a shit about the plot.....
post #19 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 12:47 PM
"SHOW HIM THE BIRD!"

I havent played multi yet. I might tonight just to check it out.
post #20 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 01:33 PM
dead

Quote:
Damn you made out! I wish I could have waited, I only have one other game, but I have been using the hell out of my PS3 for a BR player, so 7 more months without that woulda sucked.\

Mo, does that controller shake a lot? If so, I want to pick one up as well, I only have one controller anyway.

this is pretty much when i planned to buy a ps3 and since i got a free game and the gift card i couldnt turn it down.

i just strolled in at 11:30 to see if they would even have it. they had a 2 person line and apparently got in 2. well one of the guys buying was just waiting for the game so i got in line and got it.

i havent played much with a regular controller so im not sure if the dualshock is too much or not. it feels pretty natural after using the ps2/xbox ones so long. i cant say there was a point where the dualshock was over used.
post #21 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 02:10 PM
dead

Quote:
I was looking for a little more insight than 'alright'. Especially considering that I really only buy games for multiplayer. I could give a shit about the plot.....

this is honestly my first console mulitplayer shooting game so i couldnt tell you how it compares to the others... ive only played madden online otherwise.

comparing it to computer multiplayer, i have thousands of hours behind counterstrike. i prefer first person shooter and mouse and keyboard. im still not used to the controller aiming thing but i like playing online more than 1 player mode too.

i know they have 5 maps right now. i hear they will make more available for download down the road. they have different team play options like running operations, deathmatch, team play and i think a few others. i liked the speed to connect to a ready server and start playing, the speed of play and time between rounds was fine but as far as how good is it? i'll let one of the other multiplayer guys jump in here when they finally try it out to see how they compare it.
post #22 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo stallion

i know they have 5 maps right now. i hear they will make more available for download down the road.

Well that fucking sucks. Only five maps? I'm sure they're going to charge extra for the downloads, too.
post #23 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 03:38 PM
"SHOW HIM THE BIRD!"

i just got to the laughing octo girl. Damn was she hot! i thought i even saw a camel toe in a few shots on the cinema.
post #24 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Time Served

stroked and all PS3 owners here gotta check out "Uncharted "
I think the graphics are better than MGS4. MGS4 is a better game but Uncharted is damn good too!

The real IVAN DRAGO, " I must break u".
post #25 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf
stroked and all PS3 owners here gotta check out "Uncharted "
I think the graphics are better than MGS4. MGS4 is a better game but Uncharted is damn good too!
thats the only other game I have, and yes it is a good game as well, but the graphics during the game aren't as good as Metal Gear imo.

Orange 08 Corvette
post #26 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 01:30 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
MGS games are all about the plot.

That said, I need to pick this up tomorrow. I've got a Target gift card burning a hole in my pocket

post #27 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 01:55 AM
NES Crew

If Uncharted Drake's Fortune is better than MGS4, as some have suggested in this thread, then I will wait for MGS4 to hit the PS3 Classics section.
post #28 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 03:13 AM
I. Am. God.

MGS is by far the best series ever made.

1994 Cobra Pace Car For Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56482
only on DFWstangs...
post #29 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 05:16 AM
PVC Racing

I bet you don't last 2 weeks playing it Matt

hmmm might have to rent iit, i'm not big into campaign modes now. Its all about the mulit player . I still have yet been more than 5 mins into COD4, but for multi, shit i have like 14days logged in

"Less talkie talkie more ping pong"
post #30 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Yes.....its a V6.

Quote:

Just bought it today.....installing now.

These are the demands and sayings of Duncan.
post #31 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 08:14 AM
Lifer

Bought this game over the weekend and man its hella fun. On an HD the game looks awesome!! MGO is also pretty cool a little slower paced than i'm used to but still really fun. MGS4 is one of the reasons i bought a ps3
post #32 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 08:29 AM
phuk therd gier

ive always wanted to get into the metal gear games, do i need to play the first ones before i get this latest one?? is it pretty difficult to play?? (as im not a true "gamer")

04 converted V8
post #33 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 08:57 AM
Time Served

Quote:
If Uncharted Drake's Fortune is better than MGS4, as some have suggested in this thread, then I will wait for MGS4 to hit the PS3 Classics section.
Well a game being better is a matter of opinion, i never said it was better. I said it look better than MGS4, i think some wont judge it fairly(as far as graphx) cause MGS4 has a history behind it.

MGS4 is better, hell probably the best game out there like stroked said, i was just stating my opinion in the graphics department. Cause to me "Uncharted' looks is amazing and probably the best looking game in any system.

By the way, my opinion on the best looking games out there

1. Uncharted
2. MGS4
3. Gears of War
4. Call of Duty 4

The real IVAN DRAGO, " I must break u".
post #34 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 09:08 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY04Mustang
ive always wanted to get into the metal gear games, do i need to play the first ones before i get this latest one?? is it pretty difficult to play?? (as im not a true "gamer")
Playing the older ones would probably help out a bit. And they are all really awesome. Metal Gear 2 is the first one i ever played and i bet the game like 5 times when i bought it. Its awesome. Metal Gear 3's story is great as well. 4 i haven't beat yet.
post #35 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 09:39 AM
Yes.....its a V6.

I played that damn game for 6 hours last night (even watched all the little movie parts) and just made it to the second level. Damn fun but I am paying for it today!

These are the demands and sayings of Duncan.
post #36 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 11:15 AM
Resident Epicurean

I'll go ahead and say it... I don't like it. At all. I realize the series is a legacy, but I'm just not feeling it. I'll give it another go round before I take it back, or put it up for sale.
post #37 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 11:20 AM
phuk therd gier

Quote:
I'll go ahead and say it... I don't like it. At all. I realize the series is a legacy, but I'm just not feeling it. I'll give it another go round before I take it back, or put it up for sale.
how come you dont like it??

if you decide to sell it send me a pm-
Kane

04 converted V8
post #38 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 11:26 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
how come you dont like it??

Controls, gameplay, etc. Just not what I thought it was, I guess. The last MGS game I played was on the original Nintendo.

Quote:
if you decide to sell it send me a pm-
Kane

Will do.
post #39 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclestang89
I bet you don't last 2 weeks playing it Matt

hmmm might have to rent iit, i'm not big into campaign modes now. Its all about the mulit player . I still have yet been more than 5 mins into COD4, but for multi, shit i have like 14days logged in
Why you say that?

I dont like multiplayer much, just for the fact of all the bickering and shit talking of the whiney little bitches on there, esp the young kids. Now, when its squad tactics like when me and you and Chris and all the SVT crew was on the same team on COD, that was fun as hell (when you didn't shoot your teammates), but for the most part, online sucks...

I am a HUGE MGS fan, and will not be giving up on this game any time soon. Just so you know, I beat COD4 campaign in like a week while you and Chris were playing online all the time. I prefer the story modes of all the games over online.

Orange 08 Corvette
post #40 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
Controls, gameplay, etc. Just not what I thought it was, I guess. The last MGS game I played was on the original Nintendo.

Will do.
MGS wasn't out on Nintendo... MGS came out on PS1, and PS2 has MGS2 and MGS3... Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 were on NES... BIG difference between Metal Gear and MGS, and esp MGS4! thats like 3-4 systems later!

It may not be for everyone, I just wished I had my system hooked up cause this game is in full Dolby Digital. It sounds amazing on my crappy ass TV stereo.

Orange 08 Corvette
post #41 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 01:14 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoot To Kill
MGS is by far the best series ever made.
x2

Now I need to buy me a ps3

post #42 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
MGS wasn't out on Nintendo... MGS came out on PS1, and PS2 has MGS2 and MGS3... Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 were on NES... BIG difference between Metal Gear and MGS, and esp MGS4! thats like 3-4 systems later!

Pardon me. It was Metal Gear, not MGS.
post #43 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 02:10 PM
is chilaxing

I picked it up this weekend, didn't really play. Gonna play it tonight for sure.
post #44 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Semi-Banned

Quote:

If you want to sell hit me up.
post #45 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 02:25 PM
phuk therd gier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stng5Pnt8
If you want to sell hit me up.

hey hey hey - i got dibs

04 converted V8
post #46 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Semi-Banned

Quote:
hey hey hey - i got dibs

I didn't notice that.

But $$ talks, bs walks
post #47 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Lifer

I haven't had time to hook my new PS3 up yet...got the 80G with the MGS game and dual shock controller included.......looking forward to it.

--wes
post #48 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
Pardon me. It was Metal Gear, not MGS.
No prob, I was just meaning it that there is a BIG difference in Metal Gear and even MGS 1 for the regular playstation... from Metal Gear to MGS4 is a HUGE jump.

Orange 08 Corvette
post #49 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 06:36 PM
dead

Quote:
No prob, I was just meaning it that there is a BIG difference in Metal Gear and even MGS 1 for the regular playstation... from Metal Gear to MGS4 is a HUGE jump.

how far in are you? i suck at these games so im only a few check points in, i should have put it on easy.
post #50 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 06:53 PM
Semi-Banned

What's all this I hear people talking about the dual show controller? I have a 60gig and It came with one already?

Don't they all?

Anyways, I need to get another one or 2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement