Replaced motherboard and got jack shit? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Replaced motherboard and got jack shit?

My computer started messing up a few months ago. I looked at the motherboard and there were several capacitors that had popped. I ordered a new one off of ebay because it was an old socket 478 with parallel connections. I installed the new mother board and turned on the computer. Worked fine for a couple minutes. Then the mouse stopped working but the keyboard worked.Restart computer and mouse would start working for about 2 minutes then stop. Restarted the computer again and the monitor wont come back on. After turning the computer off several times and unplugging everything then plugging it back in the monitor will come back on once every 10-15 times I turn it off and on. The monitor coming back on has gotten more sporadic. Iv tried switching the pin on the board(Intel board) to restart in bios and nothing. Iv tired to reinstall the OS(linux) but I have to be able to see to set it up to boot from the disc.
So I wrote the company I bought it from and said it was faulty. They just informed me that I installed it wrong and that I needed to read the Install instructions. Can someone write up a B.S. deal that sounds technical so I can get them to swap for a new one? Or does it sound like another problem.
BTW-when the monitor wont some one the keyboard doesn't light up,there is no sound when the monitor does come on, I tried a different processor,removed the ram,unplugged both cd drives and nothing has fixed it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Oh, and it was a "used but tested" mother board
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 12:55 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

your new motherboard is screwed...

is that technical enough?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB
your new motherboard is screwed...

is that technical enough?
Im just trying to get something with some believable technical jargon in it so they'll send me a new one.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Long Live T.S.

Are you sure you have a large enough PSU?

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 02:50 PM
IA2

Also try removing any unnecessary boards (sound card, etc) and see if that makes a difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement